Start From The Begining Of The Cannabis Timeline

bvb

HI i think it would cool for the strain hunters to try and collect the earilest strains and try and follow its history and collect the genetics

starting from the Chu valley of southeastern Kazakstan follow west into china then down south.

as far as i know thats where it began and should be huntered

then follow its course through time till they have coverd the globe i can just imagin now the end of the quest bringing out a box set with seeds of each landrace strain inside woow.

but i can just imagin the price to LOL £££££££££££££££££££ but would be worth it thou :)

interesting, however on which basis would you determine the oldest marijuana plants?...it's not like the regions were born after one another, flora and fauna unfolded roughly with the same time line globally. if you say kazakhstan has the oldest genetics in the world,..i have to disagree... places in the himalayas have age old marijuana jungles...too dense to ever cut, and layers and layers of generations growing. the soil fertile enough to sustain growth till the end of time. i doubt china or kazakhstan have a malana or a himachal. to create a time line in india itself would be very difficult. forget the entire world.

would be a very inaccurate waste of time to try and create a ''time line''...however a marijuana map. definitely.

it was a A BBC 2 Horizon documentary about the history of the cannabis plant, tracing its earliest origins, but it was a while ago when i watched it now looking it back up a cannabis expert thinks its there in kazakhstan that the plant evoled in the mountins whiched reached into china and pakistan

here is that video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq6PKAS5dbE watch it from 3 min 40 sec in it shows you a wild plant

i guess a way to follow its time line would be to follow its first relationships with humans i think thats all you could do.

hey thanks :-) saw the clip. interesting. but hear say. the largest and oldest jungles of marijuana grow in a number of places in the world. not to mention that pakistan and china are neighbours of kazakhstan with very little physical barriers.. you forgot about india. the himalayas are a proven barrier for all life. especially near the border. starting from kashmir bordering pakistan etc. till the easterm tip of arunachal pradesh bordering china. marijuana growing past this great mountain range would have existed from before. marijuana grows all the way till the peninsular tip of india near sri lanka. i feel maybe the green parts of the world all had natural weeds growing. marijuana apart. since there are proven hand few strains native to each continent.

Also, it is known for years now, that the oldest and most ancient recorded civilizations are the mohenjodaro and harappa civilizations in peninsular and northern india, which existed thousands of years before the first people to document the use of marijuana, the emperors of ancient china. They were advanced civilizations that engaged in trade with newer and far civilizations such as mesopotamia and africa. I am sure marijuana was as widely known about in those days. heavy destruction and lost remains almost prevented people of this century to ever even know about these ancient civilizations.

however it would be interesting to know if it did originate in a place located as high up such as chu valley, since it is definitely possible...to spread with wind etc would be explainable..from the highlands to the low lands..although it would be hard to explain how it crossed the great himalayas, and also how to spread north towards russia etc.

would love to see a more comprehensive documentary on the place, but right now i hear that chu valley is not as active as before. true??

also, the expert in the clip had very little fact to back up his theory. interesting though. chu valley is very beautiful. a litle barren. but pristine and beautiful.

all it takes is one seed to start a jungle.

boom....shanti

hi i hear what your saying you have good views here is one way to explain how the seeds could of reached the over the himalayas

Bar-headed Goose and the migration here is a little info i found on them

The species has been reported as migrating south from Tibet, Kazakhstan, Mongolia and Russia before crossing the Himalaya,The Bar-headed Goose is thought to be one of the world's highest flying birds, having been heard flying across Mount Makalu (the fifth highest mountain on earth at 8,481 metres (27,825 ft)) and apparently seen over Mount Everest (8,848 metres (29,029 ft), although this is a second hand report with no verification)

who know s what other migrating birbs was passing many years ago and picked up a few seeds along the way either by eating them or carried in the mud on there feet and feathers i know this could of happened the other way round bring the seeds back with them coming up with the anwer where did the plant origanated from may well be impossible but im going to check out the expert in the clip to see if i can find out any info on why he thinks it came from that mountin range

peace