The high P myth?

Ok guys i came with this thing some time ago. i founded on a different forum searching on google for more info about P and this is what show ups :)

I have been doing a lot of reading regarding the high phosphorous myth and how it is a waste to use bloom boosters with obnoxiously high amounts of P. All of this makes perfect sense but I am still confused to one thing.

For example, read this quote from Lawrence Brookes, a scientist from General Hydroponics:

Quote: "When plants are growing in a perfect happy life, when they are young and in vegetative mode, they have no particular reason to reproduce. They�re secure and growing vigorously, becoming bigger and stronger. But when the trigger comes of day-length shortening, the plants are being told by nature that the winter is coming and the end of their life is at hand. And so, at this point the plants have to completely change priorities into reproductive growth. By switching the nutrients to something that enhances flower growth and reducing nitrogen significantly � the plants are now threatened by the nutrient regimen. They are not on a starvation diet, but a modified diet that stimulates and enables reproductive growth � kind of like a goose being fed for pate. There�s a different set of priorities going on from the grower�s point of view and the crop is responding. So now the job of the nutrient is to enable the plants to produce these wonderful flowers. So we�re really now about helping that crop to flower � tremendously, because flowers are the precursors to fruit and seed. We provide the elements needed for abundant flowering and we reduce the nitrogen that was needed for early structural growth while enhancing ingredients that enable flowering."

What he is saying here is it can be adventitious to "stress" a plant with reduced N and a high P is he not? This makes sense to me as well. Further, I also have been looking at tissue samples Big Mike did with different MJ strains - and results show that in fact, when in flower plants use a low amount of P...which validates the idea that high P is useless. BUT - is it true that if you reduce N and raise P it can send it into "overdrive" by stressing the plant thus forcing more vigorous flower production? This makes sense to me!

Perhaps it would be adventitious to combine the best of both worlds. Is there a general time during a plants blooming phase where it would be best to raise the P levels - and other times where P should be kept at lower levels? I agree with the theory that you should try to keep N levels similar to veg during flower as much as possible in order to keep the leaves nice and green. So perhaps at a certain point a different regimine could be switched over to a low N - high P to stress the plant. I just dont know when! Should you load up on P early during bloom - in the middle - or in the end?

Ok, so this guy had an interesting question but i did not get clear on the part bout high P so what do you think about this. Should you give high P during flower with a low level N or just keep the nutriens that you got with a bit more K. Hey i may not sound logical today but this is bugging me out so would appriciate your time and input :)

Also one more thing about this is knowing that cannabis plant ant tomato plant grow similar and have simmilar needs you can put them in a same "basket" and the farmers of tomato from where i come from they just feeding the plant with pure nitrogen straight true the harvest and never have problems :)

Hope didnot confused anyone else cuz i am bit confused. But i keep on my research for this and wait for your respond.

PEACE

• Like 1

that's some nice questionning, i have understood the infos here, but wouldn't be able to certify at 100% that what he is saying sounds true.

And i have heard too of he fact that plants don't eat that much P during the real flowering phase, but dont neither if that info is certified, i guess it might be.

So i'll be looking at the answers and hope a guru or franco will enlight us ^^

Good luck man ;)

I respect GHE cause there nutes helped my crops a lot !

Astonishinly they do not sell the PK13/14 solutions other companies offer. They offer RIPEN instead for the final 10 days - then flushing with CLEAR. While all other scienist say do NOT feed the plants 2 weeks prior to harvest. RIPEN is a solution just like PK 1314 it seems . the NPK ratio on the bottle says 0-6-5 = 14/13 ..

OTH PK 13/14 seems to boost up the flowerrs AND make frosty bus. That is the downside to GHE. My plants are potent and nice, The trichomes stay mostly inside the plant though. Compared with most other buds I see there is hardly any crystal / frost on the outside.

Maybe THAT is the point. as nice as a frosty bud is looking. We want to smoke the crystals not look at them...., for sure an interesting subject.

The GHE FLORA DUO has a ratio of NPK of 5-0-5 in GROW - 15ml/10litres GROW and 5ml BLOOM in VEG -

BLOOM got a ratio of 5-3 -3.

(15ml Bloom & 5ml GROWin Bloom)

Finally comes RIPEN with NPK ratio of 0-6-5 in high doses 60 ml/10ltres nothing else

GHE just adds most Potassium later than others

5-0-5

1-5-3

0-6-5

-------

6-11-13 NPK ratio

Best download the exact feedung scheme from their website.So I am not exactly sure why e should say that Potassium is not as important for the plants .