Toaor - Ice Dream - 14/11/2011

toaor

Hey Guys & Girls,

Welcome to another of my journals "Officially" testing the Ice Dreams sent to me courtesy of the great guys at Greenhouse.

As well as the "Official" test seeds I'm also growing some other Greenhouse strains Ipurchased myself, the Big Bang Autos and the White Widow, just left over seeds from previous grow so thought I'd put them in and have a few different strains to smoke at the end.

Plus they'll all be maturing at slightly different times, Big Bangs around 8/9 from germination, Ice Dream, White Widow and White Rhino x Skunk will be photoperiod and take 8-10 weeks of flowering, which will make them about a month behind autos.

Put them all in an overnight soak of plain tap water and tonight they will be planted up in Root Riot germination cubes, then it's donw to mother nature.

Hope you enjoy the journal.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Attached files IMAG1699.jpg

Day 1:

Well day 1 for 2 x Big Bang Autos and 1 x Ice Dream, that have just popped the surface, they will now go under the 15watt, 225 Red/Blue LED panel with the three leaf clone mother in loft 24/7 until my other Big Bang Autos are finished probably another week or two

That's about it for now none of the others have popped so am waiting on another 6, which you can see in Root Riot germination cubes inside sandwich bags.

Best wishes, Toaor

Attached files IMAG1767.jpg IMAG1768.jpg IMAG1769.jpg IMAG1770.jpg IMAG1773.jpg

Day 7:

Hi Guys & Girls,

Just been to check on seedlings as I haven't been up in loft the last couple of days and although they are doing fine they are stretching a lot under the little 225 LED panel, need to crop my Big Bang Autos and get them under the big panels.

One of them has remained tiny (middle pot) doesn't seem to have grown at all.

Here's some pics.

Toaor

Attached files IMAG1807_2.jpg IMAG1808.jpg IMAG1809.jpg

Day 9:

Hi Guys & Girls,

Repotted the seedlings today they needed it as they were stretching a it under small LED panel but lost one of the Big Bang Autos, somehow the tap root got broken off so it got stunted, then when I repotted I dropped the damn thing and it seperated from root completely.

So have ended up with 3 x Ice Dream and 2 x Big Bang Auto, I'm going to try go buy some more seeds today or tomorrow as I want 9 plants in my tent this time round, the 3 x Ice Dreams plus 6 whatever autos I can get hold of.

I've also put the mother plant three leaf clone into an Air Pot too so she can grow a little bigger and bushier.

That's it for now,

Toaor

Attached files IMAG1838_0.jpg IMAG1839_0.jpg IMAG1840.jpg IMAG1841.jpg

Hey Misterhaze,

I do have a 125 watt blue CFL for vegging, which I've just put above the seedlings and mother plant on 18hrs, then when ready to switch to flower I will use 120 watt LED panels for the rest of process.

I have grown from start to finish with just LED panels in past but bought vegging light because the panels are mainly red with only a few blue bulbs.

I keep mine about 2" above plant tops and even when the plants touch the panel they do not burn or have any detrimental effect at all.

You won't get much coverage with 90 watt UFO probably 3/4 plants max probably better over 2/3.

There are now second generation LED panels that have 3 watt bulbs mine are 1 watt, look for Penetrator X or these guys http://www.proledsystems.com/led-grow-lights.html

Hope that helps,

Toaor

Day 10:

Just a quick update and some pics under blue 125w CFL instead of the normal pink LEDs.

Temperatures have shot up a few degrees but as they're vegging they'll be fine and it's only for another week till Big Bang Autos finish because I have one 120w LED panel plus 125w CFL, they've already grown a fair bit in last 24 hrs now they have the correct vegging light..

All the best,

Toaor

Attached files IMAG1842.jpg IMAG1843.jpg IMAG1844.jpg

Day 14:

Hi Guys & Girls,

Changed the CO2 mix today so now there are four bottles around the pots dropping CO2 down onto them.

I've had to redo some seeds and so far the one Big Bang Auto is up and sprouting in the Root Riot cubes as is one of the White Rhino x Skunk's, the other three seeds done nothing, again.

