21 replies to this topic

#21 Grimreaper1971

Grimreaper1971

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

Use cinnamon it's a natural way to kill fungus which is what the knats are eating and thriving on poor drainage or overwatering is the cause. Just sprinkle in the soil. Pce

#22 SukonmiSkunk

SukonmiSkunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Locationa little left of where you think i am

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

sounds like fungas gnat larvae , but they dont usually crawl on the surface?
are there little black bugs flying around? about 3mm look like tiny mosquitoes?
if so youll need to kill them before they lay eggs...
cinnamon wont kill anything they just deter them..
and ive tried everything to get rid of these and nothing i found worked, cinnamon included.
what i ended up doing is.. containing my grow to one room, which inturn contains the gnats to that room. Then while the plants were in veg stage, i would use flyspray to spray everything and kill the bugs flying around. so everyday for like 2 weeks i done this. They havent been back.
i was told to dry out the first 2inches of soil as the larvae dont like it dry, they like the moist.. but that never worked either, they are persistent little fuckers.
so if youre hand watering in soil the best thing would be to feed from the bottom of the pots leaving the top part dry.
but i tried everything and the only thing that worked for me was fly spray, sounds brutal but they havent come back.
yeah, theres nuthing like a good smoke after youve just finished shitting your guts out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users