SOUTH INDIA - KERALA - THE INDIA EXPEDITION WAS INCOMPLETE WITHOUT HUNTING IN SOUTH INDIA

After viewing the india expedition. I noticed that only the land races of the himachal hills were covered. mainly parvati (malana) valley and kulu valley. Although, we, (ofcourse living our entire lives just a bus ride and trek from these places) have seen these strains and more, and have rubbed our own charas for years since we were in school. We have seen these places grow, change (for both good and bad), and even become famous. We are happy to see the marijuana world ebracing charas land :P.

However, after travelling within my own country, and surprisingly after travelIing the world, I came to realise and learn, that INDIA, as a land, has so many varieties of marijuana from the north to the south, and infact has plantations, and although lesser in abundance, some plantations in the southern part of india have said to have been as dense and abundant as the northern counterpart in the distant past, however not today. I feel it was a big loss for the strain hunters to not travel down south, to the NILGIRI HILLS, and ofcourse to PALAKKAD (IDUKKI DISTRICT) IN KERALA,..which might not have plantations of the same size as malana, but has equally famous, unparallelled beauty, cultural, spiritual and most importantly, floral heritage, and is actually HOME to one of the oldest and strongest sativas in the world ever known. KERALA strains (the most famous being KERALA GOLD) have been crossed with a number of strains to create powerful old and new world genetics.

Knowing that the king of cannabis is a sativa connoissuer, i can only but wonder, why the expedition did not go on to cover south india, not only to get a first hand glimpse of the famous and super potent fruity, spicy, cheesy south indian land races, but to also see how two very extremely different sets (with probably hundreds of subsets) of land races..grow in the same country, (north indian and south indian) however in two totally different regions, almost like two different countries itself. I think it would be interesting. Almost like exploring a small continent. (very similar to how you have morocco, and malawi, in the same continent, however with totally different climatic, geographic, and topographic conditions.)

THUS, MY SUGGESTION TO YOU IS TO PLEASE VISIT SOUTH INDIA AS WELL,.WHERE YOU WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE INDIA EXPEDITION. WITHOUT VISITING KERALA AND SEEING THE NATURAL LANDRACES GROWING THERE, YOU WILL BE UNAWARE OF HOW VAST THE VARIETY OF NATURAL, BEAUTIFUL, 1ST HAND, POWERFUL MARIJUANA REALLY IS..IN INDIA. NO DOUBT YOU HAVE SEEN SOME OF THE BEST IN INDIA. AND THE WORLD.BUT AS A PERSON WHO HAS BEEN PERSONALLY, TO THE PLACES IN INDIA YOU TRAVELLED TO, I REQUEST YOU, TO PLEASE VISIT SOUTH INDIA AS WELL, SEE FOR YOURSELF, FOR YOU WILL HAVE COVERED THE VARIETIES OF MARIJUANA GROWING IN INDIA NATURALLY. THE SOUTH INDIAN STRAINS (MOSTLY SATIVAS, BUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING)--- ESPECIALLY KERALA GOLD.. HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED NUMBER 1 IN INDIA FOR MILLIONS OF SMOKERS FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS, AND MANY OF THEM HAVE DEFINITELY PROVEN TO BE STRONGER THAN THE STRONGEST NEW AGE SATIVAS I HAVE SMOKED, (HAWAIIAN SNOW, ARJANS HAZE, MALAWI GOLD. ETC ETC ETC) APART FROM SATIVAS IT HAS OTHER LANDRACES AND A NUMBER OF INDICAS FLOURISHING TOO. AND YOU WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

The areas in south india(kerala and tamil nadu) known for marijuana are, Attappady forests, the core area of Nilgiri Biosphere. Galazi, ganja is cultivated in slightly over 30 acres. it is found growing in Melethudukki (25 acres) and Thaze Thudukki (8 to 9 acres) also. Other areas where ganja plantations are found include Upper Bhavani (20 to 25 acres), Bison Valley (30 to 35 acres), Bhutar Mele Bhutar (20 acres), Edavani (10 acres), Melemuli (10acres), Anavai (6 acres), Melle Anavai (12 to 14 acres), Chindaki (15 acres), Maleswara Muddi Slope (10 acres), Amanthana Muddi (20 acres), Velankari Western (15 acres), Kurukan Kalu (5 to 6 acres) and Abanoor (10 to 15acres). as known roughly 22 months ago. IN TOTAL, INCLUDING UNNOTED AREAS, ABOUT 300 + ACRES OF DENSE NILGIRI FOREST LAND HAS EITHER NATURAL FIELDS WHICH HAVE BEEN CULTIVATED AND PROTECTED AND ALTERED AS DESIRED, OR HAVE BEEN ORIGINALLY DENSE FOREST AREA, CLEARED OUT AND CREATED FROM SCRATCH BY PLANTING CERTAIN LANDRACES. WHICH ARE MORE OR LESS COMPLETELY MAN MADE. THEY CONTAIN ONLY NATURAL LANDRACES FOUND IN THE SOUTH INDIAN LAND.

