GHS powDer feeding (mostly indica) + 4x Sweet Mango Auto + 2x Bubble Gum

superduper77

I just love how it "sounds" when you greet people. Aloha

:)

Good answer. I was thinking it must be hell to unscrew those pipes every time to make clean.

I also use H2O2 for the hydro but never thought it would work in a system like that.

I also never thought about using bleach. How harmful is that for your plants if you mix it wrong and how dangerous is it to spill on cloths, floor and hands? I know that H2O2 have killed many pair of jeans for me. Looks like battery acid and create huge holes.

Aloha Tokage, It has been an odd day here in the land of Aloha. This morning we had wind from the West and it was cooler coming from the higher elevations, then the wind changed and we had heavy warm tropical rain for two hours, and now it is bright sunshine and 30 degrees with dark black clouds heading in off the Blue Pacific Ocean. With bleach you have to be careful some people run what they call a dead res with .5 to 1 PPM in the nutrient solution to combat root rot problems ( 1 ml in 30 liters of nutrient solution). For clean up the rates are much higher and never used with plants in the hydroponic system.

i alway like when you talk about nutes :)

Aloha Dust, I have been playing around with nutrient solutions for over 40 years now. If you get the chance to talk to Franco or Arjan it would be nice to know if the research they did showed Indica strains required three times more Magnesium than Sativas, and 1.8 times more than Hybrids ? It would be interesting to find out what the calculation was concerning Calcium, Magnesium, and Sulphur, for the .7 EC water so people using RO or soft water like in Seattle and Vancouver have a general idea of the target levels. Looking at what Jimmy is doing with his Waterfarms using Powderfeeding and soft water has been interesting to see. Leonard's rockwool grow with added calmag is doing very well too.

Hey man, it happens i have a .7 water at tap, i checked my water datas for you if it can help you, i got an average of 285 mg/L of Calcium in my water it seems.. if i understood the thing corectly lol ^^

Looking at your plants the problem seems to be on the lower leaves and looks like a Magnesium problem which can be caused by too much Calcium, NH4 Nitrogen, drought stress or a lack of Magnesium. Did the problem start after you foliar feed the calcium? If the temperatures are low NH4 tends to be more of a problem than during the summer months when it is easier for the plants to take it up. Water culture is more precise than using a buffered substrate like coco coir until you get it dialed in to the growing enviornment and some strains are more of a nutrient hog than others.

Aloha:)

The problem start with orange spots on the lower leaves. I`m 100% sure that was the calcium deficiency , cuz i had i it before. Then i do foliar feeding with 1.5 gr per litre of magnesium sulphate + 1.5 g/l of Brexil Ca . Temp is 28 day / 22 night. And 1 more thing - only 2 plants are affected by this. I got one more thing to say - i have filter in my water pump , and it get very dirty so water flow inside system was very weak :( i think it was main promleb for my girls - plants that are furthest from pump suffered greatly. Now i check water flow every time i get close to them :) and i ll buy uninterruptible power supply for pump

And good news is that all 4 Sweet Mango Auto show stigmas and getting to start flower ... day 26 from seed . photoperiod 18/6

• Like 1

i need something better than iphone to make photos

Day 26 from seed , temp 27/21 , temp of water 21.5, PH 5.9 , EC 1.2 . I add air stone to prevent problems

1. Group photo

post-6079-0-92513000-1358632006.jpg

2. Bubble Gum

post-6079-0-71054800-1358632011.jpg

3. SMA

post-6079-0-12881400-1358632015.jpg

4. SMA

post-6079-0-33383300-1358632018.jpg

6. SMA

post-6079-0-25560500-1358632022.jpg

7. Bubble Gum , this one have small roots but soon it will explode :) i hope

post-6079-0-30723500-1358632026.jpg

8. Calcium deficiency on SMA

post-6079-0-69281800-1358632029.jpg

9. SMA

post-6079-0-93948200-1358632032.jpg

• Like 1

Hey man, it happens i have a .7 water at tap, i checked my water datas for you if it can help you, i got an average of 285 mg/L of Calcium in my water it seems.. if i understood the thing corectly lol ^^

Aloha Dust, The 285 PPM of Calcium seems way too high are you sure they are not listing total akailinity? Here is my water from a well from a few years ago EC .36, Alkalinity 107 PPM, Calcium 31 PPM, Magnesium 22 PPM. Here is what we got after we drilled a new well that was deeper. EC .12, Alkalinity 90 PPM, Calcium 15 PPM, Magnesium 8 PPM. I am wondering if the Magnesium levels in the Amsterdam water are through the roof like the Calcium levels or are they similar to what well water from Western Washington State when one doubles the .36 EC well water?

well yeah it might a global measure cause usually i find more details in my previous houses on what's in my water, this one was pretty cheap.. i'll try to dig a little more see if i can find more details

Superduper77, It looks like you are getting them dialed in and the new growth is looking real impressive. Do you have enough room to grow them 1.5 meters plus and get some monster sized buds? NFT will produce amazing results if you keep the right conditions for optimal growth.

good i see they even started flowering :D

Any better on the leaves since you switched? new growth surely looks good ^^

Have a good grow

ty m8

On first photo u can see most affected bubble gum - new leaves on it dont have problems at all (160ppm of calcium does the job)

Superduper77, It looks like you are getting them dialed in and the new growth is looking real impressive. Do you have enough room to grow them 1.5 meters plus and get some monster sized buds? NFT will produce amazing results if you keep the right conditions for optimal growth.

