2012 Outdoor grow - South Africa

Organicz

Hello Everyone :)

Strain Hunters world wide..

I thought i would share this years grow with my fellow growers world wide:)

This is my first grow journal but not the first time growing. I have grown cannabis for a short five years and fall deeper in love with it everyday :wub: The warm climate Africa offers is ideal for growing large, sturdy plants bursting with resin right in my garden.

Seeds:

I have not been able to buy Greenhouse Seeds yet, rather this year i am growing a mixture of seeds i extracted from a large Rastafarian community called Judah Square( the largest Rasta community in the state) . All the seed is very decent bud i had the pleasure of smoking and discovering fertilized seed, a mix of fruity sativa strains and the odd dank, pungent Indica was put straight into my collection to be planted in October 2011. This year i will grow half my seeds in a greenhouse and the others into the ground ^_^

Soil Mix:

Standard potting soil

Compost (homemade)

3 x wash river sand

Perlite

Verliculite

Peat

Worm Castings( earthworm poo)

Nutes:

Vita boost( general n,p, k)

Carbon boost

Bone-Meal

Gypsum

Epson salts

Germination;

In October of 2011 i germinated 20 mixed seeds of the various strains i had once smoked bud of. I placed my 20 seeds in my homemade seed germinating pod thingy ^^ Which heats up a chamber of water to create vapor which rises onto the seed, creating heat and moisture .This little contraption can save me up to 3days in germination :rolleyes: lol

( will upload images tomorrow, too smoked out to operate)

As i only decided to do a grow journal today, i dont have pictures of my young plants, but from here on i will post pictures of the established plants and their locations :ph34r: It is now February and my plants stand at about 4feet,but more about the plants tomorrow. Here's seeds im germinating at the moment for a late harvest, hope you liike :)

Sorry about lack of pictures :(

Yeah its a water heater ^^ They do love it in there :) loong radical development.

The seeds are a variety of seed races that have been grown in these parts for many years.

The strains are reminiscent of Swazi RooiBaard but are not direct decedent due to outdoor growing and crosses made by The Rasta community.

So we are just going to have to see what the ground pushes up, could be interesting ^_^

peace :D

Ill pull up a chair for this one. Lol never done outdoors here due to circumstances but i think i will start my first guerrilla grow this year too. Got some SLH i want to put outside instead of my indoor grow space.

Good luck with the grow

Hey gentlemen Thanks for the reply's :)

Mopman you here in South Africa ? im not familiar with SLH, what strain is this :) I also had a small indoor setup but went outdoor to grow MORE bud. Always need some good medication.

During September of last year i setup about 7 plants as a guerilla grow in someone else's property and landed up being chased twice by a huge guy and had to ditch my plants so be careful :ph34r:

:)

Me and my camera are going on a huge Plant photo shoot in my gardens tomorrow :D

Its February here now and the mix of seeds i planted in October are very nicely established plants with appropriate stem and leave development to the light hours the receive. October here can be seen as a bit late into the season to plant seed to grow decent plants +- 2 meters high which would give me a decent harvest.

However four months into the grow my plants stand at a young but sturdy 1 meter and are showing promising signs of good phenotype's and the fruity sativa's are vegging nicely :rolleyes: Much to my liking :P As the summer here comes to an as we go into March both my plants in the greenhouse and in the ground begin to show sex. I have pulled about 10 males and another 3 later i'm left with 7 beautiful female mixed strains showing signs of positive growth and as i rub my fingers on the stems a real sense of variety and amazing pungent smells comes out :wub:

PICTURES to come tomorrow :lol::unsure:

Here's a picture of those seeds from yesterday in the seed germinator:

Peace

James

post-8089-0-51880000-1330548002_thumb.jp

• Like 1

First of March - Plants in the ground

Today was the day to take some sweet pics of the plants :)

All four plants directly in the ground and females and are pushing more and more foliage each day and are smelling amazing. Some of the plants(2) are fruity sativa's like i spoke about earlier, one other has more of a sour, gasoliney smell which is very interesting and strong :rolleyes: The other is an Indica cross growing dank Indica structure each day as the sun bakes it's broad leaves :rolleyes:

I have kept one Sativa Male in a different location i thought had short inter-node spacing and a very nice structure of stem and Sack clusters. Would love to discuss breeding with you Growers :)

Here's my plan of action:

Feeding:

Along with the Nutes all plants have been given the following nutrient supplements on a three week basis:

Week 1 - 4:Nitrosol Organic plant food: 80g N. 20g P. 58g K + micro nutrience

Week 5 - 9: Lucky Plant foliage spray/ Earth worm farm liquid/ Nitrosol Organic Plant food ( alternation)

Week 10 - now: Wondersol plant food: 103.5 N. 23g P. 59.50g K.

