GHS powDer feeding (mostly indica) + 4x Sweet Mango Auto + 2x Bubble Gum

superduper77

And if you put let's say a quarter of RO water and the other 3 Quarter of hard water maybe you can manage to get it down to 0,7?

I don't know at what limit the hard water can not be used any more in plants watering, but damn 1,3 and it is drinkable?

• Like 1

Aloha Superduper 77, It is nice to see you DIY from raw salts your own nutrient formulas. I looked at your Exodus Cheeze grow and wondered if you kept the 20.5 PPM of NH4 Nitrogen during the entire grow period or did you decrease it during the blooming stage? I am looking forward to this hydroponic set up and your experiments with RO water and the Indica Powderfeeing formulas. Is your new system drain to waste, or will you be recycling the nutrients?

And if you put let's say a quarter of RO water and the other 3 Quarter of hard water maybe you can manage to get it down to 0,7?

I don't know at what limit the hard water can not be used any more in plants watering, but damn 1,3 and it is drinkable?

I scared to wash myself with this water , and i also scared to give it to my babies. Also i dont like to grow when i don`t know what elemets are in water. Drinkable ? I drink it for 20+ years until i buy EC meter :(

Aloha Superduper 77, It is nice to see you DIY from raw salts your own nutrient formulas. I looked at your Exodus Cheeze grow and wondered if you kept the 20.5 PPM of NH4 Nitrogen during the entire grow period or did you decrease it during the blooming stage? I am looking forward to this hydroponic set up and your experiments with RO water and the Indica Powderfeeing formulas. Is your new system drain to waste, or will you be recycling the nutrients?

Here is the rule for NH4 - it must be not more then 15% of total nitrogen. NH2 is forbidden here for hydroponics

I have close-to-classic NFT system

nft-hydroponic-system1.gif

ps i think i`ll ask admin to move my thread to seed test section becouse i have a problems when i diluted tap water with RO water to EC=0.7

I scared to wash myself with this water , and i also scared to give it to my babies. Also i dont like to grow when i don`t know what elemets are in water

Here is the rule for NH4 - it must be not more then 15% of total nitrogen. NH2 is forbidden here for hydroponics

I have close-to-classic NFT system

nft-hydroponic-system1.gif

ps i think i`ll ask admin to move my thread to seed test section becouse i have a problems when i diluted tap water with RO water to EC=0.7

Aloha, Superduper 77, Here in Hawaii on the Big Island our tap water is .3 EC and the majority of people buy bottled water at the store. In the areas with high rainfall it is common to have catchment tanks to collect water off the greenhouse roof to use. If you look at what was standard concerning NH4 Nitrogen levels in hydroponics the Ammonium was used as a pH control in small amounts of 4% to 13%. Looking at the new Powderfeeding formulas the levels are higher with Indica 31%, Hybrids 33%, Sativa 44%, and the Mother Plant formula contains 45% of it's Nitrogen in the NH4 form. I was thinking a Calcium level of 80 to 120 PPM in the grow stage with a decrease of 20% in the bloom stage would be a good place to target Ca levels. The trend here for recycleing hydroponic systems in the USA is high flow RDWC undercurrent in 49 liter containers connected with 75 mm pipes using 128 PPM Nitrogen, 55 PPM Phosphorus, 199 PPM Potassium, 108 PPM Calcium, 36 PPM Magnesium, 47 Sulfur, with micronutrient levels of 2 PPM Fe, .68 PPM Mn, .35 PPM B, .2 PPM Zn. .05 PPM Cu, .05 PPM Mo., at an EC of .8 to 1.2. The nutrient solution is cooled to keep it at 20 C to prevent root problems.