NONE OF THESE MENTIONED PLACES ARE EASILY LOCATED ON A MAP, EXCEPT FOR THE VERY STATES OF KERALA, TAMIL NADU, AND THE DISTRICTS OR FOREST LANDS UNDER WHICH THESE SMALL AREAS FALL UNDER(palakkad, rajakkad, silent valley, nilgiri area - COMING UNDER KERALA AND A LITTLE BIT OF TAMIL NADU..COVERING BORDER AREA FOREST LAND OF THESE TWO STATES). ALSO, THEY HAVE BEEN CONSTANTLY SUBJECTED TO RAIDS AND DESTRUCTION, (AS WITH EVERY WHERE OVER THE WORLD) AND HAVE BECOME INCREASINGLY UNSAFE FOR PEOPLE TO VISIT, DUE TO THE INCREASINGLY SUSPICIOUS AND HOSTILE NATURE OF THE TRIBALS LIVING IN THE REMOTE AREAS, SOME OF WHOM HAVE NOT SEEN OUTSIDERS THEIR ENTIRE LIFE. TRAVELLING TO HIMACHAL, MALANA VALLEY, KULLU VALLEY ETC..AND CHARAS HUNTING, WOULD BE CONSIDERED A PLEASANT, BREEZY EXPERIENCE (NOT THAT IT ISNT..EVEN WITH ALL THE NO TOUCHING, NO ENTERING, NO SHARING SAFI..BLA BLA.. HAHA xD) COMPARED TO STRAIN HUNTING IN SOUTH INDIA, WHERE PEOPLE, EVEN LOCALS, BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE CERTAIN STRAINS TILL NOW, WHICH THE TRIBALS FOR CENTURIES HAVE STRICTLY NEVER ALLOWED TO BE TOUCHED OR SEEN BY OUTSIDERS, LET ALONE SMELT OR SMOKED.

THE SCALE OF PRODUCTION AND INDUSTRY IN SOUTH INDIA MIGHT NEVER COME IN THE SAME BRACKET AS THE VALLEYS IN HIMACHAL DUE TO THE CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS. THEY HAVE MORE PROBLEMS. IN 2005 THE MARIJUANA INDUSTRY IN THESE FEW VILLAGES ALONE FROM SOUTH INDIA WAS REPORTED TO BE A RS 2,000 CRORE INDUSTRY ($400 MILLION). NOT THAT BIG. BUT CONSIDERING EVERYTHING, STILL BIG.

HOWEVER THE QUALITY AND POTENCY OF NATURAL LANDRACES OF BOTH THESE REGIONS IS 100% EQUAL. IF NOT 1,000 %.

THIS IS THE ONLY SUGGESTION I CAN GIVE FOR A FRUITFUL, AND A GUARANTEED INTERESTING EXPEDITION, WHICH WILL DEFINITELY BE IMPORTANT FOR THE MARIJUANA WORLD. AS THE TWO MOST BLESSED REGIONS OF THE WORLD, (FROM THE SAME COUNTRY) WITH THEIR NATURAL STRAINS THAT HAVE FOUND THEIR WAY TO EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY OF THE GLOBE, WOULD HAVE BEEN COVERED BY THE STRAIN HUNTERS. MUCH WOULD HAVE BEEN EXPLORED. ATLEAST THE ORIGINS OF A DEFINITELY MUCH RESPECTED, AND EVER PRESENT SET OF LANDRACES WOULD BE EXPLORED, BY GOING TO SOUTH INDIA. I AM SURE, THEN, A LITTLE BIT OF THE COMPLETE INDIA (NORTH, HIMACHAL, AND EXTREME MOUNTAINOUS KASHMIRI KUSH AREA AND SOUTHERN - KERALA & TAMIL) WOULD BE VISIBLE IN MANY MANY MANY STRAINS AROUND THE WORLD, WHOS PARENTS OR ORIGINALS ARE SUPPOSEDLY ''UNKNOWN''..OR ''UNKNOWN, FORGOTTEN, OLD WORLD GENETICS''..A COUNTRY WITH SUCH A DIVERSE NATURAL RESERVOIR OF AGE OLD SUPER QUALITY MARIJUANA, AS YOU KNOW FIRST HAND AFTER VISITING, MUST DEFINITELY BE FULLY, AND PROPERLY EXPLORED. AND WILL DEFINITELY SERVE TO EXPLAIN MUCH HISTORY OF THE PLANT ITSELF, AS WE KNOW IT TODAY.

