greenomatic87 - GHSC powderfeeding VS General Hydroponics flovanova offical report.

Gfarmer

thanks allot everybody!!!! to be honest considering all the problems i had earlier on i am actually surprised at how well this green o matic is doing it , compared to the previous green o plants i have done this plant is developing rapidly it is probably three times as bushy the branching is incredibly tight. in the long run i am glad i made an attempt to learn a new medium and technique at first it was hard and embarrassing looking like a complete amateur but the death of those 3 plants (rip) i hope in the long run will turn out to be worth it.

but from what i can see right now the results from doing this technique is very similar to hydro with regard to the branching and bud site development only time will tell how all this feeding will effect the flavor of the bud but so far the results from my end in comparison to my previous green o matic grow are worlds apart you can tell they are the same plant by the leaf formation but everything else is a world apart the size of the plant the super thick vegetation the sweet and dank smell of the resin . its just an amazing difference from the soil to the coco/per lite.

one thing i am noticing is if you don't water every day it almost seems like the plant stop's growing, if you water/ feed every day the plant grows tremendously everyday but if you skip a day or two the growth slows down drastically ive tested it on both the green o matic and the exodus, so the grow guide i saw warning not to treat the 50/50 mixture coco /per lite like soil with a dry - wet cycle. it said whatever you do to make sure to water everyday, the guide even went as far to say that you will feel like what your are doing is wrong, and believe me it did very mush so adding that much water everyday but it was right.

i wonder what others experiences are with this like coco i heard can be treated more like soil if only coco is used alone but that you would still be watering more often. i have talk to some people that hate coco and say that they get really bad results and the plants are always smaller but when i asked them there watering schedule every time it like 4-7 days, so that must be it cause i have yet to see any signs of of over watering yet and i have been giving the plant multiple L's of water a day.

but like i said above the results in my mind are much closer to hydro so far with b branching and c branching and so on. already there looks like there is gonna be three main large buds and quite a few smaller one's, i don't wanna jink's it but so far it has been really good so good that i plan on doing many more grows in this medium with this technique.

and one final note big brown, if you got any question's fire away i want everyone to realize that i am not doing anything special i have very limited indoor growing experience, but i do have advice and tips on how i get the results i do under the wattage i use and what not. like if you wanna know how i keep the internodal spacing so tight or anything really the main reason i started posting my grows online was in one part to show my progression from my first personal indoor grow last November until present time and i did this with the intention that once i got a hang of things i would be able to assist any beginners who need help with anything or anyone who wants to know how i get the results i do and what not . i'm not one of those people that get angry about being asked for advice to me that's the hole point of forums like these and i actually wanna be of assistance to anyone who's willing to listen i don't keep any techniques or formulas secret or whatever i want everyone to grow the best weed they possibly can. i wanna give advice just in the same way as i am open to take advice. anything that improves my game or others game is what i am here for so feel free anyone ask or comment away.

the last thing i will ever do is respond in a snobby way saying to do the reading for yourself, no question is too small or stupid knowledge to me is not a currency but something meant to be shared and passed around like a doobie from grower to grower no Bogart's allowed .

• Like 5

You're looking at things totally right dude,

seems that sometimes the best way to learn something

is by doing it wrong..

I would be glad i took the leap too, me myself is having

a hard time choosing a hydro system but coco seems nice

due to its "naturality" & and your pics lol.

Thanks for your kindness man, not been having any problems yet

but them being alittle slow, but i will keep u in mind bro!

Oh yeah, im cropping them this weekend i think :D:D.

• Like 1

My goodness - what a branching ! This girl grows very very nice like a Bonsai tree. Anyone saying autos are joke business is a goddamn foo - I bet yuo will get more than 2 ounces from this plant if not twice that if it continues to explode like that - now divide that with the low watts you use and BINGO a sensational ratio with way more than 1 gram per watt. Besides that it is just wonderful to watch girls getting ready..

I see progress over there in my grow era by now as well. think ii finallydetnified the GWS - flowering nicely, then I got one lttle plant,that grows a bit like your GreenO-Matic, the difference is even thou I did not top or FIM any of my plants this time it grows 4 main stems , all sprinkled with nice smelling littleb buds.

The real surprise thou is the NL AUTO - NL Auto is a Green-O-Matic with a selected Northern Lites crossed in. The result is a tall fast growing Sensi, that has the most delicious smell I came across so far. One NL Auto is way further advanced with an already fat top and lots of buds around the stems and i can't get enough of tha tsweet swet floral niceness when I touch the buds...

