Egypt: Sinai (Red Sea)

I wish u a nice trip man, the problem nowadays are very bad cuz there is a huge military operation in North of Sinai and many growers escaped , but in Dahab the world is always ok ;). If u are in Dahab go to Muhammad ali camp and go ask for Omar Jackson :), he is a crazy rasta bedouin who can help u in visiting some Farms :)

Hello belloelshares, Last time I visited Dahab was in 2005 I stayed in Mohamed Ali Camp 2nd floor and I used to have a mobile number for someone worked there, But I lost my phone with his number stored in it. I am not sure if it's him or not, but thanks anyways for the tip, appreciate it.

• Like 1

This must be the hottest future destination thread! Greenhouse mustn't miss the Sinai penisula! So close to Europe too... Anyway, I'm actually surprised the army even bothers to seize the fields. With all the economical problems in Egypt nowdays cannabis shouldn't be such a priority for them, rather they should see it as a solution perhaps... even heard the Azhar university was doing some research on medical cannabis - a light at the end of the tunnel? Would be cool to see a future 'sufi' seed company...

• Like 1

I was surprised the other day when I found about the Azhar researches about introducing Medicinal Marijuana to Liver patients as treatment, but I doubt it will be similar to any dispenseries scene over USA or coffee shops like Netherlands. But it's still a huge move regarding the Cannabis scene in Egypt. For the army I am not sure why they are fighting in Sinai as I find the Bedouins are highly armored related to army in these area's as per camp David agreement our Egyptian army shouldn't be heavily armored in upper Sinai. But as you know political dumb punks.

Sure, it will never become like in the States where u can get it prescribed for more or less any symptoms (if now that is good?). But still it's a move. The issue have been dealt with centuries ago within Islamic literaure, many Imams have licensed the use of hashish for medical conditions, and the sufis for ritualistic purposes...

• 1 year later...

Egypt should be also on the top list , such as China... There is such an history since 3000 or 5000 years old, or even longer relating to the plant. And imagine the landscape, temples and everything on the film! I just see the picture.