Official Green House Feeding, keep it simple!

admin

hey man, have a little look around in the forum you will see almost a hundred of grows with powderfeeding, it has been on the forum for more than a year now i think so many grows to look ;)

Good luck have a good reading!

hey man, have a little look around in the forum you will see almost a hundred of grows with powderfeeding, it has been on the forum for more than a year now i think so many grows to look ;)

Good luck have a good reading!

Thanks Dust, I will do a more thorough search.

Kind of did a sloppy search before.

hmm aeroponic i don't know nft, i think i've seen yes, well jimmy for exemple is using waterfarm with the powderfeeding so i don't see why NFT wouldn't work ;)

Look mainly in the official's seed test report and you'll see more powder use, if you check in the Grow journal for the world cup too, most of the members are using the powder ;)

Good luck

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i have a quick question about the powderfeeding well actually too questions i am having troble finding the answer's too the first one is how come the label doesent have calcum amouts written on it ?? is there calcium in powderfeeding at all??? there must be i mean its an essential.

the second question is in regards to the level's of ammoniacal nitrogen, i have been told that ammoniacal nitrogen in cannabis nutrients should be used less then 10 percent of the total amount of nitrogen in the fertilizer. i have been told this because it apperently interract's with the other nutrients and actually causes problems. at first i thought this had to be wrong but i have been reading nutrient guides and alot of them claim that its best to find a fertilizer that use's very little of that type of nitrogen for exsample Genereal hydroponics floraNova another all in one formula has a total nitrogen content of 4% of which 0.25% is ammoniacal nitrogen and 3.75% being nitrate nitrogen .

i would like to hear someones take on both issue's or question's i have but mainly on the calcium because calcium is an essential nutrient and most other nutrient formula contain more calcium then magnesium.

hey man, for the calcium what i can say from the few talks i've had with diferent people at the cup is they count on the calcium present in the hard water, that's why in the case where you use RO water or rain water, they recommend a little add of cal/mag. That's why i believe they also say on the package or in the brochure, it is designed for use with hard water.

The forumla itself is very diferent from every other formula so i don't think it can be compared with lines like flora nova, maybe they work better.. but in the purpose of a all-in-one component nutrient i guess they've found it was better this way ;)

have a good day man maybe franco will pass by here ;)

dust thats something i can't understand how is the formula so different when they basically have the same ingrediants give or take a few %, i always thought most of those formulations are just tweeked versions of food grade tomato and vegtible fertilizers i have 1 bag of powderfeeding , 1 container of GH floranova and 1 container of basic 10$ tomato & vegtible fertilizers and when you read the back of all of them the list's are basically the same all 3 have different levels of NPK but the both powder product's are pretty close even in NPK and the only really noticible difference in the ingrediants is that FloraNova and powderfeeding have magnisum.

but aside from that all three have pretty damn close levels of copper, zinc, iron and manganese chelated with EDTA. i just don't really understand what makes the powderfeeding formula so unique?? like i like the product it work's well but i mean saying its uniqueand uncomparible to other product's isent really fare because products that use the same ingredients but in different levels should be comparible or maybe i am missing the mark on this i don't no below i am posting the levels of the three different products so you can see what i mean:

green house powderfeeding:

• 16% N Total Nitrogen
  • 11% NS Nitrogen Nitrate
  • 5% NA Nitrogen Ammoniacal
  • 6% PO Nitrogen Phosphorus
  • 26% KO Soluble Potassium
  • 2% Mg Soluble Magnesium (=2% Mg)
  • 0.02% B Souluble Boron
  • 0.04% Cu Souluble Copper (as Chelate form EDTA)
  • 0.1% Fe Soluble Iron (as Chelate form EDTA)
  • 0.05% Mn Soluble Manganese (as Chelate from EDTA)
  • 0.01% Mo Soluble Molybdenum
  • 0.01% Zn Soluble Zinc (as Chelate from EDTA)

General hydroponics Floranova (all in one formulation)

Nitrogen (N)....................................................4.0%

0.25% Ammoniacal Nitrogen

3.75% Nitrate Nitrogen

Available Phosphate (P2O5)............................8.0%

Soluble Potash (K2O).......................................7.0%

Calcium (Ca).....................................................4.0%

Magnesium (Mg).............................................2.0%

2.0% Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)

Sulfur (S)..........................................................2.0%

2.0% Combined Sulfur (S)

Boron (B)........................................................0.01%

Chlorine (Cl)...................................................0.01%

Cobalt (Co)...................................................0.002%

Copper (Cu)...................................................0.01%

0.01% Chelated Copper (Cu)

Iron (Fe)...........................................................0.1%

0.1% Chelated Iron (Fe)

Manganese (Mn)...........................................0.03%

0.03% Chelated Manganese (Mn)

Molybdenum (Mo)......................................0.003%

Zinc (Zn).........................................................0.01%

0.01% Chelated Zinc (Zn)

Home Gardener tomato & vegtable fertilizer ( a basic food grade fertilizer product i purchased for 10 $ at the local gardening center)

• 15% N Total Nitrogen
  • 15% P avalible phosphoric acid
  • 30% KO Soluble Potash
  • 0.02% B Souluble Boron
  • 0.05% Cu Souluble Copper (as Chelate form EDTA)
  • 0.1% Fe Soluble Iron (as Chelate form EDTA)
  • 0.05% Mn Soluble Manganese (as Chelate from EDTA)
  • 0.0005% Mo Soluble Molybdenum
  • 0.01% Zn Soluble Zinc (as Chelate from EDTA)

obviously the NPK ratio's are different but that is so for pretty much any basic nutrient formula so i am wondering basically what makes the powderfeeding different or unique in comparison to other all in one formulations?

yes i agree with you with the similitude on all the other nutrients line, and a lot of people actually grow cannabis with very low grade garden nutes and have awesome results, look at Inzion for example i don't think he use cannabis specified nutes, or at least he use not too lol.

