Kushie kush,DNA genetics and topping dilemmas...

Guest Elias

Guest Elias

Hey guys, once again i'm reaching towards my fellow hunter looking for more wisdom than i have on my own.

A set of questions i had no idea where to post so admin if i've messed up i'm sorry!

Question#1: You guys had guess i just bought kushie kush! After the nice result i had with advanced nutes and with 6 sour kush and the same number of sour diesel vegging i had to try that product !

Now my understanding is that that booster is designed for kushes but it can also be used with paki and northern indian genetics. I'm not really big with genetics and was wandering if i should only use kushie kush with the sour kush or if i could also use it with the sour diesel?

I dont believe the sour diesel got any "kush genetics" in her, if so (and i could be wrong) you guys think that it could be bad (over feeding) to use kushie kush ?

(btw i know very few guys on the site use advanced nutrients but if anyone ever used kushie kush please let me know how they did about using it with other bloom booster: big bud, overdrive, the dna guys say that those strains are not to picky witht he nutes but i would hate to kill 140 euros of plant from overfeeding...)

Question#2: I'm not very experienced, you all know that, and after some great harvest following bozoph technique my next harvest is mainly clones that i'd left untouch. (I've got to say i'm looking forward for that harvest as the phenotype of trainwreck i've kept is amazing!)

I'm about to throw 6 sour (3 diesel and 3 kush) in flowering in 2 weeks (perpetual harvest with an harvest every month or so thanks Bozoph) and if i'm going to top them i need to do it before the week-end.

Now most experienced grower know how hard it is to top those babies at the beginning , plus i dont know if those two strains respond well to topping?

It is said on the dna site that the sour diesel should be pinched but not topped and i've searched for several days about the sour kush but havent found anything good except an article on rollitup where i couldnt see the pics (the guy said he had good result with topping though)...

If anyone's got any info about those two strains it would be a blessing!!!

Question#3: And last question (i promise), it will be easier as i'll pretty much ask the same question but for GH strains now. I havent topped any of my most recent plant: White widow/Cheese/Moby dick.

I'll throw 2 more cheese and 1 moby dick in a few weeks and i wanted to know if anyone would advice me to top one of those two strains, when i see SSH exodus cheese it looks beautifull but i've got that nice stocky pheno that seems perfect (cheese) and my moby dick's got 11 leaves at the top and she's still in veg...

So those are my dilemmas i know some of them are silly it's just that it's always good to hear the advice of more experienced people before doing things and i had nothing but good advice from good people on this site...

Peace out!

well i hope you'll find your heaven ^^

I won't be able to help you on this one didn't grow the sour kush, and never tried this kushi kush product, tho first thought would be that it will probably not kill another plant than a kush, but PK 7-17 for sure you'll have to be careful when you'll add it, some strains good not like such a big K feeding.

But as i told i don't know, nor advanced nutrient nor your product ^^

I've grown moby dick in Scrog if i remember well, and she had been topped, and did some nice secondary buds everywhere, but it was a scrog, so i don't know if in "regular" toping she will like it the same. But at least i can tell you she didn't dislike it ^^

good luck man

Guest Elias

Thanks dust, i had the same feeling about the heavy dosing of the kushie kush gonna be looking at the gh nutrients table to see about the ec tolerance of my othe sttrains and maybe do some testing, about the sour kush i might try to follow some kush pattern from the gh kush strain for the ec and ph...

And fo rthe diesel i still need to figure it out haha.

Peace!

Ps: I wont be topping the moby dick so far, not that i dont trust you but i'll wait to see if i've got more positive comment about topping that strain i've got untill sunday night to top them ;)

Guest Elias

That's the thing some strains love topping but i haven't try 1% of all the strains i wanna try and even with those pretty "classic" strain i'm growing i have no clue if i should let them grow natural or not...

As i've said though i had such beautifull result using bozoph method, and all the topped or fimed plant i've seen when looking on various forum seemed to do great...

Do i need to say that i hate gambling?

Peace!

• Like 1

From which seed company did you buy your "Sour Diesel" ?

I went to "Seedfinder.eu" - http://en.seedfinder.eu/search/ to check the lineage, there were five sour diesels listed from different seed companies. One sour Diesel was 30% sativa and 70% Indica, another one was 70% indica and 30% sativa there were othe % mixes.

If anyone is interested here is the page @ seedfinder where you can check the stats - http://en.seedfinder...search/results/

Indicas originate from the area which includes "India, Pakistan and Afghanistan" the name "Kush" come from the area called the "Hindu Kush".The Hindu Kush is a 800km mountain range that boarders Afghanistan and Pakistan.

If your strain is a pure Indica or mostly Indica it will more more likely to be able to handle "Kushie Kush" but i can not garuntee this after all it was specifically formulated for kushes.Try E-Mailing Advanced Nutrients after you know what percentage of Indica/Sativa your particular Sour Diesel is.

As for topping this is not my area, i have only topped outdoors to keep height down and to create bushy plants and to keep them out of sight, also to disguise that christmas tree look.

Peace

Lams

Guest Elias

Both are from DNA genetics.

Sour diesel:

Parentage:

(’91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL) x DNL Flowering Period: 10 Weeks Indica/Sativa: 60% Indica : 40% Sativa

Sour kush: Parentage: Sour Diesel x OG Kush Flowering Time: 9-10 Weeks Indica/Sativa: 70% Indica : 30% Sativa

I've tried e_mailing advanced nutrients about a month ago but had no answer, and e-mail dna genetics as well but it was 2 days ago so they might just be busy. (Should i try e-mailing advanced nutrients again i'm a stuborn fuck...)

If i follow your logic the sour diesel should handle the kushie kush but i better use it sparsely (let say 1/2 watering) could i do some testing with one of the cheese who's indica dominant?

