Mind Bending

alexbiologo

When there´s a lot of light in my greenhouse it gets hot inside (25ºC-30ªC) and plants grow like crazy. They use a lot of water at this moment and I dont fertilize with every water.

The days its cloudy the greenhouse doesnt heat up that much (15ªC) and the plants slow down. I use nutes every time I water or the plant will show signs of Nitrogen defiency

The Issue: Finding the Balance! Its not easy.

The answer: Over potting It has a cushion effect on the asimilation of nutrients by the plant. I had never encountered this problem untill now. Its the first time I use small pots (22 litre) in the greenhouse. Usually on the same size plant i would use a 60 litre pot.

Well sounds logical ^^

Tho 22L sounds little small for sun grown plants, i have a 32L pots, and they have a nice size i think for a medium size outdoor plant.

Thanks for sharing this theory with us, good to think about it ;)

Hey Alex!

Two winters ago I overwintered (check that hot link) a Lemon Skunk, the winter cold even inside the house put me to something like what you bring us now. Bottom line is that I had to feed her lesser amounts of water at each watering and at lower ec values... Was very rewarding to learn such things and get the plant all the way into spring again wen I forced flower then..

Take a read at the link I gave you and drop us what you think after it my friend!

Take care

Hey Alex!

Two winters ago I overwintered (check that hot link) a Lemon Skunk, the winter cold even inside the house put me to something like what you bring us now. Bottom line is that I had to feed her lesser amounts of water at each watering and at lower ec values... Was very rewarding to learn such things and get the plant all the way into spring again wen I forced flower then..

Take a read at the link I gave you and drop us what you think after it my friend!

Take care

The best thing in this forum is that when you thought you had read everything somebody still surprises you. I had miss that post Romeu, very interesting. I dont have the skills/time/energy to winter a plant. The plants Im talking about were planted indoors the second week of january and then taken out to flower the first week of febuary.

They are taking much longer than in fall or summer to flower. Probably twice as long. Cold temps at night.