Obtaining Landrace seeds

bringcannabisback

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man; I managed to to find a couple of places, checked out attitude, and world of seeds. Also found a company called the real seed company which sell original landrace genetics, also another company called afro-pips, who sell a range of land race African sativa's. Personally I am an indica lover, so looks like the real seed company for me as they have a range of Indian and Afghani's. Has anyone heard of the real seed company; are they reputable?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am thinking about loooking for some kerala landrace seeds, so if anyone, included franco is interested :) just tell me. I'll keep you up to date when i am there :P

malanavillager called my attention to this variety/strain at his thread (Suggest a future destination)

so if any professional of yous would like to grow those seeds, it would be a pleasure for me to do some prepatory work for the strain hunters.

• 2 months later...

well you can feminize them for the people wishing it, but you have to keep a Regular line on those landraces too, for the people willing to cross it or just grow the original.. We need food for every taste on the table for me ^^

I hope thos SH Seed company landraces will rock the marijuana world :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A landrace is a local variety of a domesticated animal or plant species which has developed largely by natural processes, by adaptation to the natural and cultural environment in which it lives. It differs from a formal breed which has been selectively bred deliberately to conform to a particular formal, purebreed standard of traits. Landraces are usually more genetically and physically diverse than formal breeds. Many formal breeds originated from attempts to make landraces more consistent, and sometimes a particular type has both landrace and formal breed populations. Sometimes a formalised breed retains a landrace name, despite no longer being a true landrace. When an animal landrace is codified as a pedigree breed without significant selective breeding to alter it, it is often referred to as a natural breed or traditional breed by breeder and fancier organisations. Similarly, the term traditional variety is sometimes applied to plant landraces.

Landraces are distinct from ancestral species of modern stock, and from separate species or subspecies derived from the same ancestor as modern domestic stock. Landraces are not all derived from ancient stock unmodified by human breeding interests. In a number of cases, most commonly dogs, domestic animals have reverted to "wild" status by escaping in sufficient numbers in an area to breed feral populations that, through evolutionary pressure, form new landraces in only a few centuries. Modern plant cultivars can also fairly quickly produce new landraces through undirected breeding.

Thanks wiki hihi :)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landrace

• Like 1

For my little experience about, an example of Landrace's seed in Italy was the " REED CALABRESE ", or called in much more others modes, that are a strains originally native in particoular zone of the world.

Are a plants for example from " THE REAL SEED COMPANY " seeds Bank that have strains as " Pasmaty" a particoular strain for have the CHARAS that grow only in particoular zone of ASIA, or others ., that have the aim to preserve the traditional landrace cannabis seeds strains. But i think that here there are much more people that are very expert about this argoment than me that can tell you more answers about this argoment.

Simon.

• 5 years later...