Need more info on NL automatic by Greenhouse Seeds

yeyo

How can it be that I found only one thread "Greenhouse seeds Northern Lights auto been a month and not flowering" on the internet. Is this strain so bad that nobody grows it? Maybe somebody have info about this strain? pictures? tips? Whatever... I've ordered 3 seeds and was surprised not be able to find any info, usually it plenty info about Greenhouse strains.

well the reason is that it is has been out only for a very few months. So it's not surprising that you don't see much about it, even the testers didn't receive a lot of it ;)

But i do have seen a few, and they were looking just very fine! as the mango auto do! have't taste them yet but looking forward to it ;)

1 thing for sure, they grow big girls, don't expect 20cm girls or something like that i think :)

Good luck with them ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for helping! Official info about this strain is:

FLOWERING INDOOR

8 weeks flowering time with a yield up to 800. gr/sq m. Can be flowered at 18 or 12 hours photoperiod. 10 weeks total crop time.

FLOWERING OUTDOOR

8 weeks flowering time with a great production up to 100-150 grams/plant. Long branching. Tall plant (90-120 cm).

Any ideas how to fit it in a box with dimensions 11"x15"x30"? Is this strain good for ScrOG or LST? What pot size should i use?

I'm thinking on growing organically with: organic soil, BioBizz nutrients (BioGrow, BioBloom, TopMax), 3 x 45 w cfls (as in my current Easy Ryder grow, using a bit of LST to make branches even).

yeah will help reduce the size :)

But 3x 45w i don't know if the girl will have enough light to give the best of her potencial, at least don't expect 100g on your plant ;)

And if you top her or any other technic, expect her to take just a little longer in total growing time, but won't be much :)

About the pots i usually use 11L pots, but i've had excelent results in 7l pots, and i think it would be better in your setup to use 7l to contain the growth size of the girl.

good luck man

• Like 1

Yes i know it's not much light but i have to stick with this setup for a while. 7 l pot would take a lot height of grow space. I have 3 l air pot so the roots shouldn't get bound? In my situation i think 40 g. would be great... Hope somebody will start grow journal with this nl auto soon

Thanks for helping

40g seems a little too high for me, but i wish that i am mistaking and that you will do even more :D

3L will do the work too, but the smaller the pots, the smaller the plant with auto's, take them as big as your room allows you, if it's 3L go for 3 ;)

Good luck man have a good grow

• Like 1

Thats why more info about secific strain is needed. I was growing Easy Ryder in 3 l. pot and it turned out very small. Now i'm growing in 6 l and the result is much better. But i'm a little woried to grow NL auto in 6 l pot cause it can overgrow my space a lot. But i gues you'll never know untill you try... Or read...

I believe Auto girls start flowering when their main Vertical root touches the bottom of the pots, so the higher your pot will be, the higher your plant will be, in contrary reg girls will continue to fill the pot even if they touch the bottom ;)

Best way to learn about a strain is to try her ;)

Good luck

• Like 1

I believe Auto girls start flowering when their main Vertical root touches the bottom of the pots, so the higher your pot will be, the higher your plant will be, in contrary reg girls will continue to fill the pot even if they touch the bottom ;)

Never heard about that, but it's interesting. Thought don't know if its true. The time Easy Ryder flowered in 3 l or in 6 l was exactly in 2.5 weeks and nothing else in those grows differed.

• Like 1

What you're talking about no grow jounals on NL auto. check the grow journal thread and you will see that there is one with 3 NL Autos.SECOND STRIKE ON SOIL it is called

I grow them and yeah they get tall for an auto, take a bit longer to get ready - 3 weeks plus but then they are still ready within 10 weeks or so - Autos are strange in terms of time table, The total life cycle matters more than the actual weeks in flower. Sadly that means the longer they are in VEG the fewer the final results. The first had to be harvested a bit too early and put out only 65 gram wet buds, so if lucky around 10 to 12 grams smokable bud plus trim. The buds are drying right now and look smell VERy promising . The Auto Bomb I grew before (my first Auto) brought a third more - 99 gram wet and more than 20 grams smokable.

If you would cure them out for months the final weight would be a lot less of course... Will see how much the other 2 girls put out but they are ready soon and I hate lazy overripe bud.

And if you want to get infos start a grow journal yourself. Give + Take !

ONE

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Dust, but i have to disagree with Fuzzy if he has not grown them yet! I thinkfimming or topping an autoflowering is a mistake, it just stunts the developement in your given time. Lst is more the way i think! At least i had good results with that! Happy growing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...