Last picture is my three leaf mother clone of a White Rhino x Skunk, she'#s doing really well now she's reverted from flower to veg, don't know whther to grow her big and set to flower or grow her to take lots of cuttings.

Plenty of time to decide.

Toaor

Attached files IMAG1868.jpg IMAG1869.jpg IMAG1870.jpg IMAG1871.jpg IMAG1872.jpg IMAG1873_0.jpg

Day 27:

Hi Guys & Girls,

The latest report is "All Doing Good".

I purchased some Royal Haze Auto from Royal Queen seeds to replace the White Rhinos that didn't work out, I still have one little seedling but wanted three so needed something else to fill tent to max with nine plants, I will keep the White Rhino vegging while these do there thing.

One of the Royal Hazes has popped the surface and the other two have popped their shells.

There's also a pic of the Three Leaf Mother Clone whose growing very well now lots of new shoots for me to take cuttings again just going to keep her vegging for this grow to finish and then either use clones from her or maybe put her to flower, she'd fill my space now with a bit of LST and TLC.

Here's the pics,

Toaor

Attached files IMAG1877.jpg IMAG1878.jpg IMAG1880_1.jpg IMAG1881.jpg IMAG1892_1.jpg IMAG1893.jpg

Day 23:

Hi Guys & Girls,

Yet another update, I now have 9 plants in tent 3 x Ice Dream, 3 x Big Bang Auto and 3 x Royal Haze Auto.

The Ice Dreams are 23 days old now as are two of the Big Bang's, one Big Bang is a week behind and the Royal Haze Autos are just two days old so they'll all end up finishing a couple of weeks apart.

Ice Dreams 10wks flowering, Big Bang Auto supposed to be 6 weeks from seed but my last lot took 10 to be fully ready and the Royal Haze Autos are supposed to take 10 weeks from seed so in theory Ice Dreams and Royal Haze Auto should be ready more or less together with Big Bangs maybe a week or two before, we'll see.

They're all currently under 125 blue CFL on 18hrs, average temp around 26c with humidity around 50-60%, have given them no nutrients as yet because Kilomix is supposed to have evrything they need for first six weeks, then I'll start feeding Canna Terra Flores, Rhizotonic and Bloombastic.

That's it for today, best wishes one and all.

Toaor

Attached files IMAG1908.jpg IMAG1910.jpg IMAG1912.jpg IMAG1913.jpg IMAG1914_0.jpg IMAG1915.jpg IMAG1916_1.jpg IMAG1917.jpg IMAG1918_1.jpg

Dust: Yeah I'm quite interested to see how the auto haze works out, according to their website:

Royal Queen Seeds offers you the Haze concept in autoflowering. The flavor is really Haze, with the incense touch. Only an expert can know that the final product come from an autoflowering strain

Day 28:

Hey Guys & Girls, time for another update.

All seems healthy, nice lush green leaves on all plants just a shame they're slightly staggered in their ages, Ice Dreams are 28 days, as are two of the Big Bang Autos.

One of the Big Bangs is a week younger and the three Haze Autos are two weeks younger.

First three pics are Ice dream next three are Auto Hazes and last three are Big Bang Autos.

Gave the Ice Dreams first feed of nutes Canna Terra vega and some Rhizotonic, I'm not feeding autos any vegging nutes, as they astart to flower at around 3/4 wks, so will wait for first pairs of pistils then feed flowering nutes, the Kilomix soil should've had enough good ness in it for first six weeks anyway.

The others I'm just feeding Rhizotonic 4ml in 1 liter of water, can be used on soil and sprayed directly on to foliage.

That's it for now, best wishes one and all,

Toaor

PS: The plant you can see in the normal plastic pot is a White Rhino x Skunk#1, that survived the first germination but as there was only one I got the Auto Hazes, so I'm just going to veg her for this grow and FIM like mad so when times comes I can just put straight to flower.

Attached files IMAG1926_0.jpg IMAG1927_0.jpg IMAG1928_1.jpg IMAG1929_0.jpg IMAG1930.jpg IMAG1931.jpg IMAG1932_0.jpg IMAG1933.jpg IMAG1935_0.jpg IMAG1936_0.jpg IMAG1937_0.jpg