Water PH for Soil Grow ?

Ok guys here is my Question.

What is the correct PH for water if you are growing in Soil..... ?

Sounds an easy question i know,

But i have read many books they recomend a PH of 7-7.2 for growing in soil ?

This has always seemed high to me but i go with what i read from .... well lets not name but some of the most respected growers in the world...

Then i read in forums that it should be 5.8-6.5 ? So which is correct ?

I understand the soil acts as a kind of buffer for the roots and lets you be much more variying with everything from PH to PPM and is a bit of a safety cell as it were to your plant (compared to Hydo that is)

So i am feeling a little confused, my area's water ph is high sometime over 8, after i have added my nutes its down to about 7 so all is good yeah...? my yield is ok but i have not had the space or time growing to put research into what works best so i guess im trying to take a short cut and get the answer here :)

I have a small tent and cant afford to take up space with experiments.... I will do that if i do not get a firm answer here but some sound advice from somebody who knows there stuff would be v helpfull and save me some valuble time.

My feeling is that in the books i have read they seem to be pushing people into organic and ballanced grows so ph 7 sounds good.

how ever i grow with a fake sun in a fake environment and force feed my girls to grow :) so i stand confused ( a little :)

hope u can help

thx D

In soil, seedling stage is 6.4 to 6 Ph ; Veg period is from 5.8 to 6 Ph, Flower period from 6 to 6.5 Ph.

That will be ok. Better to see it like this if you gonna use a light mix soil and will have to force feed for sure, at some points.

Take care

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...