Toaor - GHSC Big Bang, Super Critical Autos plus Lowryder 2 Autos - Aeroponic with Franco's nutes formula

toaor

Day 27:

The two Super Criticals are shwoing signs of yellowing leaves again since I put nutes back in but the Big Bang and Lowryder 2, don't seem to be affected anywhere near as much, any suggestions?

Tomorrow would normally be nutes change day but I'm just going to use plain water and now add some Atami Bloombastic as they are all showing pistils now.

Also, planted up 24 White Rhino x Skunk #1 seeds in Root It organic germination cubes having soaked them overnight first in water and Canna Rhizotonic, 4ml in 1 liter plain water.

Purchased two collapsable camping water containers 14 liters each for transporting any water I may need depending on whether we have a dry summer.

I've read on another site that outdoor grows should have 20-20-20 NPK plant food, anyone have any thoughts on that?

Have checked weather for the next week and as it stands at the moment I'm in for a bone dry week of sunshine, I want it to rain to soften up the ground before I go digging and planting, want to go out the morning or early evening after it's rained as the ground is dry and cracking up a bit, it's been the driest April on record !!!

That's it, have a good week ahead one and all,

Toaor

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 28:

Nutes change day normally but not today because of the yellowing lower leaves on the two Super Criticals, as you can see in the photos, the Big Bang and Lowryder 2 aren't doing the same though they're going great, just gave them plain water and Atami Bloombastic to boost flowering.

I actually cut off all the yellow leaves seems stupid to waste plant energy on dying leaves and as they are low down shouldn't be a problem and it'll let more light to the lower branches, not that I'd call them branches more like stems, lol

PH: 5.8

EC: 1.5

Here's today's pics, enjoy.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Super Criticals

IMAG0562.jpg

Big Bang & Lowryder 2

IMAG0563.jpg

Big Bang & Lowryder side view

IMAG0564.jpg

Super Criticals

IMAG0565.jpg

Super Criticals

IMAG0566.jpg

All of them, you can see how yellow the Super Criticals are in comparison to the other two.

IMAG0569.jpg

Roots being spayed

IMAG0571.jpg

Another root shot

IMAG0572.jpg

Toaor ... What's your spraying time frequency? seems that's not allowing the roots to dry enough.

I have noticed that people have been discrediting the effectiveness of the aero timer. If you leave your pump on 24/7, in my opinion, you might as well be doing deep water culture or some other type of hydro (getting over watering signs). It is the 4, 5, 10, 20. 30 or 5o minutes being off and receiving abundant amount of oxygen that makes it aeroponics. During this time, the roots search for water and stretch out to do so.

Hey Anguscr,

Sprays 1 minute every hour during lights on plus there's a fogger that come on for 15 mins 30 mins after the sprays, then there's a gap around 15 mins and back to the 1 minute spray.

During lights off they get 1 minute every two hours plus the same fogger timings.

If it was the case that roots aren't getting a dry period surely it would be the same on the Lowryder 2 and the Big Bang, why only the Super Criticals?

If you look back through journal pictures you'll see that the SC's had totally different roots to the Lowryder and BB right from start and they have had exactly same treatment as each other.

I'm a bit baffled by that !!

Thanks for feedback though, shows someone is reading my journal efforts.

All the best,

Toaor

PS:

They have air pump running 24/7 and as your post said it's pretty much a DWC not true Aero so I could just stop the sprays and the fogger as most of the roots are now constantly bathing in reservoir.

However, the roots between pot and nutes would dryout wouldn't they, although could just leave fogger on same timings for that?

Toaor

Day 30:

Didn't manage to look in on the girls yesterday was out all day but have stuck my head in this morning and they're going great especially the Big Bang and Lowryder 2, the Super Criticals are still growing well despite the yellow leaves, BB and Lowryder are getting quite bushy now too, especially BB.

Today's readings

pH 6.4

EC 1.65

Here's today's pics including five Northern Lights, one Lowryder 2 and my three leaved freak plant White Rhino x Skunk#1.

