Jimmy- Super Bud & Kalashnikova -04-05-2011- Francos nutriens vs Suger Peek nutriens

Jimmy

Guest superbluehaze

good luck Jimmy

everything is going great, and they look healthy.

play them some good music too, they love it!

take care

john

Thanks John!

Man Hydro is hard, and I think I almoste kill one plant :( ! But today I change the water and flush the plants, so I hope all become good tomoro and I want to see the ph stabel when I wake up ;) . I´m gonna do my normal update tomoro for you guys :) . Please you guys how belive in god please pray for my plants!

Take Care All!!!

Peace Jimmy!!!

Good day hunters!

Today I have a new update for you guys. The plants ar still alive and look ok I gess! But still the ph is going up over night, so I fix it every morning and afternooon. The tem is on 25-27c in day and 20 on the night the hum is on 40-60% up and down! I mix a nutrion solution on Ec 1,0. This whit hydro is hard and new for me so if you guys think the plants look so so I understand! But Im leaning everyday!

Group foto!

SAM_0818.JPG

Super Bud #1 She is 8cm high and the leaf is 4cm long and 2cm wide!

SAM_0814.JPG

Super Bud #2 This one come up 3 days afer ther other´s she is 5cm high and the leaf´s ar 2cm long!

SAM_0815.JPG

Kalashnikova #1 She is 7cm high and have a leaf length of 4cm and 2cm wide!

SAM_0816.JPG

Kalashnikova #2 I almost kill this one she is not greeat but she is gonna live! She is 8cm high and have the same length as the rest!

SAM_0817.JPG

I have a vid for you guys this week to www.growhd.tv/video/My-new-test-grow-for-GHSC-Super-Bud-%2526amp%253B-Kalashnikova-week-2-of-veg%2521/f358d0ec75d593da4b41bbdbad9ee822

Thanks for looking in on my grow. Have a nice weekend and I see you guys agen next week!

Peace Jimmy

Guest superbluehaze

how often do you flood them jimmy?

do u have an air pump and air stone in the nutrient tank?

they are looking fine, and now that the ph is stable, your plants will be fine;

take care

john

Easy Jimmy ,,

Keep on keeping on my friend ;)

Next time put a more esablished plant on the system and I think you'l be fine !

Or water by hand untill they past the seedling stage then fill the resovoir ,,

It's to easy to drown a plant in a grodan cube ,,

Especialy seedlings ,,

They can be fiendish to water !

It could jus be the light but the cubes look a little green ,,

These type of systems seem just a little to damp for seedlings to thrive !

I would also recomend cube caps aswell ;)

http://www.hg-hydroponics.co.uk/3-rockwool-cube-cap---cover-2150-p.asp

Blessings my friend ;)

Hello John!

My water schedule is one hour on and a half hour of during the light hours. Regarding air pump and airstoned so I will buy it later. Thanks for your comments!

Thanks alexbiolog!

Thanks for the info Syn!

Peace jimmy

Update time amigos!

Wow what weeks go quickly! And if all goes according to plan so I turn over to 12/12 next Friday! During this week, it has not happened much, the plants received a water mixture of EC 1.0 to 1.1 and I have struggled with the PH every day, overnight, it is from 5.5 to 6.8 to 7.2 but I checked up a bit and got more info on this and as long as it does not go over 8.0 everything is ok! Temprature is between 25-28c during the light hours why it goes up and down is because I have an open window in the room that the tent is in! I will change the water mix today to an EC of 1.5! And here are the pictures and the bottom is your link to a video link!

Group foto!

SAM_0819.JPG

Kalashnikova!

SAM_0820.JPG

Super Bud!

SAM_0821.JPG

Super Bud #1 is now 12cm high!

SAM_0822.JPG

Super Bud #2 is now 6cm high!

SAM_0823_0.JPG

Kalashnikova #1 is now 12cm high!

SAM_0824.JPG

Kalashnikova the Mutant is now 11cm high!

SAM_0825.JPG

Hint: Unfortunately your browser does not have Flash Player installed or the Flash Player version is outdated. You need Flash Player to view media in this community. Download Flash Player

My new test grow for GHSC Super Bud & Kalashnikova week 3 of veg!
Thanks for this week!Peace Jimmy

Guest superbluehaze

Jimmy,

I would cut back a bit on your flooding cycles;

the roots need to be moist but not wet all the time;

the roots need more air and this will improve your plants.

An air pump and air stone in your nutrient will help, but you are flooding them too much.

In hydro you can over water by flooding them too much.

The plants will still grow, but for rapid and vigorous growth, then you must have the flooding cycle right.

try something like;

4 hours off, 30 minutes on during light cycle just to see how the plants do, and modify it;

the watering cycle may need to be longer or shorter;

experiment with the watering cycle to get the best results for your plants.

Mastering the water cycle in hydro to maximize growth does take some time;

it does depend upon a number of factors, the main one being the environment in which they are growing,

but the roots should not be wet all the time, but have long peroids of being moist without drying out totally.