Aloha , thank you for u`r grow formula it works great as u can see on photos. My plan is to switch to 12/12 only not earlier when i harvest auto-flowers , and yes i have 1.5 meters and yes again, monster buds is my style :)

• Like 1

Superduper77: Man they look 100x better in normal light. I been waiting for you to show them up in splendour.

Everything seem good and they can only go one way from here....UP :P

Man light is the same - camera is different , iphone 4s vs nikon d5100 in RAW (so i can edit white balance on my PC and u can see correct colors). I hope Jah will hear you kind words and let my babies make me happy :) Don`t forget i have 2 regular Bubble Gums ... they can be males ...

Aloha Superduper 77, With monster buds in NFT you have to make sure they are well supported with a easy to use system to hold the buds upright so they do not fall over. I found after years of using stakes, yo-yo clips, and fishnetting, a strong heavy duty metal mesh turned out to be an ideal method that will last forever, if painted white reflects light, and will hold up 100 to 200+ gram buds with no problem. Here is a youtube video showing the wire mesh that we painted white and supported from overhead hooks or a PVC frame from below.

Update day 32 from seed . Here group photo

post-6079-0-33445000-1359211692.jpg

And sweet mango`s photos

post-6079-0-44981800-1359211696.jpgpost-6079-0-01107700-1359211699.jpgpost-6079-0-14388900-1359211701.jpgpost-6079-0-99096700-1359211702.jpgpost-6079-0-27090300-1359211705.jpg

I changed nutes cuz BG show some troubles . I think it`s because i didn`t refresh my solution so magnesium and phosphorus ... photos below

post-6079-0-56101700-1359211938.jpgpost-6079-0-50283400-1359211941.jpgpost-6079-0-49191300-1359211946.jpgpost-6079-0-87115800-1359211948.jpgpost-6079-0-47737600-1359211952.jpg

As u can see on photos only Bubble Gum`s are affected , SMA are ok

ps good news here - biggest BG show stigmas

post-6079-0-81947600-1359211943.jpg

rofl what hapened in there? did youswitch the girls by older girl to make us a joke?

Damn nice growth since last time they must have bounced back from your def seeing how they grow lol, leaves are still sick i see but those that were there will never heal anyway i think. Are those new touched leaves or the old ones?

Thanks for the news man looks great in real light :)

Aloha Superduper 77, The plants are taking off! Depending on the strain a dialed in NFT system can get growth rates of 5-10 cm a day. It is a good idea to check things out when the lights come on and right before they go out to monitor the amount of nutrient solution used and if the EC & pH are going up or down. Another trick with recycling system is using nylon stockings as a screen filter to keep things from the growing tubes out of your tank and pump.

leaves are still sick i see but those that were there will never heal anyway i think. Are those new touched leaves or the old ones?

Most sick leaves are exposed to direct light , so i think that is magnesium problem ... and yes both new and old one leaves are affected

Aloha Superduper 77, The plants are taking off! Depending on the strain a dialed in NFT system can get growth rates of 5-10 cm a day. It is a good idea to check things out when the lights come on and right before they go out to monitor the amount of nutrient solution used and if the EC & pH are going up or down. Another trick with recycling system is using nylon stockings as a screen filter to keep things from the growing tubes out of your tank and pump.

Aloha oldemarine , i check EC and PH daily ... yesterday i cook new solution EC=1.10 PH=5.7 ... today EC= 1.12 PH=5.5 , so i raised ph to 5.8

• Like 1

Aloha Superduper 77, Looking at the plants and knowing that Potassium use is far higher than Magnesium in Cannabis it seems to me the BG may be using more than the other strain.I was wondering how many liters of nutrient does the system hold? How often are you dumping the old nutrient solution and adding fresh? When the plants are in a fast growth stage this should be once a week at a minimum. Here is a general guideline on nutrient problems.

1) If the problem affects only the bottom or middle of the plant go to #2. B) If it affects only the top of the plant or the growing tips, skip to #10. If the problem seems to affect the entire plant equally, skip to #6.

2) Leaves are a uniform yellow or light green; leaves die & drop; growth is slow. Leaf margins are not curled-up noticeably. >> Nitrogen(N) deficiency. B) If not, go to #3.

3) Margins of the leaves are turned up, and the tips may be twisted. Leaves are yellowing (and may turn brown), but the veins remain somewhat green. >> Magnesium (Mg) deficiency. B) If not, go to #4.

