hi all my friend

highshunters

I find the whole autoflowering thing really interesting. I think its a very cool idea and it has it's merits.

So far as practical commentry goes, I can't really give much because I have never tried an auto strain. I am hesitant to as well. My reason is that autoflowering stains are regular strains, crossed with the ruderellis variety (which flowers independant of the photoperiod), now surely, it would be next to impossible to isolate the exact gene which controlls the hormonal resposes to darkness etc, without losing a few key alleles along the way or sacraficing the genetics which make a strain famous.

I think that the huge amount of genetic variation in cannabis makes creating a stable strain quite tough, and I think a whole heap of time and effort and occasional failure goes into creating a stable auto which retains most of its parent's potency.

We are all very lucky that companies like GHSC exist and have the facilities to properly breed such groovy plants. I mean, autoflowering is advanced stuff. In fact, does anybody actually know what techniques are used to create an auto strain? I mean precise techniques, anther culture perhaps???

Anyway, thats my 2cents! Highshunters, why you keen on autos anyway? Just get a timer and change the photoperiod the old school way!

;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey highshunter

have you looked at the maxi gom pics here on strain hunters, they are some phat autos.

you could also have a look at just feminised.com

they have some pretty good statistics charts with data such as:-

yeild per sq meter

average height

flower period

average thc content

heres a link http://www.justfeminized.com/our-auto-flowering-strain-statistics-226-c.asp

I would also recomend having a look round the internet and comparing reviews and statistics.

If you google auto flowering seeds you'll get plenty of sites to look at.

It is a good idea to decide how fast a finish you want and what sort of height you want, as auto varieties can be from 40 cm (short, ie. lowryder) up to 2.5m (very tall ie. annapurna) each seed company will supply this data.

I am presently growing supercritical auto (medium height up to 120 cm) from green house seeds and will be posting a grow report very soon.

There a plenty of supercritical grow report here on strain hunters, they are well worth a read.

Some strains i have looked at but not grown (though will most likely will in the future) are, auto pinapple express from barneys farm and mataro blue fom kannabia (contains thcv).

Both look pretty good to me but , if i do get to grow them i will be sure to post a grow report.

Good luck and happy growingwink_smile.gif