Topping Kush

Just finished reading "Secrects of the West Coast Masters" and it was very interesting. Couldn't possibly follow it to a tee in a larger set up but the basics of there topping techniques will definatly help. Is it possible to keep topping a kush like "L.A Confidential" and get a larger yeild as opposed to the low yeild of leaving it alone?

Giving it more time in veg and some bending the yeld will be higher.

It's very rewarding to top and bend plants, as long as you give the plants more time and triger them to flower wen they are well established and evolved after the cuts.

Take care

Guest Ghost_doG

I've fimmed a sour diesel and a sour kush. The sour diesel loved it but i'm still unsure about the sour kush. The way both plants grow are quiet different, the sour diesel have seen her multiple side branches grow a bit faster while the fimmed part of the plant grew back quiet well with the closest branches growing incredibly fast.

The sour kushes didnt showed a lot of reaction. Neither of the lower branches or the closest branches seemed to have benefit from the hormones boost that should follow such a manipulation...

It seems like the "one bud" growth pattern of the kush (it's not a one bud but i mean the sour diesel side branches are ridiculously small compare to cheese trainwreck or even moby dick and the sour kushes side branches are smaller in both number and size!) required an extended period of time compared to "classical" indica strains or indica dominant hybrid when topped or fimmed (i dont know shit but from the few strains i've experimented with).

The sour kush growth is focused in the main stem and topping it (or fimming it) seems to have more "negative" consequences than topping a plant in which side branches would show a significant improvement in growth that would "palliate" (in terms of yield) to the loss of the main stem...

Again i dont know much compare to many of you, but since i'm one of the few that grows one of DNA's kush and i've looked for those type of info like a mad men i try to share as much info as possible.

Peace!

• Like 1

I dont know shit either and still wont in 10 years from now. Gotta love cannabis plants for that too, they teach us more then we already know.. So "as much info as possible" is allways a good thing Elias ;) Thanks.

One thing is for sure, if its a plant that is growing vigorously, after the tops or fimms it will stay growing vigorously, if not vigorous it will keep that lack of vigor too..

I must underline again the "give them more time in veg" ;)

Take care

• Like 2

Guest Ghost_doG

I know it's bad but i'm in for the free e-book as well.

It sucks as i just made that rant about breeder being like artist, deserving their share and all that, and know i dont wanna pay for an "artist" that wrote a book...

On the other hand paying 50$ for the book plus 10$ for the post fees would represent more than 3 month worth of iguana juice!

Peace!

• Like 1

I'm currently growing SSH, Kalashnikova and Sensi Star. All of those have responded well to the topping and I veg'ed for just a little bit over 4 weeks, which is an all time record for me. I've got these L.A Confidential's just getting started. I've grown them once before and there so hearty, mildew and pest resistant and only grow another foot once tripped no matter what. Not to mention some of the most potent Kush I've smelled, tasted and smoked. But there not branchy at all, which concernes me if topped. It could just be a disaster and a waste of time with this specific kush, but on the other hand I've never veg'ed them for over 12 days. Thanks for the opinions, of course I'm going to try anyways.

F.Y.I... Not impressed with the Kalashnikova at all, chopped those moms down already.

there is something to veggin a plant for MONTHS, they start to "mature" after 2-3 months

and mature meaning new shoots are super sturdy, internodes get closer and you create a bigger foot print if you

scrog train them for a week or so

• Like 1

Guest Ghost_doG

I think you could put two in your tent if you work them bozoph style, bottom line is get a 600W you fuck! (I mean with all the good work you're doing!)

Peace

lol i already pay something like 1200e electricity bill per year, that's enough for me, plus for the moment my goal isn't to do big plants like that, i've done it during 2 or 3 session, but now is no more the time ^^

yeah but then you will need the lightings to follow the plants ^^

having 3 month vegged plants with my 400w i could only put 1 of them lol :ph34r:

i've got 7 plants over the age of 2 months in a 2ft x 5 ft space under ONE 400w hps

it is possiable :P

how much does that do in meter? i never know with those foots lol ^^

Biggest i did was 4 girls vegged 2 month too and it was crowded in 1m² lol

but i found i had better results on 2 girls vegged a very little more than 2 month in same space, and plants weren't crowded ^^

But i love vegging girls longer, but i prefer to let them grow "naturaly" so i can see each phenotypes etc... this will be my grow style when i'll be old and settled ^^

As it's been said somewhere, a technique suiting someone's setup and desire, will not suit another grower in another room with other desires ;)

that's why world is so cool we are all diferent ^^

• Like 1

Guest Ghost_doG

I had the same feeling at first but i'll always give props to bozoph and his technique for making me discover what you can do when working your plants. The funny thing is that most of my plant grow natural but i would say that once i'm settle i will imitate bozoph type of grow working on my plants to achieve those piece of art.

