Lebanese Seeds

So, iv got me 300 seeds acquired from a local lebanese grower - these seeds and strains have been grown here for thousands of years....

sadly i dont see any Lebanese cross in weed nor was it used to breed with any other strains, but i can only imagine its due to lack of seeds or accessibility to our great resources here in beirut.... I was hoping to see its capability, its potential in breeding and crossing and its power as cannabis plant - to do so, i acquired 200-300 seeds from a local grower here and I would like to distribute these seeds for free --

Can admin or moderator contact me and let me know wether its allowed to give it out in sort of competition for members to grow, breed and test it out ?

Only condition is that who ever gets these shld use the name Zinger Supreme lol the first 100% lebanese landrace marijuana :P

they are not feminized, they might be of different phenotypes but they are local lebanese cannabis seeds.

Hope to hear soon and hope you'r all interested !

• Like 2

honestly i cant go up to bekaa and check out the plants.. too dangerous and its just safer for us to buy from upthere and have them delivered to us in the city.... what i know is its a more indica then sativa, with short flowering period and as i said these plants are used to make hash, thus are full with resin and are a good base for breeding if not grown on its own at first to see its potential not as hashish but as actual herb smoke ... sometimes leafes take on a red color, other then that... you guys and another forum are the only ones with these seeds straight from the Bekaa valley :D

I am a fan of good Lebanese Hash. If these plants are as good as the best Lebanese red I will try to grow them. Try out indoors first but for a major operation in hash making outdoors will be a better strategy.

Contact me if you wanna send some free examples . Happy to have more variety and since it is hard to find good Leb nowadays this is the only way to get it !

I am a fan of good Lebanese Hash. If these plants are as good as the best Lebanese red I will try to grow them. Try out indoors first but for a major operation in hash making outdoors will be a better strategy.

Contact me if you wanna send some free examples . Happy to have more variety and since it is hard to find good Leb nowadays this is the only way to get it !

Here another lover of red lebanese hash......last time I smoked it , it was maybe 10 years ago

If anyone has experience with hash plants indoors and or outdoors please let me know. I am a fan of those top hashish sorts . besides the nearly extinct red leb, exotic charras esp. from Sativas or a good Sheberghabn or Mazar-I-Sharif smoke. I just cannot believe without the soil + climate that the results are nearly as good. Plus i have no idea how much hash you can reap from one good indoor plant.

If it was so easy more people would grow hash than weed..lol

But outdoors that may be another pair of shoes..

Yeh very true bam.... but im intentions are really beyond hash plants... im looking to see how it does as a cross or base for breeding - as most high grade weed come from landrace crosses .... and sadly i havent seen any weed strain/hybrid that has a lebanese genetics in it... but then again, one indoor plant would make a bit of hashish, but the process of collecting and pressing the resin and having it dry is the tricky part... as here in the bekaa each grower has their pressing techniques and each technicuq might yield a better result then others....

I know how to press pollen, turkish hash was always sold unpressed, sometimes morocan too. I always found the right method - putting an amount to smoke or sell in a thin plastic folie, add dry and wet paper or a dry cotton cloth and hold it in water boiling dust till it is really hot. Next press as good as possible.

But you may be right, cultivating hash plants indoor for Hash production is not very rewarding.

How is the smoke of the buds then ? Tasty and potent or harsh and mild ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Lebanese Hashish

The lebanese produce hashish from blonde,brown and reddish powder. The powder is pressed into dense slabs which crumble only when fresh or heated. The powder is pressed inside white linen or cotton sacks,which are commonly imprinted with a rubber seal.

Plants in Lebanon are allowed to go through their whole natural cycle until they are withered and almost dead, turning yellowish-golden-brown colour. A late harvest produces the rust-coloured hashish known as "lebanese Red" an earlier harvest the sandy "Lebanese Blonde."

A stronger, hand-rubbed hashish is produced in Lebanon, but rarely does it leave the hands of the man who made it. Hand pressed hashish is dark brown in colour and very pliable, it requires fewer inhalations and has strong psychedelic properties.

In lebanon, prvention of mildew (storage mold) is one reason why some farmers wait weather permitting, until the plants have gone very brown and are quite dry before harvesting. Dried plants can be stored without quite so much attention. The marijuana in many mountain areas is not allowed to become dry and brown, since the season is too short. When plants are not cut down in time, the frost will destroy them. After the normal growing season, the winds in most of the mountainsareas are very strong. These winds would rob many plants of their resin, diminishing their value for collecting hashish.

