HIGH TIMES CANNABIS CUP 2011 - THE LIVE THREAD

franco

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came back yesterday from my three days in Dam:

amazing trip but i wouldnt advise anyone to go there during htcc time without a judge pass, you wont get a seat in the ghsc coffee after 11am and would struggle to get one in barney's or any of the "major" coffee shops, gridding those smaller one is the way to go go with freezing temperature once the sun's down!

I would really recommend "amnesia" that is big enough quiet in between a lot of coffee shop spots and play really nice music (dont go to the picasso! lol)

About the smoke, lets first talk about the best weeds i've tried...

About the non ghsc weeds:

(i wont describe the taste of those that much cause after smoking a coulpe of j your taste buds go crazy in dam and after the third days you dont really taste much, i'll stick with the potency tye of high...)

Grey area-Casey Jones: Very uplifting/social weed with still a body feeling to it , a must try... 8.5/10

Barneys-Blue cheese: More of an hybrid, closer to the indica without being a couch lock, very interesting/particular smell and aroma! 8/10

Barney's (bought at amnesia)-L.S.D: Very strong indica, perfect for night time smokes, we watched some south parks i couldnt stop laughing, one of the best indica i've ever smoke!8.5/10 (For the nycd lover "amnesia" sell's it!)

Bluebird-Amnesia Haze: Uplifting weed, very social not as good as the casey jones as far as being high goes but a very interesting taste, if the casey jones is more hazey this one has a taste of it's own! 7/10

Doors-Morison's Haze: Props to potent for finding it you'll ask him about that one ;-) 7.5/10

Barney's Neville's Haze: great sativa, uplifting pretty classic sativa high.. 8/10

GHSC weed:

Hawaaian snow: Is it because it was their entries this year but god damn is that weed amazing my next grow most definetly and one of the best weed i've ever smoked with the next one i'll desscribe, a very clear uplifting high, we've smoked a few joint's with potetn and tokage when i arrived in dam and i was pretty ko after sleeping 5 hours, when leaving the coffee shop i was pumped like crazy (nothing like drinking a red bull though i was flying in the street of dam haha but literally flying not those red bull wings). This weed taste pretty much like she smells, but boy those aromas are strong and unique, i couldnt see how it doesnt win the cup (liberty haze from barney was tasty but the hawaiaan snow high is only comparable to the next weed i'll speak about) 9.8/10

Panama Haze: Again what a weed, those two weeds are i'll say it again thwo of the best weed i've smoked as a sativa lover! I was sad to see the nycd go from the ghsc menu, but trying out this weed well worth the change, one the most particular smell and taste i've encounter, it really changes from the usuall hydroponic heavy weed smell you get from the coffee shop in amsterdam, got to love green house! 9.8/10

SLH: the problem i had with that weed is that the smell gives you too much expectation and the taste doesnt give you as much lemon as you want! It might be because of the heavy nutrients some of ya spoke about but the weed is clearly potent but i found hte panama haze and hawaaian snow to be tastier... 9.5/10

Arjan ultra haze #1: A very potent sativa with a classical hazy taste (if you ask me some of you might have a better description for the taste lol) 8.5/10

Diamond girl: I was smoking indica at night time so again i will only say that this weed will crush you haha, a very potent indica, not as strong and more classical than the lsd but still a great product (very decent prices too!) 8/10

Hashes:

Green house:

green house ice: I thought i had smoke strong hash untill i smoke that one haha, seriously that stuff is really potent and tasty like all hash at the green house it's worth it's price!

Mexican sativa hash: I had the chance to smoke a lot of different hash eversince i started smoking, from high grade nepali and pakistani hash to moroccan and lebanese but this hash was really different from all of those, and the high follows that same path a one of kind experience!

Manali cream: As a indian/nepalese hash lover this hash speaks to my heart! You can literally smell mango and all kind of different aroma it's mind blowing. I would recommend to put it on the front of your lighter and "burn" it a little bet for more flavor as 'unbuned" the smokes taste rather heavy and i didnt had the full aroma... A really really strong hash, different than the ice type of high but full body high! Beautifull hash!

Non green house:

Barney's caramella cream: It is a good hash but as isaid i've smoked a lot of hash and this is nothing but a very god moroccan to me :-p I would really recommend it to moroccan hash lover as much as i would recomend manali for indian/nepalese hash lover...

The Doors power afghan: great quality price ratio, a good pakistani/afghani hash, not a A+ grade hash but the prices are pretty ridiculous 10euros for 1.8g or something like it!

I've smoked a few other weed like the white dolphin, or hte amnezia lemon haze but really the one i've listed where the best i've tried and i felt like the list was long enough... I hope it might be usefull for anybody going there soon, i'll be back next month...

Again Dam was amazing but get yourself a judge pass if you go there during htcc time, to tokage and potetn if you read this my bad we didnt see each other more, we'll see each other in the chat room as soon as you guys are back!

Thanks to the green house coffe shop for delivering the best weed in the world again!

Peace out!

My pleasure guys let me get more educated about weed (with all of ya in the forum ;-)) and next time i'll get you a proper taste description (i'll smmoke a bit less as well to preserve my taste buds or might stick with a vaporizer).

@Jimmy: Dam is always an amazing time, just regret i couldnt spend more time at the ghsc coffee with all the boys, i'll for sure spend more time there during my next trip i've got a lot to learn still!

Peace out!

So, the Cup is over, and I am at the airport, with Arjan. We are flying to Prague for the Expo.

The Awards ceremony was fun, but it was full of cops in the Melkweg and smoking was not allowed (more than 30 people got kicked out). Even Malcolm, the High Times boss, expressed his rage and disappointment during the opening speech.

There were more judges smoking outside than attending the event inside for most of the night.

Nevertheless, we had a great night.

We won the Hash Import Cup with the legendary Exodus Cream Cheese! Thanks to my friend Zaza' for making this possible.

Can't say more. Babylon is watching us....

Thanks to the High Times crew, they did an outstanding job coping with the harrassment caused by Dutch Police.

And congrats to Derry, well deserved victory.

Next year we'll be there again. With better weed, better service, better presents. We don't stop.

See you LIVE from Prague Expo tomorrow! Thanks to all of you for your support!

?ongratz!!! I am sure that this was a great event ... where smoking good bud =) I have already
been invited to the next event! Rest assured, I will come =) I really want you all to see, and
then from there go to Prague ... the magnificent ?annafest 2012 (sincerely believe that he will,
and this year will be even softer laws =))!!!
P.S. -My first trip (foregion travel). I very happy for chose Cannafest! I love Prague at first
sight - its freedom and beauty! Be sure to come back next year =) I am glad that he met with
you!
You have an amazing product! I took the best mix - Sativa =) Many thanks for theclothes and
drive (GROW-DVD) - it's great!!!
P.S.S. -Can I later upload cool video, where they play reggae cool =) Basically, I'm still going
to do a photo and video report. We'll have to master the skill of working with video =))
P.S.S.S. -My English has improved automatically =) Will definitely attend special courses spoken
English - that would communicate with you easily and relaxed =)