Egypt: Sinai (Red Sea)

Hi everyone,

Due to the work of my parents, we moved from Austria to Egypt where i visited the School there (British School). During my stay there i faced lot of adventures and new things which u only find in egypt. The climate is perfect for the cultivation of Cannabis for almost the whole year even a better climate than Marroco. Hash smoking is an important part in the egyptian culture and social life, you will find after work all kind of people (educated or non educated) are gathering to smoke Hashish, drinking tea and playing 3ud (music). My Father was always telling me stories in the 60 th and 70th you could get and smoke the best hash in coffeeshops ( kahwa) and there you meet Doctors, Lawyers, simple workers, Uni students were sitting together making jokes, talking about politics and smoking hash through pipes. A very social drug which is very much appreciated and very tolerated unlike alcohol which is not so much tolerated by the egyptian public. I visited in the red sea many hanf plantations and talked with the bedouins there who are very proud people and very hospitable and welcoming if they trust you. But unfortunately most of the farmers are uneducated and don't grow proper like isolating the males from the females, different pheno types, the nutrients all that make a huge difference in quality. Once i gave a farmer some feminized seeds (Super Lemon Haze) and some nutrients (PK 13/14, Canna tera flores), after few month i smoked that shit and it was one of the best weed and hashish i ever smoked so an intense aroma and the trichomes were big almost like grapes under the micro, the egyptian sun makes it possible to push the planet towards its maximum starting from the aroma to the potency, just incredible. The weed from Sinai is very very special although the farmers or growers have lake of knowledge. Everyone desribed Sinai as the land of the prophets because most of the prophets passed it.Sinai was the place in which Moses had spoken to God and divided the red sea by his stick, also Ibrahim had crossed it as well as Jesus and Maria. I'm not religious but you feel that this place is kind of holy and very special. Everytime i smoke in sinai weed or hash i got a new experience strating from the taste and aroma (earthy, woody, mango(most common), grapy) to the high ( a very heady high more sativa than indica). I built with the Bedouins a very good relationship and they treated me as a brother as i look very european and speak perfect arabic and that amazed them so much so they treated me like a family member and will even protect you with their lives when necessary,a very proud and independent folk.

• Like 5

Awesome infos man, it must have been a great experience to live other there, traveling when you're young is almost always a good experience ^^

Thanks for sharing this with us, sounds like a very nice place to go hunting :)

Thanx man, its a definitly good place for hunting because unlike Marroco the egyptian landraces aren't crossed with the paki or afghani landraces, so u may discover some pure egyptian landraces, i wish strain hunters all the luck of this world cuz they are doing a great job not just introducing new strains but also bringing the cultures closer and helping people understand each other better. Peace upon you

• Like 1

hey Tokage, it will be great if one day we r going to meet for a nice J, i am looking forward to attend the 25 th Cannabis Cup this year in Amsterdam, so may be we are going to meet. To Mopman Dahab is coolll but why u got stuck there? i hope not because of the flood, cheers guys

Yeah! Egypt is the one place where the society is really soaked in pot! Everyone seems to smoke - even some of the Imams lol! Legend has it that the great Quran reciter AbdulBasit AbduSamad had to take some tokes in order to read in that very special manner of his ...

If you know arabic you might appreciate this, hilarious:

• Like 3

What he's saying is basically that this is the first time in Egyptian history that there is a hashish "crises" ie. no hashish available on the market. Then they go on commenting various hashes, Moroccan and Beka'an (Lebanese) being the best, lol. He says that the government has to adress this "very serious" problem, hashish is just as important as rice in the house. (can't understand all the dialect)

My friends in egypt told me that one of the reasons why people made revolution because of the Hash crises and many people got angry, hehehe

Offcourse its not true but the value of Hashish is very high in the egyptian socity that even some Imams (islamic priesters) say that alcohol is forbidden(haram) while hash is not forbidden

• Like 1

There's a funny novel by egyptian author Khayri Shalabi (passed away last year) translated into english as "the Hashish waiter", you guys would enjoy it. The original version is named "Saleh Haysah", and the story takes place at one of Cairo's many hash dens. Interesting as well as a funny read.

I don't doubt a prolonged hash crisis in Egypt could cause a revolution =)

Yeah, hash is not like alcohol, even those who consider it bad don't consider it as bad as alcohol. You rarely do anything stupid while stoned as you do while drunk.

• Like 1

I'm from the land of the "khawaagah" but have been living in the middle east for quite some time, thus I know Arabic and the culture. There is no real "legalize it" movement in the middle east. Even though people like to toke, they're not really pushing governments to change the laws (which - as you might have noticed - could be not just hard but also a dangerous thing in those countries). It's interesting to notice that despite draconian law, cannabis has maintained great popularity amongst the people in the middle east. Occasionally cannabis has been fought even harder than alcohol - which is explicitly prohibited by Islam. The medieval historian al-Maqrizi relates the story of an Egytian sultan who issued a very severe punishment for hashish eaters: they were to get their teeth pulled out. Nevertheless hashish remained popular. People might be ashamed of admitting they've been drinking, but hash doesn't carry the same stigma. At least not in Egypt. Consumtion has to be record high in the middle east. When they bust smugglers it's usually a couple of tons they sieze. Recently I heard about a 6 ton bust in Saudi Arabia, that says something about the consumtion. In my european home country a couple of hundred kilos would be defined as a "big bust".

• Like 2

haha nice video, narguile are cool i often smoke some with my friends, and they make such a big fat smoke always impressive to breath out all that smoke :)

Last time we added some Sugar leaves of weed, and some salvia leaves too lol, more a little more fun ^^

• 5 months later...

Hello Guys, Since we have a couple of Egyptians I would like to add my self as well. I am growing my Sativa's that I bought from different plants in Sinai. I would like to expand your view towards Sinai and also I would like to inform you that Sinai is the land where it was never contaminated with different characteristics from a different strain or a landrace.

It's a Sativa and it's a pure and dominant strain full of a great characteristics that by breeding with different strains I am sure will be mind blasting but of course there is no such opportunity for doing such a thing in here except I am only growing not looking for breeding now. I got a couple of seeds I bought from Green House, while I was back in Amsterdam early this ear.

I would like to share with you this movie Enjoy guys

• Like 3

Hello Tokage,

I am glad u enjoyed the video, will be looking for bigger videos for future postings.

As u saw they were addicted to drink opium with tea as a result of that they can work very hard with extra working hours, I find it hard as well. On the other hand in Afghanistan they use a piece of wood that includes 3 inlined razors builtin to make the job easier. Imagine giving them this idea it will reduce the job to 66% of the total time.

I never tried opium but a friend of mine does. He is super hyper active.

Peace.

I am glad u liked the video belloelshares. A friend of mine was working in Dahab as a diver he told me once in a sunrise safari in the dessert the army was burning huge fields in the way and the smell was very potent as he described.

I will go to Dahab and Sharm El Shiekh in the New year's, hunting the fresh harvest as they are these days. Hoping I can find a decent farm to visit.