Out of the 24 seeds I planted up for germination on Monday two have popped up one yesterday and one so far today, which is good I was beginning to worry I'd done something different as my previous batch have done nothing but as I've mentioned in previous posts think that was down to soil and nutes mix too strong for germinating.

IMAG0581.jpg

Lowryder 2 at front Big Bang behind

IMAG0582_0.jpg

Lowryder 2 and Big Bang on right, Super Criticals on left

IMAG0583.jpg

Super Criticals nowhere near as bushy as other two !

IMAG0584.jpg

All four girls

IMAG0585.jpg

Northern Lights

IMAG0587.jpg

Northern Lights

IMAG0588.jpg

My attempts at FIM technique on Northern Lights

IMAG0590.jpg

Another FIM'ed Northern Lights

IMAG0591_0.jpg

Lowryder 2 in flower but temp has been dropping below 10c so not sure she'll do much, watch this space.

IMAG0593.jpg

The three leaved freak plant.

That's it for today, best wishes one and all.

Toaor

Day 31:

Just a quick update, I realised that what I've been referring to as the Big Bang is actually the Lowryder 2 and it's going great guns, I had to move the light up yet again, I only moved it yesterday by about an inch so have raised it another inch, I like to keep it as close as possible and the LEDs don't do any damage whatsoever, sometimes the leaves sweat a tiny bit at the top but that 's it.

Today I noticed that one of the original 14 seeds of White Rhino x Skunk#1 in the nutrient rich soil has popped up so I now have four of them, one of which is the three leaved freak, I'm told it's called either a Tripod or Trifoliar, so original, lol.

The Lowryder in greenhouse is showing more and more pistils so the below 10c temperatures haven't stopped her flowering, they may have slowed it a bit but I don't think so looking at her she's developing normal.

Been out to one my guerilla grow sites today and discovered there is absolutely nowhere near to park without being obvious that someone is in the woods so will always have to be dropped off by someone.

Also refuelled the CO2 bubblers I have in tent, Sugar, Bakers Yeast, Baking Powder and Water see "Advanced Techniques" for complete breakdown of hwo to make your own.

They were producing bubbles within minutes, baking powder speeds it up, so I now have four bottles pumping out a bubble each every 5-10 seconds, lovely.

No pics today it took about 45 minutes to do the CO2 change but that's only because I have them hanging on wire, which I had to cut and redo.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Day 32:

Why oh why are the Super Criticals sooo different to the Big Bang and Lowryder 2, I am baffled any ideas guys????

They have same light, nutes, temp, humidity, absolutely everything is the same for all plants but the SC's have curling upward leaves, yellowing at the edges all the way through to completely yellow, they're skinny and quite pathetic looking in comparison to the other two and I really don't know why.

On a positive two more of my guerilla grow seeds have popped this morning so I have five up with 20 more to go.

Here's the pics of the SC's BB and Lowryder.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Super Criticals

PICT2106.JPG

Super Criticals

PICT2107.JPG

Super Criticals

PICT2112.JPG

Big Bang front, Lowryder 2 behind

PICT2108.JPG

Big Bang front Lowryder 2 behind much taller

PICT2110.JPG

Big Bang front Lowryder 2 behind

PICT2111.JPG

All of them for comparison SC's left BB and Lowryder on right

PICT2109.JPG

Another shot for comparison

PICT2113.JPG

Hey Tokage, how's you? Well I hope.

The lowest it's got down to is about 5 or 6 degrees at nioght and up 20-25 during sunny days but she's happily producing new pistil hairs so don't think she's suffering and it should warm up from here on in.

She's looking good and very different to Northern Lights, totally different leaf shape and she has very perky upright leaves, I'm really looking forward to the end result and if I like I will get more Lowryder 2 seeds, as it's also the Lowryder that is doing best in grow tent.

I have five Super Critical seeds from Franco left so may try them in soil instead and they can flower with NL's in tent, when these have finished in another couple of weeks.

All the best,

Toaor

Glad to hear it.

She's at four internodes now with shoots coming off from each and she's about 35 days if I remeber correctly without going back through journal.