Being moist, rather than wet for long periods of time, not only keeps the roots healthy but enables them to absorb all the nutrients the plants need for vigorous growth.

take care

john

Blessed Jimmy ,,

I think John is bang on !

You gotta love your Guru ;)

Time for a little fine tuning to to the irrigation cycle ,,

15 minutes on / 3hrs 45 mintutes off for seedlings = 3 feeds

15 minutes on / 1 hour 45 mins off for small plants = 6 feeds

15 minutes on / 45 minutes off large plant = 12 feeds

30 minutes on / 30 minutes off if your feeding big plants hard ! = 12 feeds

Look at the above as a rough guide as all our plants are different ,,

You'l soon get the hang of when to change your irrigataion regimes ,,

Now I would follow Johns advice !

Switch to 3 feeds a day = 15 mins on / 3hrs 45 minutes off ;)

They will soon take off as they settle into a decent wet dry cycle ,,

Jah Heights ,,,,,

Syn ,,,

I have now set the water flow In half an hour on and one hour off! I do not have the opportunity to put water in 15 min! I want to thank you all for the info and I hope that everything will be fine!

Take care peace

Jimmy

Guest superbluehaze

no worries Jimmy;

but mate I think your cycle should be longer.

Do not worry mate, the plants will do fine, as the rocks do hold a lot of moisure;

they will not die, the roots will not dry out that quickly, if you use a longer cycle;

if you do your plants will improve enough for you to see what i mean;

then experiement some more

with your new cycle, the roots will still be wet all the time;

I know how you feel,

all growers tend to over water at first using hydro, but honestly the plants will do better if the roots are not wet all the time, but have long peroids of just being moist.

some growers flood(i know you use a drip system) only once or twice every grow cycle using the same system as you are, and their plants thrive.

It does depend on the environment in which the plants live,

but unless your environment is really hot and dry(over 30c) then the plants can easily go from 6 to 8 hours before the roots start to become dangerously dry, and in most case even longer.

watch soem of Green Houses videos on growhd;

green house grow hydro but in rockwool, and they allow their plants when flowering to dry right out, so much so that Arjan easily lifts a 60 liter container with a large plant in it.

Do not worry the plants will survive;

sure make small adjustmenst at first, but there should be at least 2 to 3 hours between floodings or watering.

ideally no more than 3 to 4 per 18 hour cycle, with one or two in the dark hours, one of which should be just before lights on.

it does depend too on the size of the plants.

Of course my friend it is up to you but I would go with Syn 's recommendations and start from there;

I promise you that you will see a great difference in your plants in a few days to a week;

make small adjustments at first, but keep in mind the roots need long peroids of being moist and not wet.

take care, my friend;

I know your plants will do fine no matter what, jimmy.

john

Hello Hunters!

Today is Saturday and that means I have to update again! The plants are quite ok some of them got a bad start but now things should be back on track! The Plant has got to be in the veg stage in 33 days and I think it is plastic enough, so I have now flushed and washed all tanks of all plants. Then they got a new water solution and a new lamp 600w HPS. They will now be light 12 hours a day! Ph is at 5.5 and E c is 1.5 to 1.6! Kalashnikov looks the best now but we'll see next week how it is then! It can happen so much in one week! Wish me luck! And here are the pictures and one vid!

Group picture!

SAM_0846.JPG

SAM_0848.JPG

The Super Bud #1, She have grown this week 4cm and are now 16cm high!

SAM_0849.JPG

The Super Bud #2, She have grown this week 3cm and are now 9cm high!

SAM_0850.JPG

Tha Kalashnikova #1, She have grown this week 7cm and are now 19cm high!

SAM_0851.JPG

SAM_0853.JPG

The Kalashnikova #2, She have grown this week 4cm and are now 15cm high!

SAM_0852.JPG

And here is a vid from growhd.tv !!!

Hint: Unfortunately your browser does not have Flash Player installed or the Flash Player version is outdated. You need Flash Player to view media in this community. Download Flash Player

My new test grow for GHSC Super Bud & Kalashnikova 32 day´s in growth!

Thanks for your comment tokage!

Regarding Kalashnikov # 1 so I do not know what to say, for all plants received the same water and nutrients! But I think the Kalashnikov # 1 looks better she has green paint on the leaves and she looks steadier out! I do not know if it has with the genes to do!?

Peace!

Does anybody know of any1 who has finished growing a set of super bud or kalashnikova yet? anybody smoked it even? i should be able to put a pic up of a finished pair quite soon. i must say that so far, the super bud is looking and smelling very sweet. nice hint of lemon to the smell but still full body skunk pong to it. suddenly got quite frosty towards the end and turning a lighter and limier green towards end also. the kalash stayed a similar shape to the super throughout and the smell resembles that of the super bud, but with none of the lemon hint that the super has. im quite surprised to be honest, white russian and white widow and AK that i have had in Dam before has usually been quite bland and just that same old musky dutch decent but standard kinda thing... this is looking alot fruity than any other of those that iv seen??? maybe iv just been unlucky with batches of white russian and white widow in the past???