Jurassic Leafs!

raskolnikof

Dear Friends, the following is my Bubba Kush from Green House Seeds Co. I planted them 15th of April. This is an indoor grow, currently Im using a 400w HPS. The leafs are huge! I am worried they do not allow much light to pass through, becasue they are too thick. I eliminated some leafs due to that reason. The stem and branches are growing dense and compact, maybe becase only a little light passes throug. What do you think?

I cant upload pics directly in this forum, I have to do ir through this link:

http://www.strainhunters.com/forums/gallery/image/9258-jurassic-leafs/

http://www.strainhunters.com/forums/gallery/image/9259-huge-leafs/

Thanks

Damn man indeed those leaves have a very nice size and look very happy :)

There are 2 schools to answer at your question ^^

First will say that you can take them away in the middle of flowering when the buds will have their "final shape" and will start to get denser. I personally do that on the strain that need it to my oopinion, in your case i would probably cut the higher fan leaves.

Second school will say that you should never take a leaf away unless she is dieing. I do it on some strain that don't have much leaf production.

For the size of your plant, the kushes have some of their phenotype that grow very short and dense with nice more indica leaves. I've grown a few like bubble Kush money maker that had one more kushy pheno, and violator kush grown by very close friend and they were almost all short and dense with fat leaves ;)

So anyway i would wait for a good 5 week of flo before taking away the leaves, unless they touch to much each other and start to burn, you'll see ;)

Have a good grow man ;)

Hey Tokage, thanks for your answer. Yes, the plants are flowering, I reduced the light to 12h cycle and changed the bulb to a HPS 400w, the 1st of July. A month have passed and I see an insignifican bud development, that is why I was worried that the leafs are taking away all the energy instead of conducting it to the buds...

Tomorrow I will make more pictures of the small buds.

I also planted a Bubba Kush and found the leaves to be fantastically huge - 11 blades on a leaf that is nearly twice the size of my hand. I was also concerned about them blocking the light once I started the flowering phase so I clipped a few of them off. I also bought a couple of cfls (compact fluorescent lights) since it did not seem much light was penetrating the canopy of the plant. I am now into week 6 of the flowering period and there is visible bud development. By strange co-incidence, I am also growing a Super Silver Haze but in a soil medium - the Bubba Kush is growing hydroponically. The photos are of the Bubba Kush.

post-14557-0-95415600-1344311524.jpg

post-14557-0-97822700-1344311553.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, it seems to be a nutrient issue. It seemed to start when I began the flowering phase so I will have to look around for better nutes the next time around, or perhaps adjusting the feeding schedule. I am just using water from now until the harvest in a couple of weeks.