CHARAS LAND IS ONLY ONE HALF OF THE INDIA EXPEDITION. YOU FORGOT ABOUT GANJA LAND. AN EQUALLY OLD PLAYER IN THE MARIJUANA WORLD.

DURING THE DAYS OF BRITISH RULE, MANY GENERATIONS OF SOUTH INDIANS IMMIGRATED TO THE WEST INDIES AND PARTS OF AFRICA (KENYA, ZIMBABWE AND OTHER BRITISH COLONIES) AND CARRIED GANJA SEEDS, MUCH SIMILAR TO HOW IN THE NORTH THE PAKISTANI AND INDIAN KASHMIRI PEOPLE CARRIED SEEDS TO AFGHANISTAN MOROCCO ETC. AND THE PAKISTANI STRAINS ARE GROWING IN MOROCCO AS SHOWN IN YOUR EXPEDITION TO MOROCCO.

NOT ONLY DID THE SOUTH INDIANS THEY CARRY THEIR FAVORITE SATIVA AND INDICA SEEDS WITH THEM TO THE WINDIES AND THE WORLD, BUT THEY BROUGHT ALONG THE VERY NAME. GANJA. YOU WILL FIND POVERTY STRUCK VILLAGERS AND TRIBALS FROM REMOTE AREAS IN THESE JUNGLES IN KERALA AND TAMIL NADU WHO HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE WEST INDIES, JAMAICA OR THE CARRIBEAN, WHO WILL NOT KNOW ENGLISH OR EVEN THEIR OWN NATIONAL LANGUAGE, SOME WHO HAVE NEVER MET ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THEIR VILLAGE OR REGION, LET ALONE FOREIGNERS. BUT THEY WILL DEFINITELY KNOW WHAT GANJA IS. THE VERY WORD GANJA ITSELF IS NATIVE TO INDIA. SLANG NATIVE TO THOUSANDS OF AGE OLD SANSKRIT BASED DIALECTS OF THESE SOUTHERN AND MIDDLE PENINSULAR REGIONS, SLANG THEY SPREAD TO THE WORLD, KNOWINGLY OR UNKNOWINGLY, WITH TIME AND TRAVEL. BELIEVE.

INFACT, DURING COLONIAL TIMES IN INDIA, THE BRITISH IMPORTED MUCH OF THIS GANJA BACK HOME FROM SOUTH INDIA. AS SOUTH INDIA WAS COMPARITAVELY A LARGER HUB FOR THE BRITISH AS FAR AS TRADE, IMPORT AND EXPORT WERE CONCERNED, IT BEING THE LAND OF SPICES AND HERBS, NUTMEGS AND CLOVES, TEAS, COFFEES, CRAZY CREATURES AND PEOPLE, (A FEW MAGIC MUSHROOMS AS WELL ;-)), ITS PROXIMITY TO THE COAST AND THE PRESENCE OF PORTS WELL KNOWN BY MANY PARTS OF THE WORLD WHICH HAD ALREADY BEEN FULLY IN ACTION FOR CENTURIES BEFORE COLONIZATION, AND ACCESSIBLE BOTH FROM THE WEST AND THE EAST, ITS HIGH ALTITUDE PLATEAU CLIMATE, AND OTHER MERCHANTS TRAVELLING INTERESTED IN TRADE. ONCE COLONIAL PROGRESSIONS WERE MADE. FLOURISHING TRADE AND TRAVEL IN THE NORTH OF THE SUBCONTINENT (ORIGINAL ANCIENT NORTHERN TRADE ROUTES SUCH AS THE SILK ROUTE THROUGH PERSIA, INDUS, AND CHINA REGIONS), BECAME SEVERELY RESTRICTED.