Thanks.

Lol I must be blind title says DNA genetics in the title of you post.

So i had a little nose around the interweb and found this -

DNA Reserva Privada Cannabis Seeds - Sour Diesel (13 Seed Pack)

The Sour Diesel is a good yielding, stretchy strain that produces light green, frosty, sour flowers that have a pinkish color when finishing. The Sour Diesel is best if you let it go the full 10 weeks and the taste lingers in your mouth well after the exhale. It is recommended to pinch and bend the tops as she grows because of the stretch, this will also improve yields. If height is an issue, you can still take advantage of this strains stretch in the first 3 weeks by putting your rooted clones directly into flower for a 3-4 foot finish or 1-1.3 meter finish. The Sour D. is great for the beginner or the experienced grower because she is not too nutrient sensitive and can be worked to perfection! A favorite among favorites and well documented, you can now add Sour Diesel to your garden and see what all the fuss is about.

• 91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL
  • 60% Indica : 40% Sativa
  • Flowering Time: 10 weeks
  • Yield: 450-550g/m2

copied and pasted from - http://www.growhigh.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4383

So it looks like topping is good and that she can take nutes without being too sensitive.

You could start adding the "kushie kush" at a half the stated dose and see how she take it and slowly increase the dose.

Peace

Lams

Guest Elias

Good news!

I'd read that, it is the info they give on the dna website, the good news is that the kush isnt suppose to be as stretchy, on the other hand topping it could be a smart thing as she doesnt seem to produce massive side branches (1st time growing a kush strain ever)? "She grows fast in vegetive stage and spreads out wide to produce many tops and an even canopy. (this hasnt been the case so far compare to the other strain i'm growing let say cheese or trainwreck)She doesn’t grow as tall as Sour Diesel or as stetchy as the OG Kush and is not so picky with the nutrients" from the dna web site.

I wasnt sure if pinching and topping meant the same thing. I wanted to f.i.m the plants and thought that pinching only meant the process of pinching the branches and bending them downward.

I'll do what you say for the kushie kush, it sounds like the more reasonable way to do it.

Thanks again

Guest Elias

Hey bozoph i'm glad you say that cause i thought hte same thing about the rhino and after seeing your nice result topping them i thought it might be my pheno.

Trainwrecked loved it, try your system on the gh trainwreck and you'll create a myth on the site trust me!

Now you think i should f.i.m cheese/moby/sour D/sour K or only the latest?

I know you're a bad mofo when it comes to topping so i appreciate any of your word man (again my setup is nice and sweet delivering a harvest a month from several strain and that a lot due to your posts!)

Peace!

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys but i have i question for you.

I have try to Topping some plants: Magic Bud, White Lemon, Ice Dream and the Church.

Maybe you have seee the plants in the past, and you can see that with every 4 the strain the topping is ok, because are plants that continue to grow also after the start of the 12 hours of klight in the flow time.

I had start the flow. when the plants was about 30 cm.

This time, i am trying 4 Purple Kush, for reason of time i have start to flow after 18/20 days of Veg, and the plants are about 10/15 cm higth, but you know that the Purple Kush are plants much more large than higth.

I have read on SEEDSFINDER site, that The PURPLE KUSH of BARNEYS have a streach after the Flowering time of 200%.

What does it mean? For example, the W.L. after starting the flow stage that was 30 cm, 'becomeduring floweringup to80 90cm. Do you can give me an advices about this argoment about the streaching of the plant?

Thanks, Simon. Under there is the dates of the Purple Kush take from the Site SEEDFINDER. What do you think about?

Flowering Time Indoor:

Between 57 an 63 days (Average: 60 days.)

Stretch after the initiation of flowering:

~ 200 Percent

Initiation of flowering onto around 40 cm. - Final Height onto around 120 cm.

Growth Behavior:

Bushy; Strong

Side Branches:a lot of

;

into an average length

as well as

strong and vigorous

well i guess they mean the stretch will be x2 when they say by 200%. So for a 30cm plant it will end at 60cm. that's what i understand, kushes aren't really tall plant i believe, i might be mistaking ^^

yes you remember right, and it is not really in the past i cutted her 4 days ago ;)

Well she gown quite tall but all the vanilla kush i've seen grew a little tall and more sativ dominant. the bubble kush i've grown was a lot more indica and short. i don't know how the violator kush will developp i have my friend just starting one i'll see ^^

This is the images of the 4 Purple Kush at the end of the second week of 12/12.

I have used a large pots of 12 liters because this strain grow mostly in largest with a very big leaves.

Useds a 600 w. Agro Lamp with the reflector Ajust-a-Whings with a Spreder for have the bulb of the light at 25 cm. from the cup of the plants.

Near i have also a White Lemon, and when i will be finish the grow, i decide for the others plants that are in outdoor in my garden.

Now 2 are topping, and the other 2 no, but i hope that after this days of rain esc the good sun and the plants will be grow very nice for after decide if continue theyr Flowering stage ever outdoor, and will be do the harvest in September or take their in the grow room for the flowering stage.

I like buy about 10 seeds of Autoflowering plants for the outdoor, and have the harvest late.

But i don't know if with 10 plants Auto i can have a nice harvest.

I have never try the Auto flower plants in outdoor.

post-8107-0-25340000-1333796213.jpg

post-8107-0-32304400-1333796785.jpg

post-8107-0-78483500-1333797004.jpg

post-8107-0-41783900-1333797162.jpg

post-8107-0-16633600-1333797312.jpg

• Like 1

Nice purple Kush man, with big fat leaves :)

I am trying outdoor autos for the first time so can't tell you how the yeild will be :s, maybe if you work them out a little with bending etc, you can make themgo a little longer and bigger ;)

Have a good grow man