This time the contrast between these Autos and Indicas with various sativas is esp. interesting. The small leaves and the ridiculousely tiny thin stems from the C99with these tiny buds on the stems. Very fascinating and what amazed me most is that some of the pots stink - GWS esp. while some pots smell so sweet. (Talking about the soil/root ystem) all the buds smell delicious !)

Okay enough of that. As usual you are the man with the gree vibes in here I remember how crazy nice the Great white shark looked last time. Hope you can take all the time in the world to get these two plants to the right reaping window.

thats cool that you are doing the nothern light auto i will stop by your thread to check that out as ive been dying to see that strain in action being sort of an auto buff myself.

one thing i wanted to mention really quick is and dont get me wrong i might have miss read the comment bam but with regards to fimming or topping or any training techniques this time around i didnt do anything to the green o matic aside from take off a few lower leafs that weren't getting very much light as they got weak enough to snap off without effort aside from that tho th green o matic is just been growing naturally, it just happens to grow really bushy.

i did however after realization that the cheese plant was to big to quick and the green o matic turned out a lot bigger then i expected i decided to try my liuck with some different techniques when i saw how great the lateral branching was doing i dicided to try topping the plant as well as taking off a few choice fan leafs to allow more light to get to the other branchs, from what i have seen the exodus is a pretty tall plant so i figred this would help to bush it out alittle bit as well as buy me some time to finnish off flowering this green o matic.

UPDATE!!!!! Day 42 from seed!!!

alright so the green o matic is still doing amazingly and aside from a tiny burn on a fan leaf at the very top of the plant that was a tiny bit to close to the light the plant has been growing without any problems steady. i just did some cut's on the exodus so i wanna give it a day or so before moving it around to take photos but it is also doing great and the growth is quite even.

General Hydroponics FloraNova and advanced nutrients Bud Candy: GHSC Green O Matic

greenomatic40something001.jpg

greenomatic40something002.jpg

greenomatic40something004.jpg

greenomatic40something005.jpg

greenomatic40something006.jpg

greenomatic40something008.jpg

greenomatic40something009.jpg

greenomatic40something010.jpg

greenomatic40something011.jpg

greenomatic40something013.jpg

greenomatic40something016.jpg

greenomatic40something017.jpg

greenomatic40something018.jpg

greenomatic40something019.jpg

greenomatic40something020.jpg

greenomatic40something021.jpg

greenomatic40something022.jpg

• Like 2

I said I did not top nor fim this time.. Seems the big pot size helps a lot in branching, otherwise I have no explanation to why your Autos get so phat. I am not sure exactly how many days fom seed the NL Autos are but as nice as they are right now all there is is a slowly fattening main cola an half a dozen tops on the branches, which re tiny compared. They are at least 4 weeks now - no - more like 8 weeks from seed - 5 weeks in flower. confused since I use 2 400 watt lights - okay that is still only 400 watts for 5 plants.. Therem ust be less gravity in canada..lol

You reap probably as much with 2 plants as i with 6

I guess you still have them on 20/4 lighting schedule ? That might explain some of the stunning differences in flowering going on vs mine in 12/12 since a month that are nearly 4 weeks older and less advanced .. . Okay with 50% Northern Lites this strain takes 2 weeks longer in Bloom vs the normal Green-O-Matic according to the catalogue - that might explain some of the differences. Whatever you are the best grower I have seen in here - regarding small operations with amazing results each time. Man that Sharkie was a beast ! How many lights are you using atm. G 87 ?

thanks bam, i always try to show people that it is possible to grow nice plants even under not the best conditions, right now i am at 18/6 but only for like 6 days now, before that i was on 20/4. so that defiantly makes a difference , i have read in a lot of guides that autos respond best under 18/6 schedule, but when i asked franco what his suggestion for getting the best yeild out of auto plants with regards to lighting schedules he said 20 hrs on and 4 hours off.

i have tryed both now 18/6 and 20/4, and its pretty clear to me that the latter is the best for yeild , because they dont need a certain amount of time fo sleep 4 hours seems to be suffcient for yeild i do find tho with 6 hours the resin is more sticky so i like to go from 20/4 to 18/6 once the resin starts really picking up i could just be crazy but to me it seems that way to me so this has been how i have been doing it.