THE GANJA SEEDS CARRIED TO THE WINDIES AND SPREAD TO OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD WERE MOSTLY FROM THE KERALA AND TAMIL NADU - NILGIRI REGION OF INDIA. THE MOST PROMINENT BEING THE POTENT KERALA SATIVA STRAINS (ESPECIALLY KERALA/IDUKKI GOLD) AND CHEESY PUNGENT TAMIL NADU STRAINS.

MAYBE SOUTH INDIA WAS NOT COVERABLE? THAT WOULD BE UNDERSTANDABLE, AS THESE AREAS HAVE BEEN UNDER TURMOIL FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS. DUE TO REGIONALISM, POLITICS, AND HAVE SEEN THEIR SHARE OF EXTREME VIOLENCE, DANGER, AND STEEP DROPS IN TOURISM AS WELL. HOWEVER THESE PEOPLE ARE KNOWN TO BE WELCOMING TO FOREIGNERS AND NO-NONSENSE PEOPLE, OR PEOPLE THEY CONSIDER HARMLESS TOURISTS. NOT SO WELCOMING TOWARDS MANY INDIANS. THEY GROW INCREASINGLY SUSPICIOUS OF FELLOW INDIANS, DUE TO THE PRESENT WAR ON MARIJUANA.

BUT WITH THE SKILLS, EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD OF STRAIN HUNTING, AND KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU GUYS HAVE, IT WOULD PROBABLY BE POSSIBLE, AND I HOPE, THAT SOON YOU WILL FIND YOURSELVES AMONGST THE BEAUTIFUL TROPICAL, ALMOST COASTAL, YET CHILLY HILLY DIVERSE JUNGLES OF SOUTH INDIA, WITH BEAUTIFUL WILDLIFE, AND BEAUTIFUL, SUPERB, CONNOISSEUR QUALITY OF NATURAL MARIJUANA. HOPEFULLY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIND SEEDS THAT NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO OBTAIN TILL NOW ON SUCH A PLATFORM, WITH A GOOD GUIDE, EXPERT AND FRIEND, WHICH IS VERY HARD TO FIND IN SOUTH INDIA, (MAKING IT EVEN MORE INTERESTING) AND WHO CAN SHOW YOU THE KEYS PLACES AND KEY PLAYERS OFCOURSE, HOPEFULLY EXPERIENCING THE SAME JOURNEY YOU EXPERIENCED IN THE PARVATI AND KULLU VILLAGES, BEFORE THESE SOUTH INDIAN RESERVOIRS ARE WIPED OUT OR CHOPPED DOWN. HOPEFULLY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THE ORIGINAL STRAINS OF SOUTH INDIA, AND NOTICE THEIR PRESENCE IN SOME OF THE STRAINS YOU HAVE SEEN AROUND THE WORLD?

MY ONLY REGRET IS THE INABILITY TO PROVIDE YOU WITH MORE HELPFUL PRESENT DAY INFORMATION, IF YOU EVER DID DECIDE TO EXPLORE THIS REGION OF THE MOTHERLAND FOR A DOCUMENTARY. I HOPE YOU ARE ABLE TO CONTACT AND MEET SOMEONE ONE DAY WHO WILL BE QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED ENOUGH TO TAKE YOU ON THIS JOURNEY THROUGH SOUTH INDIA AND WILL SHOW YOU THE MANY LANDRACES GROWING DOWN SOUTH, HOPEFULLY EVEN FIND THE ORIGINAL IDUKKI GOLD LAND RACE & PHENOS. (SOMETHING DIFF. FROM WHAT SEEDBANKS HAVE TODAY. SPECIFICALLY THE KERALA GOLD AVAILABLE IN SEEDBANKS? MAYBE FIND OLDER AND BETTER GENETICS? )

MAYBE WE COULD FIND OUT SOMETHING ABOUT THE HISTORY OF MAN, TRAVEL, AND CULTIVATION OF THE BROAD FAMILY THAT MARIJUANA HAS, AND IS A PART OF. AND HOW THE MARIJUANA PLANT HAS SPREAD NOT ONLY THANKS TO WIND AND NATURAL CAUSES, BUT AGE OLD TRAVELLING, PAST EXPEDITIONS, MAYBE EVEN FORGOTTEN STRAIN HUNTERS?? THINGS THAT ARE NOW PICKING UP AGAIN IN THIS DAY, WITH TODAY'S PEOPLE NOT KNOWING IF IT HAS EVER HAPPENED BEFORE?I FEEL THAT THIS WOULD ADD MANY INTERESTING DIMENSIONS TO FUTURE HUNTS FOR MARIJUANA STRAINS.

