Questions

panacea76

Guest Ghost_doG

I wouldnt use the sensi A & B that early, their still seedlings and most people discourage you from using nutes at this point as it might kill them....

As dust said be carefull with overwatering, i killed my first seeds this way, always wait for the surface of your pot to be dry, i always believe you better underwater them then over water, same principle as applying nutes if she need more you will see it and correct it, if she need less you won't see it untill you're fucked!

Peace!

• Like 1

well he is in root riot, so they got to stay little humid, but unless they are extra dry, once a day should be enough.

As he is in hydro he will have to feed from beginning, but for the moment it would be best if you had some root Juice or something like that for the seedling, at least until you put them in your clay ball.

Good luck ;)

I don't water them all of that solution. I simply squirt them with a few squirts with the sprayer. I find it keeps the humidity at about 90%. They are definitely not over watered but the root riots are always damp to touch.. It does say on the bottle that 1ml is for seedlings... But as you can see something is wrong..

ok if it says on the bottle ^^ Maybe try to put 0,5ml, to see if there is an improvment.

But i stay on the water once per day it's enough as long as your cube are still wet to the touch, i never use those kind of germination domes, so i don't know what kind of problem they can bring, maybe allow a little more airflow in it i don't know.

Good luck man ;)

i use Nitrozyme for my germination. and after i use root juice, bioheaven and algamic until week 2 3 more or less. But i ain't a good example to follow i grow organic and in soil ^^

But if someone growing hydro passes by here would be nice to know what you guys use for the first week. but i think 0,5 of your nutes should do it if they say it can be used for seedling

I have thrown the seeds that have not grown in the bin. I thought i would check the seeds beforehand and noticed that the root had become detacted from the seeds.

I have grown 2 more seeds and they have popped up nicely. I would say 3 of them are healthy but one of them just doest seem to want to grow! (The one pictured on the near left)...

I'm watering them with simple tap water left at room temperature.

I have a question for you though...

When should i move these to the hydro? Can i just place the root riots into the clay pebbles and then setup my watering schedule etc.

post-10344-0-22724100-1331600973_thumb.j

You could move them in now already , also maybe the PH in your plain tap water could be off , might explain whats been happening but i think not as you said some of the roots were detached from the seed case when you checked before throwing them away.They are very sensitive at such a early age when transplanting. what is the PH ?

And yes keep them in the root riots when transferring them.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply... It's really appreciated!

The normal ph of my tap water is between 7.2 - 8.0. However i was feeding them with a tiny amount, as prescribed on Advanced Nutrients, of Sensi Grow. I have now changed to normal tap water. I will revert back but i'll put in half the prescribed dosage for seedlings/small plants...

I have jus ordered a humidifier. So i'll place them in the hydro as soon as i receive it...

What do you recommend for watering times when they get transferred? Where should i place the dripper and should it be directly flowing onto the root riot?

Too bad for the 2 seeds thrown to trash.

For the watering times, can't help you neither, i'm a soil gower too ^^

but if your PH is really at 8, think you found source of your problem there man, 7 should be the highest ph you give them if you don't want to much problem, and it's even less once they'll go in hydro, i think hydro ph is between 5,5 and 6,5.

But anyway wait for the hydro growers to come as mopman said ^^

have a good grow

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

im a hydro grower mate, the way i do it pana is i put my root riots into the bigger rockwool cubes (im assuming you will be using them) then i sit them on a tray of clay pebbles and keep giving them small amounts of water. as soon as they get roots out the bottom of the bigger cubes i put them under the clay pebbles and bury it to the top of the cube. i set my timer to 15min every 9 hrs (twice on a 18hr light cycle). and give them an e.c of 0.7 or something for the first week, and you will see immense growth.

after they get a bit bigger up the watering amounts as and when

if your not using the bigger rockwool cubes just skip that bit with letting them grow a good few roots out the root riot cube then put it under the pebbles mate and do the same with the watering and nutes.

over the veg period get your e.c upto around 1.2 to 1.4 mark, 4 weeks is plenty of veg in hydro dude.

