Gotta grow them all!

• Member11
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNear a Cow

User's Awards

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hey Hunters
I had a chat earlier with HC01 another forum member and he mentioned about using Honey on his feed schedule
1ml/L and then 2ml/L towards the end of flowering. This made me very interested in this thus has made the Topic of the day for me and after a little searching and reading, there isn't very much information our there on the subject but from what i could it helps it helps a lot!

Personally i think Honey is a Incredible food and has antibacterial properties, i use it instead of Sugar for my Cups of Tea one spoon in the morning and then at night and i swear it helps my throat and breathing and apparently its good for the immune system, teeth and finer nails so being a smoker every little helps hehe but the bit of information out there on using it on our plants is all a bit inconclusive and as there isn't a post about this subject well it led me to create this one.

The applications i have found so far are
- HC01's method of 1ml/L then 2ml/L towards the end of flowering, that's one feed with honey then next feed with Nutrients and so on.

- Using Manuka Honey for Clones/Cuttings

- Using it to sterilize and protect fresh cuts from Fim/Topping techniques

So my Question to everyone is, What is your past experience's with it and what are your thought's on using it?

Peace
Posted Image
NL Auto test new update - http://www.strainhun...ow/page__st__20

#2 Dust

Dust

Half mod half lion

• Administrators
  • 16,542 posts
  • LocationHere and There ^^

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

well i don't have any direct ewperience yet. but i've planned to try it on one plant too, i think the main reason are that it "makes" molasses which are very good for the sugar absorption and transformation of the plant. I know there are a few members on the forum using it for a long time, like rom, so they'll say better than me.

But i'll be looking the answers ^^ So far like you said i have been told about 1 2 ml/L in water, but i think you need to find some "clean" honey. First cause we shouldn't eat all those chian honey man it's incredibl what's in it!! and second first reason is enough to not buy it lol.
Tho i if someone can give a definition of what they find to be clean honey ^^

good luck man

"When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life...." John Lennon

#3 HC01

HC01

(_̅(̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅(­­­­­­­­­­­­­)ڪے~

• Elite Members
  • 1,094 posts
  • LocationSomewhere! That does not matter!

User's Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Bioactive materials for sustainable soil management.

MOLASSES

The use of sugar and molasses to boost soil microbial activity
has been talked about for some time and the theory has been
that it provides an energy source that can be utilised equally
well by all soil organisms. However, field applications have not
tended to produce many convincing responses.
SWEP research with molasses has shown significant effects
on soil biology, but they are more complex than expected.
Again, the best results appeared to be at the lowest application
rate (two litres per hectare), with lactic acid bacteria
and yeast predictably giving the strongest response, but with
fungi and cellulose utilisers also responding (at the lowest
rate). Interestingly, photosynthetic bacteria showed the opposite
response, with activity increasing as the application rate increased.

http://www.bfa.com.a...e-materials.pdf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Growing Elite Marijuana

Use Molasses

Molasses is equivalent to the
carbohydrate loading products
sold in the hydro stores. They
help add bud mass during
flowering, feed the good bacteria,
add beneficial micro-nutrients.
Molasses is a syrupy, thick juice
created by the processing of
either sugar beets or the sugar
cane plant. Molasses(average
NPK 1-0-5) contains potash,
sulfur, and many trace minerals, it
can serve as a nutritious soil
amendment. It is a good, quick
source of energy for the various forms of microbes and soil life in a compost pile
or good living soil.
Molasses is also an excellent chelating agent. A Chelating agent means that
molasses is one of the substances that can convert some chemical nutrients
into a form that’s easily available for critters and plants. Chelated minerals
can be absorbed directly and remain available and stable in the soil.
Any kind of molasses will work to provide benefit for soil and growing
plants, but blackstrap molasses is the best choice because it contains the
greatest concentration of sulfur, iron and micronutrients from the original
cane material.
It’s a great source of carbohydrates to stimulate the growth of beneficial
microorganisms. It simply is the best carbohydrate sugar for horticultural
use and should be used by any grower serious about growing some serious
weed.
Blackstrap Molasses is the best kind for supporting explosive growth and
sparkling crystal buds.