• From today all plants will be fed a richer P and K supplement to boost the first of the calyx's :wub: ( pic below )
  • I have chosen Grow - Stix By Wonder: 40g N. 60g p. 40g K. These are funny little sticks you push into the soil which act as a slow release.

Here are the pictures from today, all bushes have been topped several times and a few of them were trained before being put into the ground. Firstly is the Indica then then range of Sativa's, one of the Sativa's was planted in September as a guerrilla grow that got bust. I managed to salvage this plant and shes a beauty, clearly a bit bigger and a bit further into flowering B) Will put up pics of the Greenhouse shortly :D Hope you like my plants :ph34r:

Peace

post-8089-0-92594800-1330625833.jpg

post-8089-0-17933500-1330626060.jpg

post-8089-0-88759500-1330627260_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-66637000-1330627475_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-08339100-1330627599_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-62886500-1330627665_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-28203900-1330627908_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-85518000-1330628197_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-72691500-1330628297_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-04222700-1330634349_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-41107200-1330634424_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-43759500-1330634705_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-00742600-1330634840_thumb.jp

The Greenhouse

Half the seeds i germinated in October went into my greenhouse which is very different to other greenhouses :lol: The dimensions are roughly 2m long by 2m wide, its made out of a wooden structure with polyethylene film walls and roof with gives my plants a head start in the colder months B)

As growing Marijuana here in South Africa is illegal i had to come up with a way to grow where no one will find it and as my garden is over booked with Sativa mama's there was only one place left to go and that was up. A big branchy tree in the middle of my garden takes up all the sunlight( a perfect location ) One day after a good smoke i climbed the tree in curiosity and when i got up there shit hit the fan :O

The top of the tree was big and open and idea's of a greenhouse in the top of this tree poped into my head. The next day i bought plywood and everything i needed to do a good wooden frame ten meters, after building the platform i started work on the actual greenhouse, carrying endless tools and supplies all the way up the tree :unsure: Thus my greenhouse right at the top of the tree was born :D:P I have space for about 4 one meter high plants in the house and these can get to a decent width so all the work and labor pays off :O

Will follow up on more about these plants and their growth. Too tired to type any more now :wacko: Here's the greenhouse, tree top syle B)

Hope you like it

Peace

post-8089-0-65232000-1330637180_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-46562700-1330637260_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-64680900-1330637493_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-80224600-1330637575_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-12492900-1330637656_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-25830400-1330637748_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-51475700-1330637803_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-86028800-1330637916_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-23993600-1330638084_thumb.jp

post-8089-0-07777100-1330638172_thumb.jp

Awesome greenhouse in a tree man i would looooove to be able to do that in mine :D

And your plants looks very good man, very nice green and beautiful leaves love it, you seem to take good care of them :)

Thanks for the sharing ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone B)

Really appreciate then all.

Tokage, yes these nutes are my own recipe. I have been changing and experimenting with this recipe now for the past couple grows and have had some good results, so decided to make my usual for this years crop. Anything obvious or good you know how that im missing in my soil?? would be great to get other growers perspective and knowledge :) Iv recently been learning and reading up on hydroponics for next years grow (will be either applying for testing seeds or buying GHSC strains) What nutrients do you feed your plants? is it specific Hydroponic supplements ?

Peace man

• Like 1

Thanks for the interest :)

Geshwine, the one sativa i planted in September should be ready in about April :wub: The others a bit later, id say about June :)

Cant wait for the sticky green bud!! ;)

Anyone else Growing some outdoor ? :mellow: Would love to chat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

no wayyyy grr i hate plants thieves!!

You sure it was the garden boy of your neighbor? i would make him pay for them ^^

Sorry for you man, they even took the ones in the tree house??

Good luck