cogollo

my peyotes & san pedro

58 posts in this topic

You have some beautiful cacti.

Especially like the big Peyote with all the lil' ones comming out the bottom of it.

How old are they, looks like they been growing for quite a few years.

Peace

Lamsbread

its universal compost, make sure to get a dry mixture because the most important thing of peyote soil its to dont be wet, water it in summer one time each 7-15 days, they love sun.in cold seasons you cant give him any water, they resist cold if its dry, when the weather gets warmer and the sun shines a lot you can give him lots of water.

to water it i leave the pots 5 hours inundated in water

here is some epiphyllums(orchid cacti) i grew from cuttings

IMG_0630.JPG

the flowers of orchid cactus

suntet%20orchid.jpg

1 person likes this

Nice Peyote shiva and your other cacti as well, the hairy one looks great, kinda like a yeti cactus lol.

Bozoph am i right in thinking that, the orchid cactus is also called a christmas cactus?

Peace

Lams

thx lams the san pedros i did grow from seeds they have two years arround and the peyote i have since one year the hairy one i have no idea what name or family it is sorry :)

bless&joy

Thats a beautiful flower, not ssen one on a Peyote before.

Did you get any seeds, do they fertilise them selves?

Peace

Lamsbread

how long does it take to produce buttons??...and how many times a year does it produce.....just wodering if i can do gorilla grow on peyote since i live in desert

lam. orchid cacti are similer in plant shape to x-mas and spring cacti. but they r much bigger with larger flowers up to 14" across.

they are related to dragon fruit. their fruits look like mini dragon fruit. here is my 1st breeding exp. sunset orchid x red/pkIMG_0034.JPG

Sorry growers.

But, if i buy a Cactus, how many years he must to be for have ..physical effects and psychedelic.....???

Hello, Simon...

jajaaj sure 30 years is plenty of time for the peyote to create alkaloids. yesterday in a social building in the center of madrid that is abbandones and they do curses and things and everyone can go and smoke some joint o join the activities i saw a very big garden full of cactus with some strange species, we found a coryphantha elephantidens that also a hallucinogen, it contens round 10 alkaloids, we also saw lots of big san pedro, that have been cutted of them head, that means they eat them there. will take some pictures next time i go around there

1 person likes this

epiphyllums are more closly related to dragon fruit. but here is my x mas cacti they r also call spring cacti. they will bloom 4 times a year in good climate

DSCF2664.JPG

Thanx for the info Bozoph.

To day i certainly learn something

Peace bro

Lams