The above were copied from "The Great Books of Hashish" volume1:Book1 by Laurence Cherniak

Lebanese Hashish

Yellow plants, with clear or milky white resin glands are the most common, usually producing "blonde," or yellow resin powder. Red resin powder came from the more fully matured plants with their reddish brown resin glands. The colour imparted to the hashish comes from the colour of the resin powder and its contaminating plant debris. Hashish dealers claim that thered hashish is red because the cannabis plants are grown in red soil. Possibly, wind carriesred particles of soil sticking to the flowers contributes to the red colour of the resin powder. The more highly prized red hashish was scarcer than the blonde or yellow hashish. Many smokers prefer red hashish over blonde, believing it more potent with a richer flavour.

Harvest timing is important to the appearance and potency of cannabis resin. The colour of resin glands changes from clear to reddish-amber as they mature. More mature resin is more potent and darker in colour. It follows the later harvests would produce darker red resin of higher potency, hence the reputation for superior quality held by Red Lebanese Hashish. The longer the plants stand in the field, the drier they become and the easier they are to store. However, if the farmer waits too long, the resin is lost

Lebanes coastal mountains versus Lebanese inland valleys

When comparing the mountains and valleys of Lebanon, the local peoples are as different as the hashish they make, the hashish differences are as follows -

Coastal Mountains

1. predominantly christian

2. smaller fields tended by hand

3. less irrigation

4. more manuring of soils

5.plants less than a meter tall

6.inflorescences (floral cluster ie. buds)yellow or red constituting 1/3 to 1/2 of the plant

7. more potent

8. harvested earlier

Inland Valleys

1.predominantly muslim

2.huge fields plowed with tractors

3.more irrigation

4.more use of chemical fertilizers

5.plants one to two meters tall

6.plants green and well branched but with few flowers

7.less potent

8.harvested later

The above has been copied from "Hashish" by robert Connell Clarke

I hope you fiind the above articles of interest both book are a wealth of information and are seriously worth getting if you can find them.

Peace

Lams

• 1 month later...

Lebanese Hash

Yellow_Lebanese_Hash_001-300x225.jpgCultivation: The most important Cannabis-Fields are located in the valley of Baalbek. The fields are cultivated on very large scale, many of them using modern machinery. The production is very industrially oriented, tradition is not very involved in the Hash-Business.

Production: The Cannabis-Plants are left on the field until they are nearly dry. By this time they will have acquired a brown-reddish color (some Chlorophyll is destroyed by the UV-Rays of the Sun). Finally the plants are brought in a barn to be dried completely.

Hashish is produced in the same way as in Morocco, basically the buds are carefully rubbed over a fine silk-cloth, the resulting powder can be pressed together. Than finer the mesh used, than better the resulting Hashish.

The Hash-Powder is stored inside 35kg plastic bags, in this form it can be kept for a long time without losing much potency (because the resin glands are still closed).

In the winter months the pressing begins. Hash-Powder is filled in linen or cotton bag and pressed under great pressure. On the surface of the Hashish the structure of the tissue which was used can be clearly seen. Usually the Hash is pressed in slabs of 100g, 200g (usually) or 1000g (1kg).

There is some Hash which is pressed by hand like in Afghanistan, unfortunately it’s usually not exported.

Color: There are two kinds of Lebanese-Hash: Yellow Lebanese, which is yellowish and Red Lebanese which is reddish-brown (very similar to standard Morocco in color). The Red-Lebanese is made from riper plants.

Smell: Spicy to very spicy, refreshing smell.

Taste: Very spicy, harsher than Turk or Morocco. Some Lebanese-Hash is harsher than Afghani, especially when smoked in a Bong. Lebanese is quite an acquired taste.

Consistency: Usually the slabs are very thick (about 2-3cm) and not elastic. However when you cut it, you can clearly see that it contains big quantities of resin and that it can be cut easily. Some kinds of Lebanese, like Afghani have the family stem on them. Very good Lebanese can be re-pressed by hand like Afghani due to it’s high resin-content.

Effect: Compared to most other Hash varieties the High is quite cerebral, however more stony than Morocco or Turk. Of course, the yellow kind produces a more cerebral high than the red kind (which is riper and contains more CBN than THC).