I DONT KNOW IF THESE IDEAS SOUND PRACTICAL, SENSIBLE TO YOU. I AM SURE THESE QUERIES HAVE NOT ONLY CROSSED YOUR MIND A MILLION TIMES, ESPECIALLY AFTER SEEING THE MANY PLACES IN THE WORLD YOU HAVE SEEN DOING WHAT YOU GUYS DO BEST :-) BUT THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ASKED THESE QUESTIONS. I AM JUST CURIOUS. THEY SOUND INTERESTING TO ME. 24/7

THANK YOU FOR OPENING THIS FORUM, AND CARRYING OUT YOUR EXPEDITIONS, WE HAVE TO HIDE AND DO THESE THINGS. WE RESPECT YOU FOR TAKING THESE GIANT STEPS.

THE DIFFERENCE IN ABILITY, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE BETWEEN US (NOT TO MENTION THE MONEY X-D), TO GO ABOUT MAKING THESE DECISIONS.... IS WHAT MAKES YOU AN ORIGINAL STRAIN HUNTER, AND MAKES ME JUST A FAN.(but a budding strain hunter). I ALSO APOLOGIZE FOR THE BAD QUALITY AND OUTDATED PICS. THEY WERE SALVAGED FROM OLD ARTICLES AND GALLERIES AS THE ONY PICTURES I HAD OF SOME OF THESE AMAZING AREAS, WERE LOST YEARS AGO... ALONG WITH MY LAPTOP. X-D

MUCH RESPECT. STAY SAFE.

WE ARE WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.

BOOM... SHANTI

Attached files 1229854393132_up rooted-3_t.jpg KERALA - ATTAPPADY_0_0.jpg kerala_ganja_nursery_20050926.jpg m59.jpg spec-ganja-200.jpg Untitled2.png venu_field.jpg
  • Like 2

thanks :-) i am sure they know more than me about the ganja down south X-D...wouldve probably been there. wouldnt be surprised. yes i'm sure money, time, and networking is not easy. especially if it isnt easy for people living right there..lol.. I definitely hope it happens sometime. seeing the documentary in india, in malana and kullu etc. seeing the same villagers i know, chowki, some of the fields i myself walked in years ago. made me unbelievably happy. absolutely amazing what you guys are doing. if i ever am too far from there to really visit those beautiful places, i can always watch strain hunters expidition in himachal and boom a nice chi :-). i hope franco or any other experienced strain expert don't get pissed when he see my long boring post about south india. haha. it is as beautiful and vast as himachal. would be lovely to see it in a few years on strainhunters.i am just a fan. big ups to you guys. peace

hey thanks :-). i wish i had my own pics though. last i visited two villages in 2008 with great difficulty. the info of areas in kerala is also from that time. also there are many other areas close that i am unaware of. only the areas i was sure about and have smoked i wrote. so it is very old info i feel. some very nice places. some small fields i saw were similar to jamaica pictures i see in live thread. but no tyres. i do not think i will try to see these places again. very risky for me. scene is no good now. almost makes me sad.

all it takes is one seed to start a jungle.

boom...shanti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NONbel3iyWI

yeah the reporter in this clip basically says that this field(no size mentioned) was abandoned by tribals months before this raid. which was pretty recent. just two and a half months ago. and in the raid they found three old trees like that between 26 - 35 ft tall(definitely an exaggeration according to me...these news guys talk some shit at times..must be about 20 - 25 ft..MAX.....which is still some pretty jurassic park type insane sick stuff xD XD...tribals climbing trees n toking xD XD....O_O...) in the heart of this destroyed and messy field...everything including these giant mofo mama/papa trees stripped of any proper crop and even foliage and abandoned dry by tribals....months before raid.,.with their makeshift ladders and everything lying there....the area is not mentioned other than the district of idukki :D...and he say it is said to be very old field kept hidden...but tribals learnt that locals and police found out so they abandoned it months before...the only plants growing there by the time the raid was conducted were only left over jungly plants.then reporter say that police say they will search for the tribals.

all it takes is one seed to start a jungle.

boom...shanti

• 11 months later...

