The Church, outdoors

hexx

Hi everybody, I'm growing 'The Church' this year and decided to keep a diary of my little home-plantation. With pictures, of course. You can find it here and I'm just as curious as y'all about how this all unfolds. The germination and first stage of growth were promising, to say the least.

230310_2.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest samuelo
looks good man clicked your link HERE - only thing i would change is - when i enter HERE - where it says 'enter' at the bottom of the page and then 'next page' at the bottom when you enter - make these fonts bigger so people can actually SEE THEM as even with my 20/20 vision i was like..... how do i see??? :)

Apart from that its great to see this kinda thing - Where in the world are you to be starting an outdoor crop at this time of year? Its spring in Uk and Europe so would be good to know where you are - I am presuming you are in The Netherlands?

Thanks again and hope to follow your progress - I am thinking of doing a 'guerilla grow' if i can find a spot near by that is fairly remote and with a lack of predators police and general civillians but for now i am an indoor grower but would love to do an outside crop sometime

Impressed :)

Sam

Yep, I'm in the Netherlands. Up to five outdoor plants are allowed here, as long as the neighbours don't complain about the smell, so I'll be passing a couple of the ladies on to friends when they're ready to go outside. And then there's of course this secluded garden of a friend of mine, near the water so no worries about the lady getting enough food and drink. Hopefully, I can grow one there as well, in the full soil - that could turn out to be interesting ;-)

I think outdoor growing is great. It's wonderful to see the ladies go with the flow of the seasons, the ganja that I harvest is excellent (i.e. not at all like the usual indoor knock-out strains that leave me zonked out on the couch, but a nice and clear high) and four or five plants yield a very decent crop.

Sun, moon, wind, rain and a steady dose of TLC - what more does the Herb need?

• 3 weeks later...

Five weeks after sprouting.

The girls are about 6 inches tall now and having a great time in regular potting soil for outdoor plants, with nothing but a bit of unfertilized roomtemperature water every other day (and the good vibes of Jah Sun and Jah Moon, of course).

Another five or six weeks to go before I move them outside. Looks like they're gonna be pretty sturdy little ladies by then ;-)

090410_1.png

Dunno about the ventilator, cuz they'll get plenty of wind over the summer into fall so that's lotsa time to grow a strong stem. Great idea, though.

Is gonna be sweet. I like this a lot more already than having to hunt for clones.

Samuelo, you're right. It's a good thing to help the girls to grow nice and strong by creating a little wind. So I placed one of those fans that sorta shake their head all the time - more or less simulating real wind, which doesn't usually blow from exactly the same direction all the time.

Again, thanks for the advice, brother.

• 4 weeks later...

May 3, 2010: with the roots already very well developed and the little ladies accustomed to the weather, the day has come for them to start living in the great outdoors. They live in 30-liter pots now, on a balcony facing southwest so they'll catch lots of sun in months to come.

Below, a picture of my humble little plantation. More pics in the diary I keep, located here.

030510_2.png

*lol* the human freak storm (i.e. the kind that steals crops) will have to climb three floors to get to the plants, so no worries there. As for the weather storms: bamboo sticks might just do the trick.

mate they look very healthy well done. I n I live in Australia and growing outdoors is very difficult although over the past 5 years I n I had a couple of small crops (about 5-10 plants each grow season). Getting good seeds locally is the hard part. I n I been planning on getting some Jamaican Pearl and Durban Poison feminised seeds online, but with Babylon watching every move not to sure if I n I should. anyway cheers for the post - peace love and raspect

• 3 weeks later...

About four weeks have passed now, and the Ladies are settling in quite nicely (in spite of going through one of the coldest early Spring days in ages). The diary update will follow somewhere this week, but this is what they've grown into some fifteen minutes ago.

img_0501.jpg?w=490&h=367

Guest superbluehaze

Looking good,my friend. I, too, am growing the Church. There are 3 phenotypes: one has the leaf deformity of super skunk, it grows big, one forms into a Christmas tree shape, and one takes after Northern lights in that it is a squat plant, but very vigorous and well branched, all are vigorous and grow big if they have the root space. Use large pots, at least 52 lites.

The last one( that takes after Northern Lights) is my favorite plant, if you check out my post in indoor growing you will see it. It does not mind a high Ec, and is a true indica, with a massive stem, but watch the other 2, as they are more like a sativa and do not like a high EC level; they all have a massive stem.

happy growing

• 3 weeks later...

your ladies are coming along very nicely. they seem to be loving there mother earth. flowering is gonna be great to watch. you might even want to transplant again into larger pots im telling you those are going to get bi;g and you are going to yield with a giant smile on your face. these ladies have extreme potential and i cant wait to see.

what are you currently feeding with ?

great job hexx

Yeh lotsa happiness already, here in our humble little plantation. Not doing anything special, though: all the Ladies get is fresh water, with a little bit of fertilizer for vegetable gardens every now and then. They appear to be feeling quite irie, though:

l_1600_1200_0BECDED4-464A-438A-898C-6EAE

Oh, and I've decided to turn the diary into a blog. Makes it easier to get the pictures online: no more fiddling with prehistoric HTML, just send them from my iPhone. It's at txtbreed.wiredcave.nl/herb,

Peace, y'all. One love!

Guest superbluehaze

You have 2 phenotypes of the church there. Are they getting enough light? It looks to me as though they are stretching a bit( especially the plant at the back). For a plant to grow well into a fully formed bush, the plant needs at least 3 to 5 hours of direct sun. Other than that they are looking really great, healthy and happy.

HaPPY harvest,

john

They gotta grow taller than this little wall:

p_1600_1200_1b5d6e71-7e95-4d42-8c56-05f4

..... but they got lotsa sunlight there, it being in the South-West and two floors up. And summer has only just started here. So no need to worry, brother.

;-)

Guest superbluehaze

I have grown the church, and you have 2 phenotypes there, and the back one is streaching; it is growing tall and thin, with little secondary branching. The Church, in all its 3 phenotypes, is a very bushy plant, with lts of branching.None of the phenotypes of the church grow tall and thin, as the back plant is doing. It is the plant at the back, and for a plant to grow steady and well branched, it needs direct sunlight.

happy growing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

That phenotype of the chuch is more sativa influenced than the others, it is true, but I still think it is streaching.

In the first picture, in your link, it is fine, but the second picture it branches and main stem are thin and it is lanky; whereas, that phenotype is a bushy plant with a indica internode length as all the church phenotypes share..

anyhow, good luck with them,

other than that they are looking great, my friend.

happy growing,

john

here is a picture of the same phenotype of the church in flower - notice the thick branching and large stem. If your plant is getting enough light, then it could be a potassium deficiency that is making it lanky:

the%20church%20other.jpg

• 2 weeks later...