Himalayan Gold in the mountains

Sam_0631small.jpg

Himalayan Gold in her 8th week of flowering. She's been under a 120 w LED for the last 10 weeks total. It was a beautiful day, so I took her outside for a few hours. She should get to see the real sun before she goes ;)

She's 2' tall, 18" cola, and a 6' cola. I had to keep her short, but she looks and smells beautiful.

I live in the mountains, 6000', so we have a really short summer, hopefully I can grow a few full size ladies out side this summer.

• Like 1

Guest samuelo
she is looking really sweet jay - she looks at home outside - good luck with your outdoor grow

you lucky guy up there in the cali mountains :crown:

I am very lucky, but I also have a lot of wild animals to deal with. In teh summer water is in short supply for the animals, so they go after my plants. Last year, the only way to get them to leave my plants alone was to put out a bucket of water for them ;)

I had a family of Racoons living under my house. I never would have known but they went after some burgers I was grilling out back. I went in the house and when I came out there was a mother and 4 babies half way up a tree next to my grill.

After that I noticed they were going after my water supply. I fought with them for a few weeks, then realized, well, if all they want is water, I'll give them their own.

Problem solved ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, for the real test, one must smoke the bud.

It's dry, and curing, so this is an early take on the quality.

Over view:

I was drawn to Himalayan Gold because I grow in the mountains, and had dreams of growing her on my back deck this summer. I grew one seed out to see how it would do inside under lights, and took a few cuttings.

1.) the smell is pure citrus which was very surprising. It actual is more citrus than any lemon I have grown.

2.) I suffer from a few slipped disks in my back. When my back goes out, I am on the couch for good. I can hardly stand. This bud has been great for pain. It takes the edge off like no amount of Kush has.

3.) The stone lasts a few hours, and is very mellow. Not couch locked, though if you are (as I am with my back) it makes the couch a much nicer place to be ;)

4.) I feel totally relaxed, and my pain is dulled.

Over all I am over the top on this plant. It is much better than I assumed, especially compared to some of the better named bud. This is the first Greenhouse plant that I have smoked, my Super Lemon Haze is a few weeks out, and I am pleasantly surprised.

I will be a repeat Himalayan grower!!!

And smoker ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Jay, nice report man sorry to hear about the back pain, the only pain i seem to have is in my arse from the Mrs bitching lol :) Am going to be doing the Himalaya gold indoors soon so am glad to come across your Thread.

Have you seen the GHS Youtube vid of this strain. Is the branching the same as in the vid can they really compete with the main cola. They seem like yeilders but am surprised to hear you say they have a citrus smell??? Crazy

Peace

The resulting bud's smell was a big surprise to me too!

My first HG grow was in a small area, I have one in a larger grow area, and it seems to be a very pretty plant. Not sure about the other arms challenging the main cola like in the video, but we shall see...

Hey Jay those raccoons can carry rabies and can be extremly vicious. They can also make a mess of your foundation. In my area we are encouraged to get rid of these animals. It might sound cruel but if you've seen what they can do to small dogs and even people you'll understand. A few rounds from a .22 LR will humanely dispatch the animals. Before anyone statrs getting angry about this comment, if you've ever seen a dog that has rabies or known someone who had to get the rabies shot because they were attacked and the pain they went through you would think the exact same way.

Guest superbluehaze

Hi Jay,

Good on you, my friend. she is thick and sticky, and little stem.

great job, WELL DONE!

happy harvest,

john

very very nice bud you have there my friend. would you be able to maybe add your plant and bud photo to my thead "creme de la creme" cannabis photos ... i think it would be a great add to it and i havent got any pics of yours in there yet :) here is a link if you would like to do that .... http://www.strainhunters.com/portal/node/2430

thanks and keep up the great work

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

That Himalyah Gold is indeed nice to grow and a rare relieve to all those strong hitting strains, that make you get out of your mind for hours. This lasts just as long but the nice mild high is something that seems to get extinct on the quest to higher potency strains; which i think is not the right direction - why not grow both ? A milder weed for the daytime and a harder hitter for the night ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...