Toaor - Big Bang AutoFlowering - 29.09.2011

toaor

Big Bang Auto - Airpots - B'Cuzz Kilomix - LED Light Panels

Hello everyone, it's time to start a new journal of the new grow - Big Bang Autos.

I'm planting up 6 seeds to start, they've had an overnight in plain water and yesterday evening I put them in Root It germination cubes and they are now sitting in a sealed ice cream container for humidity, hopefully they'll start to pop up tomorrow or day after.

I will report back then and start journal from Day 1 they sprout, they will then go in B'cuzz Kilomix in the Air Pots, the soil has everything they need for first six weeks according to Atami the producers pH is 5.5-6.5.

Once they are two weeks old I will then start to light feed with Canna Terra Floresand then Atami Bloombastic when I spot first few pistils, which should be around two or three weeks after sprouting, as according to GHSC they take 6 weeks in total to finish so should be showing signs of flowers by week two or three.

They will be under one 120 watt LED panel and as they get bigger a second one will be put in tent.

That's it for now, hopefully update in a few days with pictures.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Day 1

Hey Guys and Girls, welcome to the new journal and I'm happy to report all six seeds germinated so again a 100% success rate with GHSC seeds.

I popped them into small pots and have placed them under 15w LED panel, which is better for seedlings and clones than the bigger 120w panel, I switch to them bigger one in a few days when I will then transfer into Air Pots.

I also took three cuttings from my three leafed freak White Rhino x Skunk#1 that's been in flower, just hoping they survive as I've never done cuttings before and doing during flowering isn't the best time to do it anyway.

Here's the pics.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

IMAG1277.jpgIMAG1277.jpgIMAG1279.jpg

• Like 1

Day 3:

Hey Guys & Girls,

I placed them in a box with two extra little 11watt CFL,s to come on when main LED panel goes off about 9pm but unfortunately I forgot to switch it from "On" to "Auto", instead I switched it to Off" so they only got about 14 hrs of light yesterday, I sorted it this morning.

Given them a little drink of plain water and Canna Rhizotonic for the roots, 4ml in 1l pH 5.8 and have just filled the six Air Pots ready for repotting on Monday then it's all systems go, I'll wait another week before I start any feeding as they will have almost everything they need for first six weeks in the Kilomix itself.

The piece of tubing you can see is releasing CO2, I cut some tiny holes and it's sitting in the middle above them, don't know if it'll make any difference but have nothing to lose by trying, here's today's pics.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

IMAG1286_0.jpgIMAG1287.jpgIMAG1288.jpgIMAG1289.jpgwebcam.png Tent Cam Pic

Day 5:

Hi Guys & Girls,

I just repotted into 3 liter Air Pots and gave a drink of plain water with some Canna Rhizotonic for root system.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

IMAG1307.jpgIMAG1308.jpgIMAG1309.jpgIMAG1314.jpgIMAG1312.jpg

Two 11w CFLs that come on when LED panel goes off at 9pm till 3am, extractor fan is too noisy to have on any later.

IMAG1316.jpgIMAG1315.jpg

Hey Romeu,

No problem changing it, where's the "Official Tester" badge gone, I had one before the site changes?

Yeah those tents are great, I had chipboard box built in cupboard when I very first started but I can't find the old links to that journal, it was a real mess of grow room but I just happened across the perfect size tent from Secret Jardin by accident on Ebay so bought it immediately, I hadn't seen one that small up to that point.

Toaor

They look nice and happy and growing well.

It certainly helps with the LED off when it comes to seeing the plants in photo's.

Are Big Bang 60 days from seed to finish?

I found a link to a grow of big bang auto's which may mention nutrient amounts , i did not haver time to read it

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/completed-journals/142385-x-marks-spot-xlr8s-big-bang-auto-hydro-grow-2011-a.html

Also dont forget to talk to tokage about his big bangs.

Here Tokages link - http://www.strainhunters.com/portal/forum/bang-and-critical-autothe-scrog-who-turned-sog

Always enjoy your grows wether it be indoors, in a green house or in the field.

Got my seat ready and my feet up.

Good luck bro

Peace

Lams

Hey Lamsbread,

Yes I will do it in future for pic taking.

Although I fucked up y'day by not switiching CFLs back on to Auto, I switched them off so plants didn't get 6hrs of light last night that they should have done, I'll switch it back on today and just hope for best.

It might turn them hermie, who knows.

Toaor

Day 16:

Hi Guys & Girls,

I decided to start giving a light feed to the three smallest plants and shifted them around in tent so tallest are at the back shorter one's at front with cuttings in front of them.

Canna Terra Flores 45ml in 10l

pH 5.8

Didn't measure EC but it will be low probably around 1.3-1.5

Fed the three tall ones just Rhizotonic water again at pH 5.8

Knocked up a fresh batch of CO2 bottles now sitting in the middle of all six plants as you can see in pics.