Honey

Sugars by sugar I use honey, syrup is a natural

Peace!!

Posted Image

#4 PhenoHunter

PhenoHunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMaple Syrup Country

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

Blackstrap is for sure a key element in organics, Now here is my 2 cents on Honey.............Laswt 2 weeks of flush. Think about it it`s an anti-bacterial so by adding it to your bloom solution may harm the micro nutrients and active bacteria's. This is what I was told by old school organic growers. Good luck mate !!

#5 yenzo717

yenzo717

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

In the hills of Jamaica, we use molases mixed with a bit of ground up fish emmulsion during the final weeks of bloom. Resullting in some crucial chronic quality Ganja. Drumming , chanting and some meditation ensures a vibrant happy plant that will be medicinal and have pleasant taste and essense. Yeah mon.
Roots n Culture
Yenzo

#6 underground

underground

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

i like to use honey or molases during last days - with only water to flush all soils

#7 lamsbread

lamsbread

Stealthmeister

• Moderators
  • 2,313 posts
  • LocationHead in a cupboard

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

honey and molasses are great sources of carbs for plants especially in bloom phase.
I know Romeu9 like to use honey, where as i prefer molasses we have both had good results from our chosen carb supplement. purely a matter of which you prefer and you chosen style of grow.
Honey will is pure carb delivery with the added benefit of being antibiotic, molasses provides carbs along with other nutrients and magnesium and help feed beneficial bacteria and mychorrizae fungi which has a symbiotic relationship with the plant roots.
Heres a link to a molasses post http://www.strainhun..._+little +birds
peace
Lams

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so - Thomas Jefferson

#8 sean351

sean351

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

I use blackstrap molassass for my two girls in a recuictlating system and find its awsome as long as you have a airstone in your tub to oxygenate the mix and alow movement it diffenatly makes a difference in size,smell and taste and bluk more crystals too.

#9 MissKittyKat

MissKittyKat

Advanced Member

• Member11
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationStop looking at my ass

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

I also use blackstrap during flowering and some in veg. Flowering I am using it for both carbo loading and to feed the microbes. It works great. What applications or dosage to you all use for molasses? I use 1 tbsp per gallon of water. Any more and I find you can run into problems. I will use a cup of hot water and place the tablespoons in there and let it liquify then add it.
Nothing else will go into the water, just the molasses no other nutes. So I use it with my water every other watering. This would be for the entire flowering period

#10 Pi2

Pi2

Advanced Member

• Member11
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationCheck on your GPS.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

One area that is of particular interest regarding manuka honey is its antibacterial activity. Often this is just shortened to "Active" or "Active Manuka". Most honeys are in some way antibacterial (some quite highly so), but normally this antibacterial activity is almost exclusively derived from Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) and is referred to as Peroxide Activity or PA. This is created from the activity of the enzyme Glucose Oxidase in honey. Like many enzymes, Glucose Oxidase can become inactivated over time by light and heat. The stronger the light and/or heat, the faster it is inactivated. Room temperature and low light, given enough time, will in theory also reduce the Glucose Oxidase activity. It is claimed by some sellers that they pack their product in dark coloured jars to protect this enzyme from light. Another reason perhaps is their desire to hide the variable nature of the contents from the discerning consumer!

Honeybee collecting manuka nectarNon Peroxide Activity

Manuka honey also has this varying degree of antibacterial activity due to H2O2, but has been found to have a further amount of antibacterial activity that is present after the H2O2 has been neutralized with Catalase. This activity is referred to as the Non Peroxide Activity (NPA). The letters UMF ("Unique Manuka Factor") have been privately trademarked in New Zealand (UMF®) to represent a standard of NPA antibacterial activity that is compared to the disinfectant phenol. The UMF® letters are usually appended with a number. This number refers to the percentage of phenol in water. e.g. UMF12 equals an NPA activity equal to or greater than a 12% solution (%w/v) of phenol/water. Until 2006 only a small part of the NPA had been accounted for with the discovery of a number of naturally occurring compounds in manuka honey.

