Just a few lovely ladies

frankenstein#2

Height comes from root depth, so if you use for example, 30 gallon trash cans your plants will grow exceptionally tall, or dig gigantic holes and gradually make it smaller at the bottom (this happens on its own most of the time), then using a post hole digger try to go down another 10-12 inches,for a total depth of 3 1/2 feet fill with your own soil mix, and watch em' go.

First, my sincere props for a successful grow. Nice looking ladies. I hope you met your goals, that is always a big plus.

I would like to comment on your above post especially, "Height comes from root depth". I have to disagree with you on your conclusions that deeper is better. Research shows that for the most part, oxygen for plant growth (think roots) is pretty non-existent beyond about 2 feet of soil depth. Lots of folks think you need depth for the roots and that is not the case. The tap root goes down looking for water. However, we growers are providing the plants with the water they need, so the roots don't need to go deep. Also, increased depth increases the risk of anaerobic pathogens attacking your plants root system. A shallow and wide pot is best. Regarding height, I think the fullness of the plant is of greater import as girth will provide more bud sites. Height+width=GIANTS.

As is known from the cultivation of clones, there is no need for the plant to have a tap root in order to grow to it's full potential. The size of the healthy root system is paramount to producing large plants that can reach their genetic potential.

Important factors to be considered when planning the growing of large plants are: sun, soil, water, and genetics. Fall short in any one area and the rest don't matter much. Plants grown in soils of depths from 18-24 inches with very wide pots for root growth do best. The greatest growth activity occurs in this soil region due to richer oxygen concentrations. Pots with volumes of 300 gallons (18"x 6') will produce giant trees if the above factors are optimized.

The following pictures are evidence to what is possible. These plants were grown in magic pots (18"x6') or mounds with soil volumes of approximately 300 gallons per plant. Look at the possibilities... These are not flukes, one of a kinds. Thanks for letting me share.

BTW, I did not grow those giant trees. Our little garden can be found on a thread in this forum.

post-15486-0-29661400-1350159113.jpg

post-15486-0-44152800-1350159296.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks and i dont doubt your right i was just repeating what i had read from what a professional wrote . I believe it was on this site that i read that. Anyway im getting some of those huge fabric bags for next year so i can grow some awesome tree's like that.

Thanks and i dont doubt your right i was just repeating what i had read from what a professional wrote . I believe it was on this site that i read that. Anyway im getting some of those huge fabric bags for next year so i can grow some awesome tree's like that.

It's actually in franco's tips and tricks for outdoor plants on this site where it says deeper means taller so maybe pm Franco and let him know

Thanks guys , actually just weighed up the gws and it was 14 ounces. The critical neville monster is almost all trimmed up now, it took me two hours just to pick the fan leaves off, cant wait till it's ready to smoke it's looks super killer.

You mean smart pots frank ?? :)

Would love to get some of them :D :D

Those look cool Mop :)

Here's the link to "smartpots"

-"About five years ago I came across fabric containers known as Smart Pots. These containers have been used by professional tree growers for years because of their unique ability to promote superior root systems. It turns out many knowledgeable gardeners have been replacing their "hard sided" containers with "Smart Pots" because they like the commercial growers, found their plants responded better in fabric containers."