Awesome post, malanavillager. While we have some amazing hybrids in the US, the stuff in India is amazing. I've sampled the good stuff in Kerala, but its hard to come by. Been to Idukki and Munnar and also Himachal and Kashmir. Sure beats most of the varities in Southeast Asia.

Thanks again for the very informative post. Will be on a search when I'm in Kerala again.

fjPUNh.jpg

MdDb3h.jpg

imTkCh.jpg

sTJF7h.jpg

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Yes, that is a destination! My best wishes to Malanavillages. Boom Shankar!

Kerala produces one of the best Sativas in the world. Very upup and psychedicl! Arjan would love it. And it is very difficult to find in Europe. A small and scattered but wortyh destination very rich in culture with friendl and trustworthy people.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The south has some good sativas. nowadays its very difficult to get good ganja in and around the coimbatore area, which is around the vicinity of the most places in tamil nadu.

it was always like that that: pressure here, people move... a whole circus, that is our life, in my too.... :biggrin:

I bet Arjan has been to Kerala already long time ago. Without the freaky great Kerala Sativa there were no White Widow (or any white family) neither the Silver and Lemon Haze.

Just today I read in a brochure from another seed company (Royal Queens Seed), that the White Widow was not only a cross between South Indian = read Kerala and that Brasilian Landrace ; but that it was actually bred over years in Kerala before it was taken to holland, where the new top strain was multiplicated and each seed company made their own little version of it. Arjan was also in Nepal and found the Himalya Gold and all over south asia for his Hazes.

Still I am also hoping to see the hills of Kerala and all the great plants in one of the next strain hunters episodes.

My personal faves would be Brasil next year for the Manga Rosa, maybe with a mexican adventure, so many top weed coming from Mexico. Then Kerala and one day Kahsmir. Not so sure about further strain hunting adventures - anything in the planning ? I know you won't tell.lol

Get that Jamaica Expedition ready and the Strainhunter Seed Bank.. Man these guys are busy with all these coffeeshops, seedbanks and exppos. Stoned all The way..LOL

May the power be with you..

• Like 1

I bet Arjan has been to Kerala already long time ago. Without the freaky great Kerala Sativa there were no White Widow (or any white family) neither the Silver and Lemon Haze.

Yes, a bit. But I doubt that WW has a great kerala content, much more Indica in it than people admit. The point is, that many people have some problems in the beginning with kerala weed, because it is not a mellow relaxing smoke. It can be very overwhelming and sometimes a bit paranoid - brainfrying. Much more than Thai i.e. Thai is much more pleasant for my taste

Checked the source again. It was a Indica plant bred + selected in the hills of Kerala that was the one ingredient used for the White Widow. Once the plant was perrfect someone brought it to holland, where someone else crossed it with that brasilian land-race. Not a Kerala landrace vs brasilia land race. But still enough of Kerala magic innit. and the high of the white widow is racy like a turnaround if you got a potent strain..lol

Checked the source again. It was a Indica plant bred + selected in the hills of Kerala that was the one ingredient used for the White Widow. Once the plant was perrfect someone brought it to holland, where someone else crossed it with that brasilian land-race.

And where is the indica/afganica influence in WW???

Well, I don't trust the sativa hype in commercial strains at all my friend. Ok, there are some like GH SLH etc and kali Mist you can call sativa but most are more or less 50% indicas or more wirh some sativa spice. I am also pretty sure that the most famous commercial strains as Superskung, WW etc were geentically modified with colchicin.

Easy bro ! We can guess what we want but fact is the original Skunk was already bred in jamaica as early as 87 and that is a mix of mainly sativas. colombian, mexican, panama mixed with afghani to bring down the flowering time, shorter plants, 3 to 4 continual harvest vs the usual one year harvest that the old Rasta weeds delivered with their 6 to 9 month from seed and allowing one big harvest from nid october to mid february.. After that success there came more crossings with Northern Lights and the white widow being the most successful. I am not saying every weed sold as WW is actually a product of Kerala weed & the Manga Rosa from Brasil. But that certain motherplant was used for a lot of crosses. The Kerala Indica mainly for the creation of the original white widow. Since then it is mainly clones F2 f3 etc. nd attempts to recreate the plant.