Methylglyoxal - MGO

In 2006 Methylglyoxal (MGO) (Wikipedia Link) was discovered to be the main substance in manuka honey responsible for NPA by professor Henle from Dresden University. This work was confirmed and elaborated on by Waikato University in 2007. MGO is found in numerous food Bee on Kanuka Flowersubstances but only at low levels (usually less than 10 ppm) compared to high NPA manuka honey.

MGO is a member of the dicarbonyl group (a group of toxic substances) and at the levels found in some manuka honeys, (up to 1,000 ppm) there is some concern regarding its food safety. MGO is the main precursor to Advanced Glycation End products (AGEs). AGEs are associated with a number of age related diseases including Alzheimer's disease, cardiovascular disease, stroke, eye cataracts, cancer and diabetes. The body has a specific enzyme system (the glyoxalase system) to detoxify this compound. This enzyme system has been found in the simplest life forms on earth as well as in mammals, indicating that its detoxification of MGO is universally important to most life on earth.

Hydrogen Peroxide - Formed in most honeys (including manuka) from the action of the enzyme Glucose Oxidase (see above). There is a large degree of variability between honeys. A highly effect antibacterial agent. Used by white blood cells as a mechanism for killing bacteria.
MGO - Methylglyoxal - a toxic substance attributed with most of the NPA in some manuka honeys. Measured directly and levels usually reported in parts per million (same as milligrams per kilogram mg/kg).
Phenol - A chemical with antiseptic properties. It is used as a comparative standard for the measurement of antibacterial activity in microbiological assays of some honey. An old and outdated method, but Numbers quoted usually refer to a percentage of Phenol in water. A higher number indicates a higher percentage of Phenol, thus theoretically higher antibacterial activity. In practise the use of this methodology and scale is problematic and has been the cause of much uncertainty and debate over activity ratings for manuka honey.
PA - Peroxide Activity. The antibacterial activity that is derived from Hydrogen Peroxide found in most honey in varying amounts.
NPA - Non Peroxide Activity. ANY antibacterial activity found in any honey once it has been treated with Catalase to remove any hydrogen peroxide. Measured by microbial assay against a standard antiseptic (see Phenol
Manuka honey has an average glucose of 29.7%, fructose of 37.9%, maltose of 1.2% and sucrose of 0.5% (HPLC method, 775 samples)

I choose strain, taste, potency, flavor and time...my weed...smoke and grow! :victory:

#11 metthc

metthc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Learned a lot more about carbos. Thanks.

#12 g1001bh

g1001bh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Honey? that´s new for me I will try.

#13 KangarooJack1

KangarooJack1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Very interesting thread, ive often wondered how and why doing this is benificial,, WELL NOW I KNOW!!

#14 TheOneInTheWind

TheOneInTheWind

Dedicated Member

• Member11
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationJust Moved :D

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

Don't think it's fair to put Molasses and honey in the same class!
Reasoning being, Molasses brings so much more to the table in the terms of the soil ecosystem.
The only thing that I've really gotten from a brief look into honey is it's use in rooting cuttings(b1).
But it would seem that it's antibacterial properties have no place in the soil eco.
Anyone have any experience rooting clones w/ pure honey?
Live.Love.Laugh & Light Up.

#15 shamanstrain

shamanstrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

Some micro organisms may attack Honey as it grows older. This would increase your chances of root rott. Honey is good for germinating spores, and once mycelium is active can fight off these micro organisms. Does the effect happen the same with seeds? I doubt it. Not like the fighting powers of mycelium at least. Plants roots have been known to grow better along with mycelium in nature and in labs....maybe that's where your search should take you, not honey.
Sharpen your knives, there is always a war. There are no regulations on substances of war. Cannabinoids will be the precurser in the lab to the zombie virus. They may also be the cure. So smoke up before the government labs release their patent. 90% of the receptors in our body are cannabinoid receptors. What better work is there to take over the world?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Honey, Organic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users