Sagada, Bukidnon and New Bataan, Philippines

Hi guys..Am a newbie here, from the Philippines

the best Marijuana in Northern Philippines (Luzon Island) we call the "Sagada Gold". About 14 hour drive from the capital to the mountains of Sagada. From the previous generations, everyone who smokes weed know sagada gold so must be some very old strains worth preserving.

In the South of Philippines(Mindanao Island) the best weed we fondly call "White Pudding" (very sticky) comes from the Bukidnon Mountains a six hour drive from either Cagayan de oro City or Davao City.

Also worth mentioning is a strain we call "pita" (mud) for its dark coloration and stickiness from New Bataan, Compostela Valley.

As far as i know we have not mapped our genetics here in the Philippines. Hope you guys can preserve our strains since our government do not care, our war on drugs made it that way.

hope to hear from you.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

cool thread. i saw your episodes recently and thought of the places valerius is talking about up north as well, not bukidnon. i am a a foreigner living in the mountains for over a year and know where the sources are, and connections etc. if you plan on going to the northern luzon areas plz message me =)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys i ran across this thread and its funny, the profile picture i have is me earlier this year somewhere in the mountain regions of CEBU! I was hired as a photographer and got the chance to do my own expeditions and try various types of strains..from the crappiest rip offs to full branches hand given to me by the growers cuzin.Unfortunately i wasnt able to see the plantations on the mountain region. the day i went up there according to his other family members his couzin wasnt home nd he would have had to kill my friend if he knew he walked in the field without permission. i will try to go asap to have a look at that "ganjah mountain" he was talking about my mission is to collect, and try strains i never thought i would. good luck strain hunters! ill be tuned!

• 1 month later...

there is the SAGADA gold and there is Baguio Gold. both sativas. I have tasted Baguio gold bud (which had me talking in slow motion) and sagada Hash (very fragrant sativa hash, hand rubbed). Baguio gold is still my preferred choice. but mind you i think the cannabis plant was brought here from Thailand if im not mistaken.

down central Philippines is CEBU. there are guerilla farmers there in the small farming town of Balamban. this is where most of central Philippines gets most of the weed. Philippine weed is Mostly Sativas.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello guys,

I'm also a newbie here in this website. I was browsing online for the best weed in the Philippines and I landed on this blog. I can say that I've been a smoker for a while now and I'm intrigue if we really have a strain here in the PH. I was able to grow 7 6" ft tall plants a couple of years ago in a water pale at the back of my house, but i never saw the buds being at least close to the quality of the foreign buds online.. I just tried if the plant can survive in the heat of Metro Manila. And It did! but the buds are not that thick and big. The aroma of my plants in the morning relaxes every inch of body when I had those plants. too bad that I had to stop planting when my first born came into my life.

Right now, I'm a full time dad on the day and I work in a call center at night. I still smoke weed every morning when I get home from the office. I consider this as my reward for working hard and being a great husband and father. :) I'm planning to start and plant again by 2014. this time I'm looking at options for ordering seeds online. and of course, this time, I'll be giving more effort on taking care of the plant.

well, this is my small intro for now. hope to meet good friends here. take care mga pare!

• 3 months later...

good day fam! Im JD, newbie here in the site. I've been curious for the best weed in the country for the past few weeks and it brought me here to the forum. sa mga Pinoy toker jan. Please educate me about the famous BAGUIO GOLD. thanks! peace out

• 2 weeks later...

. good day, also newbie here in the forum, i'm also interested to taste that baguio gold. i am new when it comes to smoking weed, please tell me where can i have one, contact me. sa mga pinoy toker's tips naman po dyan papano maka score ng good quality strain? like sagada or baguio gold. dito kasi samin sa pampanga, you need to smoke at least two joints to be high. as in weed that i have here is dark brown like tobacco. :( i want to try some of those gold's there, just pm me. thanks ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

hi guys.. its been two years since i started this thread.. wow! hahaha.. gathering info on how to grow sativas and i stumbled upon a thread i started..LOL.. got some really good seeds (actually the best i ever tasted from our local ganja. very fruity, mangoish kind of smell mixed with mint. Dark brown and very sticky.)  high is very cerebral, active but will give anxiety and paranoia if you don't know your dosage. So i decided to do my own grow from these seeds...wish me luck guys

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...