bugs?

MNeese

When I watered my plant today, I seen little tiny white bugs crawling on soil. Looked at them under scope, the are maybe a 1/16" inches long with 2 attennaes. Noticed during flush. Does anyone know what they are and how to kill them. Only on soil. 2 weeks to go. Please help fast, wanna nip this thin fast.

Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I think they are the bugs that eat roots. The are only in soil. When I was flushing I started see then on surface. Now cant see them crawling. I put one under scope. They are almost transparent with antennas.

Tobacco juice kills them

easiest remedy right here, two or three cigarettes (the stronger the better, sans filter) in about a gallon or half a gallon soaked over night.

strain and this is about a one plant dose

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

not that i've seen, prefer to use fresh tobacco (as in grow yourself) as their are many chemicals in cigarettes.

i wouldn't add the tobacco juice to your nutes, not sure it would be effective that way.

I mainly use it for Foliar only. the only difference i've noticed is my cat won't eat the leaves if they've been sprayed.

also doing it when the lights go on and half way thru their day cycle is ideal, you don't want to leave you fans damp during their sleep period.

IN bloom it will take extra care, keep humidity down, keep the temp up so it can evaporate at a decent rate, and don't spray in the last 3-4 weeks of bloom

you could end up with a tobacco tasting bud... ew

• 1 year later...

sounds like fungas gnat larvae , but they dont usually crawl on the surface?

are there little black bugs flying around? about 3mm look like tiny mosquitoes?

if so youll need to kill them before they lay eggs...

cinnamon wont kill anything they just deter them..

and ive tried everything to get rid of these and nothing i found worked, cinnamon included.

what i ended up doing is.. containing my grow to one room, which inturn contains the gnats to that room. Then while the plants were in veg stage, i would use flyspray to spray everything and kill the bugs flying around. so everyday for like 2 weeks i done this. They havent been back.

i was told to dry out the first 2inches of soil as the larvae dont like it dry, they like the moist.. but that never worked either, they are persistent little fuckers.

so if youre hand watering in soil the best thing would be to feed from the bottom of the pots leaving the top part dry.

but i tried everything and the only thing that worked for me was fly spray, sounds brutal but they havent come back.