with 12/12 you will end up with less yeild and less bushy thickness its inevitable but that doesn't mean that its a bad idea to throw a couple autos in with your regular plants just to have a little variety even tho you would get as big a yeild as possible but i mean what can you do when your growing both together. but if growing auto's alone i would defiantly use the 20/4 schedule and even the 18/6 and try playing around with it but i wouldent go lower then the 18/6 when growing auto's alone.

but i meanthe time schedule is only part of how i get my plants to be so bushy and the lateral bud shoots to become so thick and sturdy, if you where to ask me what was the single most useful growing tip i ever got for lower - medium wattage grows was to keep the lights as close as possible at all times and to maintain a even distance from the top of the plants or the canopy level to the bulb. i was told that was one of the easiest ways to improve your yeild without spending money. what i found out tho was there is two reason's maintaing an even distance from the blubs and keep everything as close as possible at all times is important,

the first reasoing being,

1. maintaining an even distance from the plant to the bulb gives you the best possible chance at even inter nodal distance for your setup but without the next reason this step is no where near as effective.

and that second reason is

2. that keeping the lights as close as possible at all times ensures that you will get the tightist results possible given your set up, case in point when i first grew the green o matic strain i only had 1 150W HPS to work with everyone told me to exspect streching problems but i did everthing i just mentioned and even tho i had such a low tech set up i managed to pull off a consistent internodal distance of no more then 2.5 cm's and while green o matic is a pretty tight plant i have used this technique ever since and even when i pushed my plant number limit or grew plant that was alittle to big for my set up i have never had to deal with any significant streching problems even when growing non auto flowering plants.

so for me the two most important thing that any grower can do is keeping an even distance and keeping the lights as close as poissble with the canopy level to get the best possible outcome out of there set up, but if you do it you have to be vigilant and check on the plats multiple times aday as well as have fans blowing at the lights to cool them down or else you will burn the top of you cola.

there are a number of other things you can do but this techbnique is one that is easy to do an costs no money. i know it seems obvious but it works really well as long as you never give the plant enough room to strech. this might mean adjusting the lights multiple times a day but i promise you will not be dissapointed with the results.

with regards to the question about my lhow many lights. i am currently running 2 150W hps lamps for the 2 plants so each plant has 150W's not the best set up but considering my lack of funds and the heat problems this summer i wouldent be able to run any more watts even if i wanted to at the moment so i am just trying to make due with what i got and al lthe kind words are much appreciated

• Like 3

i thought i would post a little comparison even tho both grows are posted on the forum i thought it would be cool to see a side by side

here is the first green o matic i did in soil at approximately 50 days from seed

CANNABIS%20018.jpg

CANNABIS%20020.jpg

and then the green o matic in coco with flora nova and bud candy at 42 days from seed

greenomatic40something008.jpg

greenomatic40something018.jpg

• Like 2

i know its sort of hard to make it out but the coco is like WAY bigger then the soil grow.

in the second picture of the coco grow that bud that is in the front of the picture isent the main cola its actually the lowest lateral bud branch and that one branchs bud is the size of the main cola from the soil grow alone, so far if your going for size the coco treated like a hand feed hydro so watering and feeding everyday just kills the soil you will be able to see better in my next update because i did a pretty big clearing up of fan leafs to allow more light in to the buds but basically the main cloa of the coco plant is much bigger and on the coco plant the side bud branchs are as large as the main cola on the soil plant but most importantly the picture from the soil grow is almost 10 days older in the time line from the coco.

unfortuanly those are the best pictures i can find to show my point because i took the photos of the first green o matic about a year ago.

but with regard to what i recommend as long as the taste isent drastically effected from the coco then i probably wont be growing in soil for a while so far everything for me point's towards coco being a better option , the plants way bigger in height width and vegitation, there is much more bud production and the buds are advancing at a much quicker rate.

then there is the control factor in soil when you make a mistake especially with regards to nutrients it takes a long time to fix that problem you got flush and allow it to dry and stablizing the ph can be sort of tricky because as the medium drys the ph with change slightly but with coco you never allow the medium to fully dry out or even come close so it tends to be really stable and since it doesn't retain water in the same way you get a healthy amount of run off so major flushes with just plain water aren't needed to the same degree as in soil as these factors add up to allowing the plant to explode in growth and stay healthy as can be andif something happens and you have to flush you dont have to worry as much about over watering being another issue especially when you use a 50/50 mixture of coco to perlite it becomes very difficult to over water infact to the point where the most common mistake people make when using coco is actually under watering, treating it like soil because the medium doesent hold enough water to fully supply a full flowering plant with all the water it needs for longer then 1-2 days (when doing 50/50) so if you treat it like soil you run into a hole slew of problems and people who do it that way tend to have poor results and small growth as well as all sorts of other problems.

