CO2 Generator DIY from scratch

mr.greentouch

CO2 Generator DIY from scratch

Hello everybody. I am quite new to this comunity and i gotta admit is lovely here and welcoming, so i decided to start doing my part right away.

I want to represent my design of CO2 generator. I have been using two types of CO2 generators and i gonna discus both of them. Would try to keep the post clean and simple so it be understandable by everybody.

This two methods are nothing new in cannabis growers nor in the fishkeepers :)

Alright the two methods are:

1. Baking powder combined with citric acid lime juice and water

This method is chip to do the reaction is fast and more CO2 is released at the time but shortlasting. Perfect for small growing rooms

2. Yeast combined with sugar water and baking powder

Ths method is long lasting and it can also be setup on how the reaction should go. It means more yiest more powerfull reaction and more CO2 at the time or more sugar for long lastiong reaction :)

Will go through all the recipes now and how to do the reaction chamber as i call it.

The Reaction Chamber

Bassily the reaction chamber in both of the generators are the same only the ingridiens are different.

Every body can improvise and make their own type of design for generator but at he end you wil edn up close to this look :

post-15413-0-62700400-1344109522.jpg

post-15413-0-21998600-1344109545.jpg

This two generators are bassicly the same thing but in the one made of glass bottle is with two after chambers so i can chose where the co2 will go.

Ok now i will describe the acctual generator :

post-15413-0-79508200-1344109564.jpg

1.Reaction Chamber

2.Tubing

3.After chamber

4.Ingrediens for the reaction wehre CO2 is the product

5.CO2

6.H2O

7.CO2

What basicly the after chamber is you may ask, that is just so you can see if the reaction is stil going and if there is yet CO2 to be produced.

The two types of recipes for CO2 reaction

1. The baking powder reaction is made with 5 tablespoons of baking powder on 5 table spoons with powerfull acid or lime and 1dl of water. ( recipe may vary if you already have you own recipe please share)

2. The yiest reaction is made:

• Put 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of yeast into the bottle with about a cup of warm water (bread yeast is fine). Some people have theorized that champaign or wine yeast should last longer (due to its ability to tolerate the alcohol generated from the brewing process), but recent tests reported on the net have not indicated any difference.
  • Shake to mix the yeast well.
  • Add water to bring the solution up to 3/4 of the bottle.
  • Add 1 to 2 cups of sugar and shake well. The amount of yeast and sugar will determine the rate and duration of CO2 generation. More yeast will result in stronger CO2 production, but will exhaust the sugar quicker. Using 1/4 teaspoon of yeast and 2 cups of sugar will result in CO2 production for about 4 to 5 weeks.
  • In areas with soft water, some people recommend adding a teaspoon of baking soda to buffer the water and extend the life of the solution (prevent the acid formed by the brewing action from destroying the yeast prematurely).

This recipe is copy-pasted from http://www.cichlid-f...les/diy_co2.php.

And because is for fishtanks you would want to make the reaction a litle bit more powerfull with adding more yiest because the CO2 in the growing room is lost easily during the fans that are sucking the air out and the fans inside:)

Hope i got it all clear and hope i did not spread everywhere i was trying to keep my thought in one line :) If you have any questions, comments or arguments they are more then welcome.

Peace

• Like 5

Glad you guys like it:) So there is one concern I have with this yiest method is that is a long lasting and that means non stop co2 for couple of days to more then a week. So CO2 is used during photosynthesis and during night is not needed. so how bad would it be if you leave this co2 during night? And one more warning for this generator , is that if you want to make a valve to stop the co2 you will have to make some other design and that chamber have to hold more pressure. but either ways if you don't mind moving it every day or if the CO2 does not bother the plants over night then this work perfect. But i can actually make a design for the CO2 generator with valve and post it these days but it will be havy metal duty :) :)

peace

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

never mesured the level of co2 but i can tell you that when i am aroound one with bakin powder is hard to breath and you can easily start feeling that head ache and chokin:):) but with the other one you dont have that big and sudden reaction(you can if you put more yiest) and you dont feel that right away. i should probably measure that co2 lvl and make some update. and concerning that valve i already got the design but still did not find some parts. if you want i can post the teory with some drawing so you can try yourself :):) but will come with some update soon :)

peace and thx for yor time

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beautiful work. I bet you make your own bong's too?

I've tried this and noticed a difference in growth almost the same day.

Something I do is to put the final outlet tube behind the back of the fan so the Co2 is distributed evenly.

• Like 1

i used "1410" method for yeast reactor - 1kg of sugar + 4 liters of water + 10g of baking yeast - together called 1410 - in the container like yours - using raisins, rice and special yeast you can create 5l of good rice wine ;)

co2 is heavier than air so it is good to put tube neaa the fan like Puddles

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...