She does look a nice strong plant amazingly upright straight leaves in comparison to NL's, which are rounder, fatter and curl downward naturally, different colours too NLs are much lighter green than Lowryder more mossy green, no smell as yet only if you rub leaves.

Have a great weekend,

Toaor

Day 35:

Nutes change day and clean out day, I decided to go full blast with Franco's nutes as the Big Bang and Lowryder 2 are still growing well, can't say the same for Super Criticals and I'm still baffled as to why they are soooo different in growth.

pH 6.0-6.2

EC 2.4-2.6

Don't know why EC is so high but it is, never been that high before yet nothing is different to usual.

You can see how different the plants are in terms of growth and flowering, SC's got yellowing, drying leaves but other two are doing absolutely fine.

Here's pics.

Best wishes one and all, enjoy your week's.

Toaor

All four top view

IMAG0602.jpg

Side view Big Bang on left Lowryder 2 on right

IMAG0604.jpg

Super Critical side view

IMAG0605.jpg

Top view Super Criticals

IMAG0606.jpg

Another top view

IMAG0607.jpg

Lowryder 2 on left Big Bang right

IMAG0608.jpg

Lowryder 2 flowers

IMAG0609.jpg

End view Lowryder 2 left Super Critical right

IMAG0610.jpg

Roots of Super Criticals front Lowryder 2 and Big Bang behind

IMAG0613.jpg

More roots

IMAG0614.jpg

Back in the tent

IMAG0615.jpg

Super Criticals you can see yellowing under LEDs quite well too.

IMAG0617.jpg

Day 42:

Unfortunately been away on business since last Tues so had to rely on automtic system to do everything as it shouold, which it has but the temperature is way too high if I don't open tent during day.

Consequently the two Super Criticals are looking very sorry for themselves, gloden leaves dry and crispy with nothing happening to buds.

On the other side thouhg the Lowryder and Big Bang still seem to be coping quite well with exactly same conditions, today I've just given plain water nothing else.

pH 5.9-6.1

EC 0.47

We'll just have to see how they recover if they do.

Super Criticals

IMAG0640.jpg

Big Bang and Lowryder 2

IMAG0641.jpg

Lowryder 2

IMAG0642.jpg

All four back in tent with fresh CO2 bubbling away should give them a blast as it ran out.

IMAG0643.jpg

Another view all four

IMAG0644.jpg

That's it hunters, have a good week, I'll post more as and when it's worth it.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Day 43:

Decided the crap USB fan is no longer sufficient to keep girls cool enough to grow decent buds as it keep s stopping or going slow, so have put another electric fan in there instead, see if it makes any difference and they recover, don't think they will very much as they're autoflowering so the process is out of my control really.

Toaor

Day 46:

Still no major improvements so I think they're for the cull on tomorrow or Monday, then in go the Northern Lights straight to 12/12 light cycle in soil, not using aeroponic for a while till the summers over anyway, simply because I can start plants off nicely in greenhouse and put straight to flower but all in soil.

I put various seeds in to germ last night and all five of the Super Criticals are up this monring so have just put sprouts into Root It organic cubes and filled around with a mix of vermiculite, normal compost from shop and some slow release nutrient pellets.

I also put 10 White Rhino x Skunk#1 and 10 Unknown tiny little black seeds I got given in to germ same time but none of them are up today, Super Criticals all 10 of which, from GHSC have germinated so 100% success rate on their seeds.

That's it may start new journal for new seeds, you'll see it if I do as it'll appear in signature.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Day 52:

The girls got the chop and are drying in an envelope that's how much I got off all four plants it fits in an A4 envelope!!!

I've now put the five Northern Lights in tent straight to flower on 12/12 light cycle, see what they do, pics below along with some others of plants in greenhouse.

That's it for today.

