Making my own Ice-o-lator Hash

gobru

Water Hash or “Bubble†as its known as by almost any grower is one of the real rare pleasures of the hobby. When made properly from 100% Organic high grade Cannabis the results are simply amazing.

I have a unique method that produces amazing quality Bubble that requires little more than a small set of “Bubble Bags†and a steel spoon and a few tall one gallon buckets.

We take the 1 gallon bags and add a layer of ice that’s been crushed using a hammer handle to produce lots of sharp angles.

Then we add about 3†of sugar leaf, meaning encrusted waste only no fans or crap and use fresh wet frozen weed! A big part of the quality is how you collect and process your trim. A good trick is to allow your trim to set out over night before freezing loosely in freezer bags.

This reduces the volume and allows more leaf to be stirred at once.

Add a second later of ice, more weed then top off with Ice lots of rough shaped ice. Top off with water leaving about 1†from top of bucket.

Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

After the mix sits and is really cold remove place in sink and start stirring in a motion so that the stuff on bottom comes to top and the ice and water agitates to the bottom. The roundy roundy will come later but at first concentrate on moving the mix in a up to down motion as the trichomes break off and pass the screen they will naturally fall into the bottom of the bucket. As the ice breaks apart and you get more room you can increase the stirring action and really whip it up. This takes 6-8 minutes and it took a few batches before I could do it the entire time without a small break but you get used to it.

Stir Stir Stir for 5 minutes picking up speed, it will be foaming and this is when I shift into turbo stir really buffeting the mix around to maximize production.

When making multiple batches I just load the next as I press the last batch out.

I even re use the water and we save the left over leaf to use in butter making. Some people run there trim twice but the product you see in the finished pictures is what I’m after and nothing else!

Once the mix is stirred well I again allow it to sit for like 20 minutes and then I simply drain each bag starting with the 240.

The Clean Trichome latent water is then poured through the 120 bag. This is strained and folded into a triangle so the resin heads collect in one corner

The green water is then poured through the 73 Ui bag and the same process is repeated. Once more with the 25 Ui bag and then we collect the payoff with a spoon and place onto the pressing screen provided with the bags I desperately need a new one of these. Bubbleman?

So scooping it out and onto the screen we close the wet sand inside and press out the water with a paper towel. Once its really dry into the freezer it goes for about 30 minutes this allows easy removal from the pressing screen.

Now comes the fun part when we see what was made and start the drying process

I use wax paper even though Bubbleman prefers unpressed sand like hash to dry first. Since were making very small amounts I feel this works fine for us and it drys so fast there’s no worry of spoiling. I am generally to the dry and pealing stage in just 2-3 days.

The main difference is the time I stir it and the genetics I use.

I work with strains that have very large trichomes and the big thing is dont over work the mixing.

use fresh frozen leaf for sure.

Here are some of the key things I feel I do a bit different.

1. I only use fresh, wet, frozen sugar leaf. I use only plant matter that is encrusted in resin we toss all fan leaves etc. For best results include as much fluff(Encrusted lower popcorn buds) in with the trim.

2. I use a slotted spoon and hand stir for a maximum of 15 minutes. 8-10 minute batches are even better and higher quality.

3. Make sure to use bagged ice that’s broken into smaller pieces or flakes this will break off more heads.

4. Make smaller batches over larger ones. I prefer the 1 gallon bubble bags as I can place the ice water and weed mix in the refrigerator to pre chill. The colder the better

Words from subcool, i know you pothead will love it hehe

from:http: //www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26515

Peace!

been looking at the video, long video, but worth it i agree his hash looks good :)

And the freezing part seems pretty important in his recipe, so if i had to try the tech i would freeze it too ^^

But i'm a noobie ;)

I've done it! Fult melt bublbe hash! Sure the quantity goes a little down (i did a second batch that adds to that first one though) but damn i wouldnt exchange that caramel for a brick of my old sandy/greeny hash! Still got a lot to learn but i'm really proud with my work i'll try to post a pic as soon as possible, after trying the "gold" i've putted it in a jar for a few days of curing.

I might invest in better quality bags, i'm really impressed with what i've got but that hash making things just re-started the early flames i had when i started to grow, i'm really getting into this hehe plus smoking that amazing hash!

Thanks everyone that forum is the shit!

• Like 2

Go Ghostdog great that you did it,nice to hear you got a great quality.....and yes we love a picture....

Next week or this weekend we going to make some nice oil...hmmmmm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen some in documentaries already, they do look awesome!! the one i had saw was just a little smaller and blue instead of red.

But anyway those bubble machine i think must be really good for making hash. They would make a Gobru happy i'm sure ^^

If you buy it man make sure to show it to us :D

Well as far as I know Hazes and most sativas are not that good for hash production , maybe vthe form of the trichomes or siomething else in the genetics, that makes them best suited for bud production and as marihuana. When you do get a real natural sativa hash like in kashmir or Shebhang you know the difference in potency and head high from the Indica hash made nearby, even if it is just as shiny sticky and perfect the sativa hash will really freak you out, if you are not used to smoking it. it is like LSD imo.

Regarding the sandy hash, Why don't you try to press like moroccan pollen ? Back in the days sometimes the hash was sold unpressed and i just heated a tea bowl with water and put the weed in plastic and wrapped that up in a wet + a dry piece of cloth, the press it. before it was useless, next was a nice shiny plate of hash, depending on the amount of pressure it gets dargk grrebn + shiny under the plastic and you can bend the plates. With just manual pressing the plates looked like commercial quality, but smoked already pretty good. I am not sure if the same is true for the bubble sandy hash but why not try it out ?

i can only imagine how super potent amnesia Haze or super Lemon Ics hash will be ?

When you get all those different qualities why not make a blend of it and press that up ?

Just saying.... not experienced in those modern hash home making processes - just ordered a pollen shaker - hash maker..

How do you operate that ?

Put buds inside or frosty leaves ?

@ Dust and Tokage That would make me very happy.

@ Bam-bhole. I love to make hasj from sativa, I love the taste, smell and effects..I made a blend from the different strains...the shaker fill it up with dry trim and buds and shake it for a min of 5...

very nice amount of trim indeed, very soon mine will make some hash too, but i don't have the machine ^^

Don't forget to take us pics ;)

Have a good hash making, ( and very nice new prfile pic ;) )