Greetings from Ontario, Canada!

Alexxander

Greetings from Ontario, Canada to my fellow cannabis lovers,activists and growers. I live in the Barrie area and am in the process of getting a medical marijuana exemption...if the government accepts the form my Doctor sent in *fingers crossed*.

I have been smoking/using various cannabis products for 38 years now, and have seen great improvements in growing techniques, and a huge increase in the number of people that identify as cannabis activists...as well as awesome seed companies like Green House Seed Company that have made great advances in plant genetics and our knowledge about the various landraces. Great work guys!!

Recently I have become more active in promoting cannabis for medicinal uses,and I hope that by joining this Forum I can learn more about how to help the cannabis movement, growing, and learn more about the cannabis plant itself.

Best Wishes,

Alexxander

• Like 1

Hi man, welcome on SH forum

Glad to see a new activist upon us :D I hope that you will succeed in spreading your message everywhere you will try to :rabbi:

in 38 year you must have tasted some nice weed, and see some nice growing ^^ Hopefully we'll see some plants of yours growing too in a journal?

If you have any problem on the forum don't hesitate to ask one of the mod and we'll do our best to help you.

Have a good discovering of the forum

See ya online :bye:

Thanks for the warm welcome Dust and Tokage! :)

I really appreciate the friendly and respectful attitude of this SH Forum.

Although I am back in my home-province of Ontario now, I lived for about 10 years in B.C. and saw some awesome grows out there.

Not growing right now, but I hope to get started again eventually. Got to get my back problem settled down a bit first, since right now it's very painful, even when toking, to be bending over and lifting heavy stuff.

Looking forward to meeting new friends here, and yes, I will eventually be wanting to tap into the knowledge of more experienced growers.

Currently getting my stash from the street, which sucks re. price, but I know it won't always be this way.

Thanks again for the welcome guys! Much appreciated!!

Alex

we'll be waiting for you to get back to growing ;)

Thanks Dust. You guys will be the first to know whenever that happens.

BTW, I really like your sig line quote from John Lennon. Never heard that one before and it's an awesome positive attitude on life!

• Like 1

Which doctor signed your license? If it was Kammerrmanz, Price or Saul it isnt getting approved....I wish you luck but I heard no more approvals in Canada... Doctors are still signing and taking your money even thou they know it wont be approved....

Hey Growmaster,

No it was not any of those Doctors you mentioned. It was a family physician and I was not charged a cent. The only cost to me was $12 for the passport-type photographs required. This Doctor is a really decent person who is doing this to help with my health issues. I offered to pay and Dr would not accept any payment. Please do not ask for the name, as confidentiality goes both ways with us.

Of course there are Doctors who are going to take advantage and charge outrageous fees...and they are also eventually going to get a bad reputation at Health Canada, and with their fellow physicians.

Where exactly did you hear about no more approvals in Canada?

They are proposing changes to the program, some good, some bad, but it is still active. Check Health Canada website.

Hey Growmaster J,

Yes, that is exactly the direction Health Canada wants to go....mail order.

It sucks, yes. That action will most likely limit the variety of (legal medicine) strains available.

But it has not happened yet.

As for me, it would be nice to at least have a bit of legal protection with a "Authorization to Possess Marihuana for Medical Purposes"...as Health Canada calls it.

As to where my legal cannabis (if I'm authorized) will come from...I guess only time will tell.

I certainly don't want to be limited to just one or two strains though.

Best Wishes,

Alex

• 2 months later...