And of course the forumla itself will have the same component as other formula because in the end we still have to feed the same plant, no matter the form of the feeding you have to have the N P K copper zinc etc.. i think the main diference is in the way it has to break down from solid to liquid phase, and to make all those moelcule to disolve and stay available for the plant to eat them they probably had to work in certain proportion and perhaps some other things were going against another (cal? who knows lol i'm not chemist ^^ )

About the flora nova don't think we can really compare, they clamin all in one but you still have a flora nova bloom, a flora nova grow and you have to "use Liquid KoolBloom and Floralicious Plus with FloraNova for increased flower production" (quote from GHE website) or maybe i missed a new line from them?

So can we really compare the 2 lines? which anyway one is liquid and other powder form, so i think just that makes a big enough diference, i saw 1 or 2 other powder form nutrient line, but they were not All in one, in the sense they had a powder for veg, and one for bloom.

But you know me everything i say are from my readings talking and deductions just like you, i don't work in the lab nor am a scientist even tho we try to be everyday a little more, but maybe all this is a bigbag of nonsense hahaha sorry iif it happens to be :P

Have a good day man ;)

Dust, I just checked out Franco's seminar at the Cannabis Cup concerning the Powderfeeding formulas on youtube. In the USA the standard for greenhouse hydroponic plant production has been Jack's Professional 5-12-26 at 1 gram per liter with the addition of .67 grams per liter of Calcium Nitrate giving a final nutrient solution of 150 PPM Nitrogen, 53 PPM Phosphorus, 216 PPM Potassium, 128 PPM Calcium, 63 PPM Magnesium, 82 PPM Sulfur, 3 PPM Iron, .5 PPM Boron, .15 PPM Zinc, .015 PPM Copper, .01 Molybdate.

I think Arjan's and Franco's new strain specific formulas are a great addition to the average growers tool box and makes everything far easier than having to deal with 5 to 25+ different bottles of high priced liquid nutrients (Big Mouth Mike at AN is coming out with 41 new products for 2013!) I think the work done by the Greenhouse Seed team has confirmed that the Phosphorus levels are between 27-53 PPM, The Nitrogen levels 150-180 PPM, and the Potassium levels 149-215 PPM depending on the strain and the number of weeks it takes to harvest. I also think the use of Ammonium Nitrogen at the rates of 31% for Indica, 33% for Hybrids,and 44% for Sativa is interesting and is in line with Jack's Professional 16-4-17- 4% Ca. new Herb one part formula with 21% NH4.

My question is Jack's powders has 128 PPM Calcium and 63 PPM Magnesium in the old formula, the new herb one part has 40 PPM Calcium and 15 PPM Magnesium. It would be nice to know what the proper nutrient levels are for Indica, Hybrids, and Sativas to expand on "add a little" from Franco's seminar instructions.

• Like 1

Greenomatic - my understanding is the source materials used would be better. Many ferts use very cheap source materials to start with, I would assume that GHSC is not using chinese source materials which would be very poor quality. remeber nute minerals can come from different sources and some are better then others in quality. You can also have different forms of mineral compounds that would work somewhat the same.

I really like cannabis specific nutrients. If you take a look at my recent pics you will see that the advanced nutrients has just made an explosion of trichomes on the kush plants. If I was to have used general hydroponics (like I use to once upon a time ) I would never get results like that. I have tried many other nutrients and I always go back to a combination of advanced, canna, and botainicare. I like to pick and choose the best products that compliment eachother out of the different lines.

More research is needed on cannabis plants and nutrients, Advanced Nutrients has a team of people who do lab analysis on cannabis plants and other scientific research/testing. You will see white notes and lab papers published by them all the time. I have not seen any other company do testing on cannabis plants. They grow much different then tomatoes as we all know.

Does anyone know if Greenhouse has done extensive analysis on cannabis tissue growth with its Powerfeeding nutes? If so can we get a look at the papers? Or has the testing all been on growing/smoking the plants and no real tissue analysis was done? I would think if they are doing flavor analysis they would be doing all the growth tissue, etc, etc, analysis as well??

• Like 1

Yes older i agree it would be nice to know exactly, and if we give them the time i'm sure the infos will come afterall it's very new to the market yet ;) Still plenty time to discover but the sooner the better i understand :)

Misskitty, i believe they do, GH does spend A LOT of money in research and development, i don't know if it will ever be available, maybe part of the secret who knows the concerned people wil ltell if they pass by ;)

Cheers boys and gil :)

misskitty, I looked at the AN white notes and found only one that seemed long on hype and short on facts. AN did publish some tissue analysis years ago that confirms Franco's work you do not need the P & K boosters the high priced nutrient companies market in their $500 multi bottle packages.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just bought a bag of the short flower indica off Franco on saterday , I changed my Rez from advance nutes to the power feed and yesterday I noticed the fresh growth was very pale , light green and the stalks were redning , so I switch bac to adavance nutes , I also noticed the ph run higher than an as the 3rd day ph driffed to 7.1 , my plant r a foot tall and running ppm at 850, not sure if I should have jacked up the food any ideas thanks

Aloha Cypres, The Powderfeed Indica formulation 16-6-26 has 31% Ammonical Nitrogen (NH4) and the plants take that form of nitrogen up easier than they do Nitrate Nitrogen (NO3) from the nutrient solution. What type of system are you using hydro, ebb flow, coco, or soiless mix?

• Like 1