health canada strain hydroponic

sixpiece

dust heath canada isent the strain im pretty sure he means the strain that health canada uses to there medical patients, because health canada only offers one strain of cannabis the strains name is ms 17 here is a little write up from health canadas website about it "The marihuana seeds have been culled from marihuana plant, Cannabis sativa L. 'Indica', cultivated and harvested by Prairie Plant Systems Inc. under a contract with Health Canada. These seeds are the first generation product of the hybridization of MS-17/338 female plants and the MS-17/596 male plant. The MS-17/338 breeding line female plants are used in the preparation of dried marihuana product currently distributed." health canada's offical webpage here is the link for the ful write up on the strain of cannabis that is sold by the canadain government. http://www.hc-sc.gc....emences-eng.php or http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/alt_formats/hecs-sesc/pdf/marihuana/supply-approvis/seeds-information-semences-eng.pdf

• Like 1

health canada is a branch of the canadain government they contract out the licence to produce marijuana for medical use to one company thats called prairie systems limited and this company only produces one strain of marijuana so if you get legal medical marijuana in canada from the government they only have one strain i dont no like what family the plant comes from because prairie systems ltd only puts on the web site that its called ms 17 / 388 but i think its similar to m 39 which i know is a skunk #1 cross.

but in canada doctors are also aloud to issue recommendations for marijuana so your doctor could sign an appliation for a medical marijuana dispensary that is not run by the government and is set up as a non profit organization called the commpassion culb and there is a few others like it they are technically not totally legal and its been a huge issue in the courts because tons of patients are complaining that if you get your weed from the government they only have one strain and its all prepared the same way they send you ground up flower tops is what they call it so patients are refusing to sign for the government medical marijuana licence and just applying to these dispensarys that offer like 40 different strain that alternate weekly hashish eables an oils and extracts. currently theres not much the government can do about it because even doctors have refused to sign the governments medical marijuana applications and only sign the privite club applications

its an issue thats been going on sence 1997 maybe even longer but its gotten alot better some clubs gets busted once a year mine hasent been busted in ten years i go to the bigger on the compassion center but i'd never buy the weed the my government sells its garabage the strain might be good but the way they prepare it is horrible the just grind it al up stems and all an sell it to people all ground up ive heard so many people complain about it. its crazy werid in canada like everyone knows about these marijuana dispensarys and that they are illegal like my club is right on a busy street all last summer there was cops directing trafffic right infrount of the place because of constuction on the street and the cops would like joke around when i was walking out of the place theyed be like whats in the bag cause my club uses brown paperbags like a pharmacy.

the first time i almost shit my self but the cops just started laughing and i just walked away. its werid like they know that they are selling weed illegally but i think because the majority of the community supports what the place is doing the cops just leave it alone and its great like at my club now like most of the patients are elderly or disabled like you see alot of people that would other wise go through the proper channels willing to take the risk for bettter service. and the courts seem to for the most part see it the same way like alot of cases have been thrown out against patients who use these clubs and the clubs sell clones now so members who grow who get busted get full support from the clubs like they have a legal fund set up for members and employees whoget harrast bythe police

• Like 1

no green he is right. No problem with writing put some space in your text even i that don't have eye problem can't read clearly when it's like that sorry.

I'll do it on this one but next one try to put some space ;)

why dont you just not read them if you have a problem with it. this is an internet forum not an english class

that kind of attitude will get you a long way h ere.. keep it up *thumbs up*

BTW: ms 17/338, stands for Marihuana sativa, 17/388 (these numbers stand for something else, strain 17 out of 388 of "tested" strains )

also, M-39 is a NL5 dominate strain, but yes skunk was in the cross, but not dominate. Just a little trivial info ;)

Have a nice day.

• Like 2

the health canada strain is not a skunk as it's not very stinky. skunks tend to have a profuse smell. it's more of a juicy fruit and it is a well beloved strain in Canada often referred to by people as chemo because of the fact it's prescribed to patients undergoing chemotherapy.

believe it or not skunk # 1 can actually be more floral then skunk smelling at least the samples ive tried at my club its one of those strains thats a staple like the m 39 and the great white shark. i didnt know that about chemo tho. i wonder if it has any relation to the strain kemo or kemo kush we get the kemo with a k at my club all the time its some pretty decent medicine.