Min Temp 22

Min Humidity 47%

Max Temp 29.3

Max Humidity 82%

When main LED panel is on (12hrs day) temp is around 27 and humidity around 50%, temperature creeps up a little when panel goes off because extractor fan also switches off so it's just the extra heat from 2 x 11 watt CFLs.

They seem to be growing well at present so we'll see how the three I fed some nutes get on over next few days. I probably won't post again till Monday, things to do tomorrow and don't usually post much over weekend anyway.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Plant 1 Side View

IMAG1400.jpg

Plant 1 Top View

IMAG1401.jpg

Plant 2 Side View

IMAG1402.jpg

Plant 2 Top View

IMAG1403.jpg

Plant 3 Side View

IMAG1404.jpg

Plant 4 Top View

IMAG1405.jpg

Plant 4 Side View

IMAG1406.jpg

Plant 5 Top View

IMAG1407.jpg

Plant 5 Side View

IMAG1408.jpg

Plant 6 Top View

IMAG1411.jpg

Plant 6 Side View

IMAG1410.jpg

IMAG1416.jpgIMAG1415.jpg

Cool set up, looking foreward to watching this one over the winter.

Dont think they will be 6 weeks from seed to finish, the bigbangauto was a slower flowerer than the other autos for me outdoors, they flowered maybe 2 or 3 weeks later but the plants where bigger and in the end had better bud formations. Good smoke too :)

Im gonna guess they will be finished in 80 days from seed ! Interesting to know how long Tokage thinks they will take and yoursefl.

Day 27, ignore the Day 30 above, they popped the surface on 29-9-11

Just some more pics, they're growing great guns half to an inch per day you can see how they've grown from last pictures.

I fed them up a light solution of nutes Canna Terra Flores 10ml, Canna Rhizotonic 1ml, Atami Bloombastic 1ml in 10 liters of water EC 1.33, pH 6.1

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

IMAG1544.jpgIMAG1546.jpgIMAG1547.jpghey

Day 25:

Hey Guys & Girls, time for an update seeing as I aini't posted for a week.

The girls have grown amazingly in last week, they were all between 6-9" tall, they are now between 10-15.5" tall so the internode spacing has increased but they are sprouting out side shoots lower down the branches.

I started giving a very light mix of Canna Terra Flores 45ml with Rhizotonic 5ml in 10 liters of water to a pH 5.9, didn't measure EC but know it would be low.

Temperatures have gone up a bit with second LED panel I put inover weekend but only by about 2 or 3 degress, max temp now gets to around 28/29c and the minmum is around 20/22c.

Humidity is fine not going lower than about 50% and no higher than around 75%, so overall they are doing well, lots of pistils starting to burst from all areas.

Some pics below.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

IMAG1532.jpgIMAG1534.jpgIMAG1540.jpgIMAG1536.jpgIMAG1536_0.jpg

Day 18:

Just a quick update, I can see pistils on all six plants now some have five or six others just one or two pairs, so as well as a 100% germination rate for seeds, it's also 100% feminised seeds have turned out female, cool percentages GHSC well done am now just looking forward to the smoke, which is presumably about 6/7 wks away, unless they are going to flower and finish very quick, three weeks if the GHSC info is correct, as that states 6 wks, seeing as they're autos should be six weeks form germination, we'll see.

Toaor

Day 18:

Hey Guys & Girls,

Time for a little update with pics of course.

Managed to pick myself up a couple of 21 watt CFLs equivalent to just over 100 watts 2700k light spectrum for just £1 each, so they have replaced the 11 watt CFLs that were coming on at 9pm when LED panel goes off, so have effc=ectively doubled their light for 6 hours a day.

All six plants are doing well lovely fat wide leaves, nice dark green leaf colour and I think at least two pheontypes and just starting to produce a smell, very hashy aroma.

Started lowering light cycle by 7 minutes a day just to give them a kick start to flowering even though they're autos at three weeks old now I see now pistils and the info on GHSC site says they flower in six weeks but looking at them I don't think so.

Anyway here's this morning's pictures.

All the best oen and all,

Toaor

IMAG1441.jpgIMAG1442.jpgIMAG1443.jpgIMAG1444.jpgIMAG1445.jpgIMAG1446_0.jpgIMAG1447.jpgIMAG1448.jpgIMAG1449.jpg

Three leaf freak clone the only one that's taken so far, treasured plant.

IMAG1450.jpg

Day 28:

Some pics with just white CFLs turned on instead of pinky red LED panels. I swapped plants around so all the tall one's are now up the back and shirter at front, they've grown erratically one minute one plant is tallest the next another has over taken it.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Attached files IMAG1551.jpg IMAG1552.jpg IMAG1553.jpg IMAG1554.jpg IMAG1555.jpg IMAG1556.jpg