the only down side to using the 50/50 coco split is the fact that because there is so much runoff and because the medium has no nutrients of its own you tend to use alot more nutrients then in soil, so from that end it can be a little costly but the results really speak for them self's

• Like 1

UPDATE!!!! DAY 49 FROM SEED!!!!

yeah so about three days ago i started the shooting powder, i decided hell why not give it a shot considering my scientific grow plans went arye at the beginning of the grow when i killed my other green o matic plant i have more freedom now to try new things insted of sticking to a straight up comparison which was the plan but things change.

so far the shooting powder is alot less scary to use then people make it out to be, it is strong dont get me wrong i could see doing some serious damage if i didnt know what i was doing but as long as you have a basic concept for how to use nutrients you should be able to use tthis product with success, and it seems to be working quite nicely the buds are gaining weight every day and this row of picture pay attention to the photos with my hand in it so you can see the buds from the lowest laterall branchs are huge both on ether side of the plant are just massive like the size of a hole plant when i grew this plant in soil its a huge difference in comparison i think i will be toying around with coco for the next little while i am really digging the results its giving on both the exodus plant and the green o matic. so anyways here at the photos enjoy.

GHSC green o matic receiving floranova and budcandy as well as home and garden shooting powder.

greenoexo001.jpg

greenoexo006.jpg

greenoexo007.jpg

greenoexo008.jpg

greenoexo010.jpg

greenoexo011.jpg

greenoexo012.jpg

greenoexo013.jpg

greenoexo014.jpg

greenoexo015.jpg

greenoexo016.jpg

greenoexo017.jpg

greenoexo018.jpg

greenoexo018.jpg

greenoexo019.jpg

greenoexo020.jpg

greenoexo021.jpg

greenoexo021.jpg

greenoexo023.jpg

greenoexo024.jpg

GHSC Exodus Cheese receiving GHSC powderfeeding & Advanced Nutrients bud candy

greenoexo026.jpg

greenoexo028.jpg

greenoexo029.jpg

greenoexo030.jpg

• Like 4

What a difference a couple days make ! Great flowering buds fattening up like crazy. The shooting powder seems to work real fine.

I tried out some new nutes myself, too. HESI Super Vit CANNa PK 13/14 + tra tra Plagron VITA RACE also called Phytamin. a spray/foliar feeding solution. That stuff works great, too.

Sadly np camera for over a week but none theless girls picking up esp. the GWS and one NL Auto.

Checking trichomes showed already a bunch of milky heads but of course they still have at least 2 to 3 weeks to go at least..

Those ativas have an amazing smell, the Big Grapefruit smells like a lemon type and the Bubble ummer exactly like those crazy artificial chwing gums..lolThat is becoming the main problem - smell. I had that under contriol last time, but this time somwhow the rooms nearby often smell like someone would be smoking Inod in there..lol

Okay Coco seems to be better than soil and sure the more lights you waste, the less the plants receive the fewer or slower the progress.

You Da man Greeno !

What do you think how long till ready ?

That Cheese is looking fine as well !

Massel!

well the best green o plant i have grown aside from this one i let go for 67 days from seed. i harvested one at about 75 days and it was over done so i know i definatly wont go past 70, from the looks of it i wont even have to go much past 60 as some of the caylx's are already swollen and closing up but we will see i have a pretty good idea for how i like this plant to finnish so i will wait until i see the signs and then chop her down however long that takes i will allow. i am not as i am not as crunched for time as privously.

one other thing that i am finding about coco that is another plus is that the bud seems to be maturing quicker. at this stage of the game in soil i was never as far into flowering as i am now. so i dont know i am keeping a close eye on it with my microscope.

