2 Tablespoons of salt in a gallon of water to get rid of spider mites....

We had a reboot on the server and the answers were deleted, but to summarize, I don't think salt will be efficient, i advice you to try on only 1 girl to see but really i doubt it does anything good, if it does please tell us !! :)

And like Elektro had posted maybe you can try Neem oil.

Good luck man

hey bro

by my experiences with spider mites i don't think just salt alone will kill the little suckers

spider mites become resilient to most things that you can buy at the local grow shop if used on a regular basis so i would say use a strong pesticide that will kill on contact leave it a few days then start to clean the hole room keeping a humidity of 50% plus reduces the chance of spiders massively

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have never heard of this remedy and am extremely dubious about the using of salt to deal with spider mite. Instead use neem, if that fails get some SB plant invigoratorsb-4-web__93792.jpg and a fortefog smoke bomb mini-smoke-bomb-4-web__21488.jpgif possible this should guarantee to do the trick for you.Also ensure your air intake has a bug filter or the little buggers will just return as soon as you get rid of em. Salt as far as i am aware has the potential to destroy your plants. Please read this article from a non-weed related site to clarify for you.Peace

SALT DAMAGE TO PLANTS

University of Vermont

Most people are only too aware of the damage and corrosive effects of salt on automobiles. On heavily traveled highways from 40 to 80 tons of salt per lane mile per year may be applied. Landowners along these roads also are aware of the damage to plants that such salt can cause.

Deicing salt is usually refined rock salt consisting of about 98.5 percent sodium chloride, 1.2 percent calcium sulfate, 0.1 percent magnesium chloride, and 0.2 percent rock. Calcium chloride is reported to be less toxic to plants but is seldom used because it is much more expensive than rock salt and more difficult to handle.

When sprayed onto plants from passing cars and plows, salt may enter plant cells or the spaces between the cells directly. One result of this "salt application" is that buds and small twigs of some plant species lose cold hardiness and are more likely to be killed by freezing.

Salt accumulation in the soil also may cause plant injury. This frequently occurs when salt-laden snow is plowed off streets and sidewalks onto adjacent lawns.

Anyone who has tried to get table salt out of a wet shaker knows how readily salt absorbs water. Rock salt exhibits the same property in the soil and absorbs much of the water that would normally be available to roots. Thus, even though soil moisture is plentiful, high amounts of salt can result in a drought-like environment for plants.

When salt dissolves in water, sodium and chloride ions separate and may then harm the plants. Chloride ions are readily absorbed by the roots, transported to the leaves, and accumulate there to toxic levels. It is these toxic levels that cause the characteristic marginal leaf scorch.

Measures to prevent or lessen injury from salt include using calcium chloride, where feasible, or using sand or cinders. Late season applications (after March 1) are most detrimental and should be avoided if possible since this is the time plants are coming out of dormancy and are most susceptible to injury.