Aloha, Superduper 77, Here in Hawaii on the Big Island our tap water is .3 EC and the majority of people buy bottled water at the store. In the areas with high rainfall it is common to have catchment tanks to collect water off the greenhouse roof to use. If you look at what was standard concerning NH4 Nitrogen levels in hydroponics the Ammonium was used as a pH control in small amounts of 4% to 13%. Looking at the new Powderfeeding formulas the levels are higher with Indica 31%, Hybrids 33%, Sativa 44%, and the Mother Plant formula contains 45% of it's Nitrogen in the NH4 form. I was thinking a Calcium level of 80 to 120 PPM in the grow stage with a decrease of 20% in the bloom stage would be a good place to target Ca levels. The trend here for recycleing hydroponic systems in the USA is high flow RDWC undercurrent in 49 liter containers connected with 75 mm pipes using 128 PPM Nitrogen, 55 PPM Phosphorus, 199 PPM Potassium, 108 PPM Calcium, 36 PPM Magnesium, 47 Sulfur, with micronutrient levels of 2 PPM Fe, .68 PPM Mn, .35 PPM B, .2 PPM Zn. .05 PPM Cu, .05 PPM Mo., at an EC of .8 to 1.2. The nutrient solution is cooled to keep it at 20 C to prevent root problems.

Aloha :) I am very pleased that you share your knowledge , go on do not be shy. there is the question - is this the formula for the complete cycle ?

i use this formula for vegg on coco and it almost perfect

Aloha :) I am very pleased that you share your knowledge , go on do not be shy. there is the question - is this the formula for the complete cycle ?

i use this formula for vegg on coco and it almost perfect post-6079-0-22000400-1358016108.png

Aloha Superduper, The formula is for the bloom stage using a little more P & K 10 to 15 PPM in peak flower time (weeks 4 to 5) on most varieties. It is nice to see new nutrient formulation software as I have been using the Nutron 2000 program for 14 years now to do my number crunching. Before Nutron we did it all using hand held calculators starting in 1985 using Cees Sonneveld's green book formulas with a little help from Ben Dronker at Sensi Seed who made you send a water sample anyalsis before he would give you his rockwool formula. You should make an effort to send your tap water to a lab and have it tested so you know exactly what you are dealing with. Here in Hawaii County the Water Dept. sends out a report every year telling people what is in our water. The grow formula for the undercurrent systems is 164 PPM Nitrogen, 36 PPM Phosphorous, 134 PPM Potassium, 166 PPM Calcium, 36 PPM Magnesium, 47 PPM Sulfur, and the same micros as in the bloom formula.

yeah i understand that you don't wanna drink it. maybe you can get some info from your country weither it is good for plants or not in food plant watering maybe?

Send me a pm if you wanna move the thread anytime ;)

Cheers those roots are damn happy!

Question: How hard is it to clean a system like that. Inside the pipes?

Aloha Tokage, I used bleach at about a 2% -5% concentration to kill off all the bad things growing in a hydro system during crop changes when the system is empty. Make sure to flush out the bleach with ample amounts of fresh water before putting plants back in the system. You can also use H2O2 but bleach is cheaper.

• Like 1

as you cook your nutes why you don't add some calcium in your powder mix? not possible maybe?

i have calcium nitrate , if i add i ll have nitrogen overdose . And i have brexil Ca but its foliar feeding and it have borum=3% , so it will grant me borum overdose. BTW pwoder miss magnesium and sulphur in my case ... or maybe i`m paranoic :)

i ll try hawaiian formula and see if it helps

i believe you ^^ i am yet not very familiar with all the diferent forms of all the nutrients, have basics knowledge so i understand what you mean, prefer ask and have a good answer than not ask and maybe miss something :)

Well yeah definitly the girls must miss a little Mg too as you're using RO water, franco advised to use some Cal/mag bottles when you use RO or rainwater with powderfeeding. Hope your formula will get those girls on track ;)

Good luck

Aloha Superduper 77, The Powderfeeding formulas have differing rates for Magnesium for Indica 2% or 20PPM, Hybrids 3.6% or 36 PPM, Sativa & Mother plants 1.2% or 12 PPM, using the Powderfeeds at 1 gram per liter. Looking at your plants the problem seems to be on the lower leaves and looks like a Magnesium problem which can be caused by too much Calcium, NH4 Nitrogen, drought stress or a lack of Magnesium. Did the problem start after you foliar feed the calcium? If the temperatures are low NH4 tends to be more of a problem than during the summer months when it is easier for the plants to take it up. Water culture is more precise than using a buffered substrate like coco coir until you get it dialed in to the growing enviornment and some strains are more of a nutrient hog than others.

• Like 1