I know you will watch over the Greenomatic like a hen over her little ones..lol

Rightly so - trust your observations more than the microscope - that is good for observations about curing etc. watching the pistils returning back into the fake seed pocket and fattening these up is the sign for end of flowering... Right ?

tokeage , yes the powderfeeding is doing great but the exodus i the only one receiving it so iwill be able to give a better idea of how the powderfeeding is doing as the exodus starts flowering as i just started 12/12 with the exodus.

bam - yes you are right, but i wouldent call them fake seed pods, the term i use is caylx's, basically what happens is the calyx swells until it swells shut. when that happens it pinchs the pistils cutting off water flow causeing the pistils to turn brown. once the pistil turns brown and shrivells it is at a peak, because this happens on a scedule and the caylx's that form first will obviously finnish first it is best to harvest when you see about 80%- 90% brown hairs on the flower. that way you allow the newest calyx's time to form and develop resin while not allowing the earlyers one's to become over ripend.

• Like 1

Great grow so far mate , also right at the start of trying something new , got some GWS on DWC. For a new medium and way of growing you seem to have hit the sweet spot. Keen to see your cheese in flower too , ill grab another chair for my legs seeing how im already sitting my ass down and watching this one ;)

That's one crazy auto bro!! 49 days and look at that beautiful beast! The exodus is gonna blow up real nice too I bet. You've inspired me to tweak my medium a little next grow to improve drainage a bit and get more frequent feed/waterings, thanks for showing the way..WOW..just incredible results man!! :victory:

UPDATE!!!! green o matic end of day 54 exodus flowering day 4

ok so everything is stll going good the exodus is starting to get jealous for the light and streching a little bit so hopefully this green o matic will finnish up quick.

considering i am only on day 54 from seed is i matureing really fast and i am hoping for a larger yeild for an auto plant, and the exodus is also doing great developing a nice foundation for the buds that will develop very soon. the only thing i have to say is the shooting powder from home and garden is a pretty hot product for anything thinking of trying this product go gentil it hasent caused any major burns or anything but i am seeing a small amount of browning on the tips of some of the fan leafs it is minor tho nowhere near the buds a side from that it seems like a good product the buds are frosty and are gaining weight just like the guy stated it would at the store. at the end of the report i will do a full review of each product.

GHSC green o matic receiving flora nova, bud candy and home and garden shooting powder

greenoandexoday55012.jpg

greenoandexoday55013.jpg

greenoandexoday55015.jpg

greenoandexoday55016.jpg

greenoandexoday55018.jpg

greenoandexoday55021.jpg

greenoandexoday55023.jpg

greenoandexoday55024.jpg

greenoandexoday55025.jpg

greenoandexoday55026.jpg

greenoandexoday55027.jpg

greenoandexoday55030.jpg

greenoandexoday55032.jpg

greenoandexoday55033.jpg

greenoandexoday55035.jpg

greenoandexoday55036.jpg

greenoandexoday55037.jpg

greenoandexoday55038.jpg

greenoandexoday55039.jpg

greenoandexoday55040.jpg

greenoandexoday55041.jpg

greenoandexoday55042.jpg

greenoandexoday55044.jpg

greenoandexoday55045.jpg

greenoandexoday55046.jpg

Exodus cheese GHSC receving GHSC powder feeding and bud candy day 4 of 12/12

greenoandexoday55048.jpg

greenoandexoday55049.jpg

greenoandexoday55050.jpg

greenoandexoday55052.jpg

greenoandexoday55053.jpg

greenoandexoday55054.jpg

• Like 4

damn 54 days and already looking like it's finishing :)

When will you start flushing her?

And the exodus looks like she's gonna have a nice shape too, but might become a little big compare to greeno .

Anyway everything looks good, thanks for the news ;)

Have a good grow

tokage: i dont know its hard to tell for me i am gonna guess like 2 or 3 ounces, i got 30 grams off my soil one's and they where no where near as big as this one is but i can't tell how its gonna work out after trimming everything and what not i get really picky about what buds i keep and what gets thrown into the hash bag and i only weight the solid buds if it isent looking like a bud i would pay for then it goes into the hash bag so we will see in a couple of days.

dust : yeah that is something i have been trying to figure out my self but while looking at the resin glands under the microscope i would say i have around a week left by looking at the bud tho it tells sort of a different story so i am kinda at odds with what to do , i know that because its coco / perlite it doesent need as vigorous of a flushing as soil does i have heard 3-5 days is sufficent so i was thinking of giving the plant its last feeding tonight and then hit it with just ph adjusted water till the end i want this bud to turn out as sweet as possible.