Potency: Usually not very strong, somewhat stronger than Morocco. However there are also very good varieties of Lebanon which are very strong. As already mentioned the high resin content of the better varieties can be clearly seen and it can be re-pressed by hand. (1.0%-18% THC)

Availability: Quite rare, good qualities are very rare. However Lebanese is the third most common kind of Hash in Europe (after Morocco and Afghani). Unfortunately most of the Lebanese which is sold is quite old and dry, fresh and resinous Lebanese is very rare in the last years. Usually the price-range can be compared to that of Afghani. I noticed that Yellow-Lebanese is somewhat rarer than the red.

Various: I’m told that the best Lebanese-Hash is called Zahret el Kolch. The availability of Lebanese is likely to increase since the crop substitution programs run by the UN have been severely under funded, and farmers are returning to more traditional crops to make a living.

Copied and pasted from "Dolce Vita International" - http://www.dolcevitaonline.net/lebanese-hash/

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Cool thread. I am going to be getting some Lebanese landrace seeds from the Bekka Valley here in the next month or so. I will be growing them this summer. I am looking for that great hashish high of red Lebanese hash that I smoked a boat load of back in the late 1970s. I believe that the great high is due to the natural balance of cannabinols and high CBD levels in those strains.

• 1 year later...

In Lebanon the seeds are sold as bird food called "emboz". You can get 1 Kg of seeds for like 10 USD from a grocery shop.

This is an outdoor grow started this pring (Sprouted on march 07 2018). Some of them were started in pots 1 month later under a covered area (less sun). The plants that were directly planted in the soil exploded with growth. I do not know anything about the origin of the seeds they were bought as bird food, but there are very high chances that they came from the bekaa valley.

I have observed two main phenos: Short single stock with big bud on top very fast flowering (harvested in July) and another pheno that is tall with mild branching and outstanding bud size. Concerning the potency, i cannot tell, i have not tried these yet. This is my first grow and the harvest time is very close...

index.JPEG

index1.JPEG

index2.JPEG

index3.jPEG

index4.jPEG

index5.JPEG

index6.jPEG

index7.jPEG

index8.JPEG

• Like 1

Hi mate, 

Here is Spain, they also sell seeds as bird food and although the seeds are almost identical, the result is very different.

Bird food is made with hemp seeds, if you grow this seeds, grow plants identical to marijuana (cannabis sativa) but do not have much THC, i.e. hardly place.

Are you sure you are growing Cannabis? Maybe it's hemp

• Like 1

Hi Jose,

I am not sure if it is hemp or cannabis. This is my first grow and have not tried the product yet.
I will post the results. It would be a bummer if there is no high :(

By the way, it rained a lot yesterday and today i woke up to f ind all the plants wet.
The buds were so loaded with water that they bent and touch the ground almost.
What to do in this case? I was planning to harvest in two weeks, trichomes are not ripe yet.
But i am afraid of mold and bud rot setting in. Any advice? should i harvest early? install fans all around?

Thanks

index09.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi mate!

I did not intend to discourage, it is very possible that it is Cannabis and not hemp (the photos look like cannabis, of course). But... it's an option.

Wet buds are a serious problem, you should put tutors (sticks that hold them high) and let them dry well, completely (without harvesting). If you can put fans it would be great, to help eliminate the humidity of the bud (from the rain).

Only when the buds are 100% dry, you can harvest. If they have given bad weather for the next days (rains), you can bring forward the harvest as a precaution. However if the weather is sunny, my advice is to wait.

Cheers! 

• 1 month later...
On 21/6/2012 at 0:50 AM, zinger said:

So, iv got me 300 seeds acquired from a local lebanese grower - these seeds and strains have been grown here for thousands of years....

sadly i dont see any Lebanese cross in weed nor was it used to breed with any other strains, but i can only imagine its due to lack of seeds or accessibility to our great resources here in beirut.... I was hoping to see its capability, its potential in breeding and crossing and its power as cannabis plant - to do so, i acquired 200-300 seeds from a local grower here and I would like to distribute these seeds for free --

Can admin or moderator contact me and let me know wether its allowed to give it out in sort of competition for members to grow, breed and test it out ?

Only condition is that who ever gets these shld use the name Zinger Supreme lol the first 100% lebanese landrace marijuana :P

they are not feminized, they might be of different phenotypes but they are local lebanese cannabis seeds.

Salam Aleikom 

I'm very interested in breeding this pure seeds in Andalusia IBL. 

Your seeds will get your name. 

All the best and thanks for your generosity

Cannalpina 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/21/2012 at 3:50 AM, zinger said:

well i dont have experience with  this but can say only thanks for sharing...