The few plants i've worked gave me loads of medium size but so well defined buds as far as calyx goes i was amazed by the result!

But you know all that shit already lol as you said it's just a matter of preference...

Peace!

• Like 1

Wider pots, air pruning pots, good ventilation at root level, carefull transplanting and awareness of pot sizes for the required periods, topings fim and defoliation sites control, bending and training closely, closer lighting distances (air cooled OR toroughly ventilated light zone, choice of nutrients and additives for the required feeding on every watering along with PH and EC control, beneficial bugs and carbohydrates, even light... list goes on...

More then it meets the eye on this matter, truly rewarding

• Like 2

I got to try the airpot, i see them everytime i go to the growshop but never did the step of buying them ^^

I used 32L pots when i grew the "big" girls, they clearly loved "big" pots, and the defiolation thing or whatever it's called too, often around day 40 when buds are clearly formed i like to give them a nice manicure to "recenter" the energy :ph34r:

today went to growshop and saw one bottle of 1l i think of advanced nutrient's Pirhanna or whatever it's called 170€.. lol viva Ghpowder! ;)

nice about the powder Rom, good tip for the next one coming here with doubts :)

I didn't plan to buy the advanced nute yet i have plenty of bottles to finish first ^^

and for sure when i'll change i won't take that bottle lolol ^^ perhaps powder ;)

the seller told one of his buddy bought complete line from advanced and got for 600€ of nutes... :ph34r: he better have a great room!! :)

Guest Ghost_doG

The line is expensive that's true but as romeu said you don't need each and every product, about the beneficial bugs i think cannazym does the same job (more or less) and is way cheaper than piranha, on the other hand as he said the powder formula is way cheaper and that's good to know.

Plus once you've bought the line it will last, i've been growing quiet a number of plant so far and only had to buy a new bootle of iguana juice bloom in more than 6 month! Other than that most of my bottles are more than half full (except maybe for the bud candy who's halfway full/empty lol)

What i wanted to say is sure advanced nutrients aint the cheapest product but #1 they work! #they last #3 you can make you "taylor made" plan and get away with half the price you friend payed! (bud ignitor, bud x factor, piranha, rhino skin etc are all very expensive product, if you stick with the basic nutes + a couple of bloom bosters and a few other shit you wont pay that much more than when using bio bizz trust me. Sure the prices sometimes looks scary but i trully believe that sometime you better put a little more in to be sure that you're getting one of the best quality, i'm sure they are undreground product that cost half that price and are jsut as good but i aint at that level yet ;))

• Like 1

Don't worry i don't doubt about advanced nutrien's capacity ;)

but lol i've been having my bottles of Biobizz for i don't know more than 1year and a half, and still look like they will never end lol, i'm willing to try other brands but don't want to waste what i already have. money is money ^^ but lol it looks like they regenerate themselves :P i think i'm going for again more than 6 months with it easily if not a year, maybe i'll use them outdoor a little to make them go faster ^^

But don't know if i'll go advanced nutrient when i'll change, I don't like white bottles :P and might try some even more organic than biobizz things, like guano etc, i'll see when time will come ^^

Guest Ghost_doG

Sounds good, i think advance nutrient is the easy path for high quality: you pay shit load of money but i guess they put the best ingredients inside...

Doing what you do is the hard way for the BEST quality plus i guess it'll save you a shit load of money! :) (I dont know if i would ever had the guts to make some guano tea, man the advance nutrients product smell so gross and they're suppose to be better than a lot of those other organice brand! Having an entire "casserole" of guano sounds like a gourmet dream lol)

Peace!

• Like 2

From advanced nutrients i use: Piranha powder, carbo load and I also have big bud. nothing more.

My base nutes are BioNova for veg and Plagron for bloom, bloom aditive is Plagron Green Sensation (the best bloom booster on the market).

As humic and fulvic acids source i use BioBizz TopMax, it works good, but there's one product i want to replace the topmax that its far better, will share it once I start using it.

As enzymes I use Hygrozyme and for roots I use Canna Rhizotonic, these two will use them for the rest of my life, probably the green sensation too, nothing can beat theese 3!

I have some other stuff that I use on a regular basis but not worth the mention probably for now, it is somewhere the complete list on the forum..

Take care

From advanced nutrients i use: Piranha powder, carbo load and I also have big bud. nothing more.

Too bad they are phasing out Liquid Carbo load for the Bud Candy

As enzymes I use Hygrozyme

Take care

Great Product, In Canada is its called Grozyme

I can and will ad my personal endorsement as well as romeu9's

btw thanks for the tip dude months ago ;)

• Like 1