Toaor

IMAG0678.jpgIMAG0682.jpgIMAG0663.jpg

Lowryder 2

IMAG0664.jpg

Lowryder 2

IMAG0668.jpg

Five Super Critical and Four White Rhino x Skunk#1

IMAG0662.jpgIMAG0661.jpg

Update:

Just poked my head and checked thermometer and humidity now that I have gravel and water in there, it goes up to 39.1 C with Maximum Humidity 82% and goes down as low as 23.1C with Minimum Humidity 33% big difference between lights on and off temps and humidity.

I presume that is 39.1C with 33% humidity and 23.1C with 82% humidity not the other way round as it looks above.

Apart from a very slight yellowing at the edge of the top leaves they're doing ok, I'm trying to think of a way to keep them cooler when lights are on, any ideas guys?

Tell you what I did notice, two little flies in the tent, must have come in from greenhouse with plants, hope they didn't lay a load of bloody eggs or I'll have to catch some spiders to go in there too.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Day 53:

Gave the Lowryder a mix of Canna Terra Flores 25ml in 5 liters of tap water with 5ml of Atami Bloombastic for flowering, pH is 6.8 with an EC 1.50, although just checked Canna site and it's supposed to be between 5.8 -6.2, oops!

Gave all the Northern Lights the same Canna nutrients minus Bloombastic as they are on flower cycle but not far enough forward yet, only use when first signs of pistils show or last 4-6 weeks.

I'll start a new journal for the five Super Criticals in B'cuzz Kilomix as they will be staying in it all the way through and will only get Canna Terra Flores and Atami Bloombastic feeds, I intend to grow in greenhouse all the way through their cycle but if they get too big I'll have to bring them in under lights.

The Lowryder 2 is quite nice and short around 35-45cms but not particularly bushy, although I have ot given her any nutrient feed apart from the slow release pellets I put in the soil mix, which is just standard shop bought peat ffree compost with a 10liter bag of vermiculite mixed in it.

Slow release pellets supposedly last six months and have an N-P-K of 18-11-11.

Todays numbers in the tent are Temperature Min 22.4C - Max 35.1, Humidity 40% - 83%

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

PS: Still nothing else come up from all the other seeds, which is germination rate of 2/10 not very good at all but hey the seeds were free so no biggie got others.

Day 56:

The Lowryder 2 is fast approaching her full potential with some of the big fan leaves turning brown and spotty, thought I take some close up pics of her resin production, which is pretty good considering the temp has gone below 10C quite a few times while she's been flowering.

Only a few of her white pistil are turning orangey/brown so she probably has a week and maybe a bit more left to go full season.

That's it for this week probably won't post over weekend, have a good one guys.

best wishes one and all,

Toaor

DSCF0001.JPGDSCF0002.JPGDSCF0003.JPGPICT0001.JPGPICT0002.JPGPICT0003.JPGPICT0004.JPGPICT0005.JPGPICT0006.JPG

Day 61:

This is the Lowryder 2 in the greenhouse not had any nutrients apart from one lot of Canna Terra Flores and Atami Bloombastic, she's nearly there can't wait to see what the smoke is like and how much I get off her.

IMAG0692.jpg

IMAG0693.jpgIMAG0694.jpgIMAG0695.jpgIMAG0707.jpgIMAG0705.jpg

That's it for now got to go upload pics to the other journals.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Day 67:

She's almost there just the last few days to let her finish off completely and get all those nice chemicals to send me as away with the fairies, around 25-30% of the pistils are orangey/brown but she's still fattening up so going to leave as long as possible without letting her go too far past her best.

Here's the pics:

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

IMAG0724.jpgIMAG0725.jpgIMAG0726.jpgIMAG0727.jpg

Day 72 - Harvest Time:

I decided today was the day to harvest the Lowryder 2, some of her pistils are still a nice white but most were going or gone brown/orange so didn't want to leave any longer.

She smells lovely and as you can see from picture of her on scales weighed in at a nice 54gms before drying, which she is now doing hanging in my loft.

I'll let you know what weight I end up with when she's all dried out but now here's the pics.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Final height 35cms

IMAG0738.jpgIMAG0739.jpgIMAG0741.jpgIMAG0743.jpgIMAG0744.jpgIMAG0746.jpgIMAG0748.jpg