4) Leaves are browning or yellowing. Yellow, brown, or necrotic (dead) patches, especially around the edges of the leaf, which may be curled. Plant may be too tall. >> Potassium (K) deficiency. B) If not, keep reading.

5) Leaves are dark green or red/purple. Stems and petioles may have purple & red on them. Leaves may turn yellow or curl under. Leaf may drop easily. Growth may be slow and leaves may be small. >> Phosphorus(P) deficiency. B) If not, go to #6.

6) Tips of leaves are yellow, brown, or dead. Plant otherwise looks healthy & green. Stems may be soft >> Over-fertilization (especially N), over-watering, damaged roots, or insufficient soil aeration (use more sand or perlite. Occasionally due to not enough N, P, or K. B) If not, go to #7.

7) Leaves are curled under like a ram's horn, and are dark green, gray, brown, or gold. >> Over-fertilization (too much N). B) If not, go to #8…

8) The plant is wilted, even though the soil is moist. >> Over-fertilization, soggy soil, damaged roots, disease; copper deficiency (very unlikely). B) If not, go to #9.

9) Plants won't flower, even though they get 12 hours of darkness for over 2 weeks. >> The night period is not completely dark. Too much nitrogen. Too much pruning or cloning. B) If not, go to #10...

10) Leaves are yellow or white, but the veins are mostly green. >> Iron (Fe) deficiency. B) If not, go to #11.

11) Leaves are light green or yellow beginning at the base, while the leaf margins remain green. Necrotic spots may be between veins. Leaves are not twisted. >> Manganese (Mn) deficiency. B) If not, #12.

12) Leaves are twisted. Otherwise, pretty much like #11. >> Zinc (Zn) deficiency. B) If not, #13.

13) Leaves twist, then turn brown or die. >> The lights are too close to the plant. Rarely, a Calcium (Ca) or Boron (B) deficiency. B) If not… You may just have a weak plant.

Ec is a bit low. Judging those leafs she wants more of something and not less?

Tokage, With high flow water culture systems (supercharged waterfarms) with large pumps that circulate the nutrients x-20 to x-30 times an hour using a 1/2 strength .8 to 1.2 EC has worked well. With drain to waste 1.6 to 2.2 EC has been normal with these high flow systems having a lower EC means the plants can pick up what they need at a faster rate.

Aloha Superduper 77, Looking at the plants and knowing that Potassium use is far higher than Magnesium in Cannabis it seems to me the BG may be using more than the other strain.I was wondering how many liters of nutrient does the system hold? How often are you dumping the old nutrient solution and adding fresh? When the plants are in a fast growth stage this should be once a week at a minimum. Here is a general guideline on nutrient problems.

Aloha oldemarine !

If leaves on direct light are affected , and leaves that are in shadow still looking good - it is 99% magnesium problem cuz it is the main component of photosynthesis process. My system can hold up to 60 liters , last time i make about 30 liters with NPK(+ca/mg/s + micrp) 164/36/134(+166/36/47) it last about a week until problems start to appear . This tme i raised Mg to 60 ppm S to 80 ppm and P to 45 ppm . Consumption of water is about 15 liters per week. Back to BG i can say that plants ate all Mg and P from solution in one week. thank u for guideline . i`ll change solution weekly

Ec is a bit low. Judging those leafs she wants more of something and not less?

Man , 2 days ago EC was 1.10 , yesterday 1.12 , today is 1.18 ... considering the evaporation i think they can like a little less concentration. PH is falling down from 5.8 yesterday to 5.5 today , so i raised it to 6.0 ... looking that like plat eats more cations like Mg , K and Ca

Aloha Superduper 77, It will be interesting to watch how the plants do with the added Magnesium and Phosphorus. Did you use mono potassium phosphate to bring the Potassium levels up too? The liters per plant of nutrient solution in a RWDC undercurrent is about 47 liters in a four plant system, and 44 liters per plant in a six plant system. It does not surprise me with your system at 5 to 10 liters per plant they ran out of nutrients after seven days. You should also keep in mind what the plants will be taking up. We know that tissue testing has proven the plant will contain 3% to 4% Nitrogen, 0.5 to 1% Phosphorus, 3% to 4.5% Potassium, 1.5 % to 2.3% Calcium, 0 .3% to 0.5% Magnesium. 0.3% to 0.5% Sulfur. These are general guidelines and will vary depending on the Strain.

But judging your check list would make me right. I would say to little powderfeed?

Aloha Tokage, Nutrient solutions in fast growing systems like the Waterfarm, Undercurrent, Aeroponics, and high flow NFT are a challenge until you find the sweet spot of what works best for a Strain. As we see here the Bubblegum seems to be a bit of a nute hog that reacted quickly when they used up all the nutrition after seven days. On the other end of the equation if we observe what happened with a much higher EC in Jimmy's Waterfarm test it is clear to see getting it right the first time around is never easy.