• Like 1

It could very well be the same strain as kemo but I'm not sure. I have spoke with someone in Montreal that used seeds that were available from Hemp Depot that was sold as UBC Chemo, recreated and perhaps those are the seeds used. In either case, it could be related based on early trials of the Health Canada strain that were performed before the strain was officially sold by Health Canada. As far as the Skunk #1, you do have an interesting point. I've had the Sensi skunk version from a few friends and it was fruity and floral but it is very different from this one, which although fruity and floral is part of the description it seems more earthy than the Skunk #1. Also, Skunk #1 or skunk hybrids such as Big Bud are a bit more expressively pungent, whereas this strain is quiet laid back, but can than be profoundly pungent in a deeper way. It really is an excellent genetic that I have certainly been impressed upon. The weight seems like I will be getting an oz cola or so and I am extraordinarily impressed. Germination was 100%. The plant was super healthy, vibrant. It's a good experience, thanks for the feedback and support and I shall keep you further posted.

Another friend of mine who is also friends with the person who got the seeds from Hemp Depot was published in a book by Greg Green on the subject of Chemo. I always see people asking them about the kemo strain and he makes seeds and works together with other common friends. It's a possibility that this is the kemo strain but it's not anything necessarily definitive and there may be different versions, for example Kootenay Mountain Seeds has a whole variety of chemo strains. Dr. Greenthumb has a whole variety of chemo strains and many more people. Hemp Depot had the chemo seeds f3 or f4s on sale in packs of 20 back in the day. Federation was the official person that was selling chemo seeds to the general public, as health canada's MMAR program under the Harper government is currently only available to a mere 9000 Canadians and previous to the Conservative government was only available to approximately 1000 Canadians, which is relatively a very small margin of the market so with consideration of all the controls that are put in place, it's unlikely that the Health Canada seeds are being distributed to the extent of making their way really into the mainstream market. At least not in a first or second generation form (first generation is more desirable for breeding but less desirable for growing out). I would guess that they give you f2s since it's a better choice to grow out. In Canada, for example, there are over 1000 hydroponic shops, it's not possible for each customer by themselves to keep a hydroponic shop alive for example. The market in Canada is well in excess of $2 billion dollars per year, there's bloom boxes, etc.., everything galore, nutrient companies, portable grow labs, control systems, seed companies and it surpasses all other crops including Canada's second largest crop, wheat.

http://www.hempdepot.ca/seeds/canadian/UBCChemo.html I think it's very similar to the Heath Canada strain except this was taken from UBC while it was undergoing preliminary rigorous scrutinous testing and the Health Canada seed is the one that has passed all these tests and met the standards as required by government and they have the necessitated lab results on it, including insects infestations, heavy metals, mold/fungal spores, and they have maximized the potential of the strain so that it is up to standard with the needs for healthy medicine for Canadians and is as beneficial as possible.

ive never ordered anything from hemp depot is it any good? that bud in the picture of the logo looks awsome they sell the seeds its a skunk northen lights cross but i was alittle skeptical because ive never seen pistils that pink before and theres alot of scam artist seed banks online especially canadain seed banks there was another company with a similar name to hemp depot that used to clam it sold weed strains that had 35% thc or higher and i heard alot of storys of people getting ripped off by that one company but that company got shut down a while ago buti have heard positive reviews online from hemp depot ive justnever talked to anyone whos ordered from them specifically the brenda skunk # 1 northern light # 5 cross from the picture on there logo with the florescent pink pistils but if thatbud is real i need those seeds bad

NL5 x S1 doesn't go pink. I know this for a fact. I grow this cross...

CHemo, is a very infamous strain, people say UBC created it, some say David Sazuki (the nature of things), some say its a late harvested Thunderfuck

Bud Depot seems to be the only ones offering it, but no one has really reported on actually growing it.

• Like 1

Hemp Depot is a legit seedbank company, they ARE NOT authorized by the Office of Controlled Substances, though there is currently really only 1 well known reseller for general population requiring medical genetics but they are the next best thing in the sense that they sell the seeds that they say they do and are not ripoff artists. Ie. If they tell you Greenhouse they will sell you Greenhouse.