Making my own Ice-o-lator Hash

gobru

couldn't you cover the inside metal part with very thin layer of candle wax? that way if you manage to make it very smooth you wouldn't have to put the foil :)

Just sayin what went through my mind ^^

Have a good mac gyving (mac gyver rules :rabbi: ) and make a nice press ;)

Mixing wax and "smoke" never was a good idea... My two pennies as they say :P

Amazing production guys,you've gotta respect the handcraft!

Could you guys explain me why some ice-o-lator in Dam look like black/shinny hashish when most ice-o-lator i've seen including yours andmine was rather sandy....

Keep on posting! Peace

there are some special waxes for coating like that and i'm sure they won't leave taste ;)

don't know neither about the black shiny hash and would like to know too ^^ Maybe depending the kind of resin some break more than others.. i don't know ^^

the color depends on whits strain you use, and the most important is, off you heat the hash before pressing it

and the longer you will proses it, the darker its getting

Yes Dust you got it right.

You can heat a little amount in your hand and pressed it by hand, you will see it starts to get darker or even black the longer you pressed it

• Like 1

SCIENCE! hehe, alright so to get hash black and shiny you got to press it with a warm piece of metal...

Did some ice o lator yesterday using much more ice than usual and had some great result. A mix of trainwreck and sour kush. It seems like the sour kush has a lot more smaller trichomes than the trainwreck as i had much more material in the smaller screen. The hash isnt greenish but light brown and smells a lot better, i'll be sure to post a smoke report.

Thanks guys!

• Like 2

Nothing like that brick lol, i got about 2/2.5 g from the bigger screen, 1/1.5g from the smaller screen out of two plants...

The first two pics are from the hash made with the bigger screen, the comes the smaller screen, and finally what i've got left from my 100% trainwreck hash. I think i did a better job keeping off the sediments on the new batch as well as it is from one trainwreck and one sour kush but the hash isnt as greenish...

post-11412-0-63539800-1337347682.jpg

post-11412-0-25193500-1337347714.jpg

post-11412-0-23394600-1337347749.jpg

post-11412-0-32997100-1337347792.jpg

post-11412-0-98733800-1337347838.jpg

post-11412-0-00709700-1337347872.jpg

post-11412-0-61806200-1337347905.jpg

• Like 3

Alright guys , i was watching subcool "how to" on ice o lator and thought it would be just an other of those video... but it wasnt!

Go straight to the end if you dont trust me to see the result of his work but this guy get one of the most beautifull hash i've ever seen (plus it is kind of dark and oily without having it pressed with heat!!!).

Now i'll try to list the main caracteristic of his hash making:

#1His green material is frozen.#2 he first puts the ice then adds the water when i use to go the other way around...(I thought it might help pack the bag better...and do a nice "lasagna" as he calls it).#3 and maybe most important he shakes the all thing by hand , no machine!!! #4 he separates his bags using two containers (i dont know about you but my bag are designed so i put them one inseide an other, first take of the leaf material then get a first and second filter trhough two separates bag.) This guy first get a bucket full of trichomed water then get's it through mutliple bags. #5 He then presses (slightly) the hash with paper towel and put it in a typeof paper i couldnt recognized yet to finaly freeze the hash!!!

After putting it in the frezer he just let it sit....

Ok what do you guys think of those things, i'm about to do some work and was really intrigued by those tricks, and as i said the result speak for itself, just watch when the guy smoke that hash at the end i wont spoil it here hehe.

Btw props to http://bigbudsmag.com/grow/how/article/making-bubblehash-ultimate-concentrated-thc-rich-medical-marijuana-may-2011

No offence but marie please do a better job at selecting articles you post here, they are tons of basic articles and "how-to" that could help a lot of beginers over here, for those who have time go and check the archives!

Peace!

• Like 3

Nice Ghost thanks for the input i'll have a look at that vid, i have myself the material of last harvest to use ^^

Was thinking of butter and a little something more maybe i'll try this tech ;)

i use subcools hand stir method. and it produces by far the best bubble hash. ive used the washing machines, mixers and spoons. hand stirring is the most gentle and leaves less plant material. i like to do 2 "runs". 1st with the spoon. pull the bags, collect hash. and then do it again but with a mixer or machine. u will yeild more this way and the 1st batch will be awesome. the second batch will be just like had u not hand stirred

• Like 1

I dont like the hand stir method, when you have a little bit of trim okay...bud when you have a lot trim then the wasser machine is much nicer and faster

Some time's I freeze my trim also, bud I get the same results , freezing it or not

I freeze my stash too before doing hash most of the time, i found trichomes were falling faster in first place, but as soon as they unfreeze it rebecomes normal.. and they don't stay frozen for long lol ^^

I freeze my stash too before doing hash most of the time, i found trichomes were falling faster in first place, but as soon as they unfreeze it rebecomes normal.. and they don't stay frozen for long lol ^^

You got it right Dust

• Like 1

I dont like the hand stir method, when you have a little bit of trim okay...bud when you have a lot trim then the wasser machine is much nicer and faster

Some time's I freeze my trim also, bud I get the same results , freezing it or not

I'm planing on doing both , actually a first 6/7min hand stir using several bucket, than a 10/15 stirring using an electrical device putting all the bag in the same bucket as i'm suppose to....

I've started freezing the leaves, it wont hurt, but what do you think about freezing the hash, bozoph told me he wouldnt do it what about you?

I really wanna try the hand stir method cause i've got to say that hash looks amazing, i guess the strain used has a lot to do with the end result but i want to give it a try... (Plus the sour kush gave me great hope as the trainwreck/sourK was much better than trainwreck by itself so i guess 100% sour kush will be nice -god i wanna make some bubbles!!!- ;))

Peace!