You should actually check how the whole breeding is done in the netherlands and nowadays often in spain. Each seedbank relies on it's genetic treasures in form of motherplants and fathers or pollen from classics. The hunt for fresh genetics goes on and if you smoke the Green House white widow you will know immediately where the Sativa is.

yHybrids bring out another high from a landrace, like a tomatoe from a glass house has not the same taste of one grown in soil in italy, spain or mexico.

If you want a WWW with a more afghan innit you get the Black Domina or the white whino, which has indeed hardly any Sativa in the high. The WW has that crazy spacy high, if you got the right pheno. But of course it is no Haze !

Easy bro ! We can guess what we want but fact is the original Skunk was already bred in jamaica as early as 87

I believed in these stories as you obviously do right now but it is not so. Superskunk and others were fabricated by using colchicine to develop this crazy hammer on the head unwholesome stone. It is no guess but a testimony by an old dutch grower I know personally and who was involved in that shite and who regrets it.

To me personally "Skunk" and other unwholesome "degenerations" of the cannabis experience were responsible for many bad sidefeects of cannabis I persomnally witnessed in many people and that found their ways in the media. Many of these "skuinkheads" do not feel a lot when they smoke real weed like Santamaria or else, they NEED that devastating experience....

So it is very good that men like Arjan are going back to original landraces and develop real weed again.

and I was talking about Green House white widow which states Brasilian / south indian .Regarding Skunk .there are so many different breeders around and to cross a bunch of middle american Sativas with an afghani will bring out a strong Hybrid with a different effect even without adding whatever artificial boosters -

I don't even know what cochigin is - I do have mixed feelings about the new super heavy High grades, too. I cannot smoke some strains and feel good later on, but there are some I like and the White widow is among them. Skunk not so much - Too smelly and too strong for me.. I like Hash and the nice high I get from a good landrace. It is always best to smoke the local weed / landraces in their country of origin. Imports are always different. what works in jamaica can be a problem in eirope etc.

But hey it is what it is and we can grow good weed at home now, which was problematic for decades.

Plus Green House has a laboratory to check for unwanted ingredients; so i feel i can trust their genetics.

artificial boosters -

I don't even know what cochigin is - I do have mixed feelings about the new super heavy High grades, too.

Colchicine is a mutagenic substance derived from Colchicum autumnale, also known as "meadow saffron".

Colchicine inhibits microtubule polymerization by binding to tubulin, one of the main constituents of microtubules. Availability of tubulin is essential to mitosis, and therefore colchicine effectively functions as a "mitotic poison" or spindle poison.[12]

The mitosis inhibiting function of colchicine has been of great use in the study of cellular genetics. To see the chromosomes of a cell under a light microscope, it is important that they be viewed near the point in the cell cycle in which they are most dense. This occurs near the middle of mitosis, so mitosis must be stopped before it completes. Adding colchicine to a culture during mitosis is part of the standard procedure for doing karyotype studies.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchicine

Colchicine is the big mr. unknown behind a lot of the Dutch skunk etc. hype of the late 80s. It simply changes the genetics of plants and boost certain aspects. At that time weed was totally out for me, because it was way to devasting strong and not good for many people. I saw many people even collapsing from smoking it. I am not talking about adulterants here but about genetic mutations, so there is no colchicine or other dreck in the plants but they are mutants.

About WW: I don't know the variety from GHS only the early 90s variety and that was definitely genetically engineered - a hammer like a hard drug even. All these modified strains create stress I don't like.

I avoid anything that has skunk or NL in it these days and stick to fine landraces or strains based on them like santa Maria, Chitral, some haze.

I see your point and hear exactly the same from many long time smokers. the effect is often just too damn strong. impossible to just get a light buzz like back in the days with a sticky. Strains I can reocmmend from green house are Himalayah Gold and the Auto Bomb - mild long lasting stoned with a nice social vibe. The white widow is strong and suoer heavy but the balance keeps the intense High pleasant. no paranoia or uneasy feelings it is like a ride in a turnaround - it is fun even when creating a bit of 'stress'. the Indica balances that out and I usually just sleep it out . I would not smoke that in the daytime too much, maybe on the weekend..

Jack Herer is a lot like the WW but it lasts longer , so that might not be for everybody - more Skunk iit but the red skunk not the No 1 and a pure Haze crossed

Skunk is a no no for me, too. not a fan of NL either.

• Like 1