i also use 2 of the wilmas you have side by side buddy and you will be glad you only put the 4 plants in their, its so cramped

hope this helps pana

respect dude

Edit.: thinking about veg, i just rememberd your running lemon haze and it will stretch quite a bit so keep that in mind mate they are tall plants and your height is limited. the more you veg the bigger they will get

all the best mate

peace

Edited by Nutes
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good gear ! i feel ya, somehow I am a bit happy that yiou had such a low rate of success with your seeds, too.. I thought I was the dumbest man around when I could get only 2 of 5 sprouted beans (from 6) to VEG. I bought another set and from 8 seeds I had only 50 % success rate..This first try takes practice. I couldn't believe i´t since I planted lots of bag seeds into pots all my life and they always sprouted.

This type of High Tech Genetics needs extra care. Use distilled water, get a Rockwool cube and put the seeds inside, Will be the easiest for Hydro I guess. If a seed does not root plant it in soil and hope for the best, sometimes they still make it after 10 or 14 days.

I am sure next time we both have a better success rate.

BTW as a pro why don't you get a Secret Jardin Grow la,mp T:Neon with 2 % 36 or 55 watt with 9.6000 spectrum lights.

I just got mine and try to get 2 invalid seedlings back to health..

You can also use the lights with Grow lambs 6,900 for Veg. These lambs are VERY small, they seem to be larger on pix, so they come handy for plants hanging back. When the others are sleeping you can feed them some extra rays - make sure the lights are covered from the resting plants.

Def. a useful tool as well as that NIRVANA Propragator and germination set with LED's for 20 Euro

Seems to work wonders for germinating seeds. Next time I get seeds I get such a set, too.

Seeds are too precious to be wasted !

Here is a linkhttp://www.nirvanashop.com/de/unterstutzende-mittel-marihuana-samen/851-propagator-pro.html

HOw many plants are in Veg now - 3 ? Make them extra big and you yield as much as from 6 smaller ones..lol

Mazeltov !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since growing these i have been away and negleted them twice. Once for 2 weeks and recently for 10 days. My last 2 feeds i swapped from Advanced Nutrients to Green House Powder feeding.

I have been watering them every 4 hours for 10 minutes and only during daylight.

Due to the being left alone i have not been able to LST as well as i would have liked because they have grown quite rapidly recently..

Here is a latest pic...

Thanks for all your helpful comment :-)

post-10344-0-28187300-1335467730.jpg

Poor plant left alone without friends :(

Lol at least they seemed to have grown nicely while you were away, still looking good ;)

Have a good grow man i hope they'll like the powder feeding ;)

Could you see a diffrence in them when you changed the feed?

I can't answer that because this is my first grow.

However i can say that the Powder Feeding is a lot easier to use and maintain.

Firstly i just need to use one substance for ALL periods..

Secondly the EC does not change dramatically when adding the Powder Feed. When using AN the EC increases to over 2. These plants need an EC of around 1.3.

Also with the Powder Feeding there is not a big change in PH over the weekly feeding period (7 days). With AN it increases and you need to keep adding water, ph down and a bit more feed on a daily basis...

• Like 2

HI My Fellow Tokers!! :cool:

I have just made my own scrog net. I made it out of the left over string i used to LST my ladies. I really don't recommend making your own because it's a pain in the a$$. But it seems to have worked out ok, with a lot of mucking about.

I'm thinking of going into flower in 1 week. HOWEVER i have just been told that i have to go away for 3 weeks next month. So they will be on the own and i wont be able to change their water! I hope they'll be okay under my hydro. The powder feeding keeps the EC and Ph at a constant level so i think they should survive :girlcrazy:

Anyway, any tips, advice or general feedback is always appreciated...

post-10344-0-80940000-1336154654.jpg

post-10344-0-75383700-1336154658.jpg

post-10344-0-69802400-1336154663.jpg

nice man looks already crowded under that scrog, you better put your branches in the right position before leaving your 3 weeks cause when you'll come back it will be jungle there ^^

Everything's looking good, i hope they will manage your abandon :P

Have a good grow man