Best strains for relief of Glaucoma?

Stretchnomore

• 3 weeks later...

I know Big Bang to be a medicinal strain.

It's from Greenhouse. Tho they dont metion Glaucoma specifically, I dont believe it matters...

Medicinal weed is medicinal weed... It think it kinda means that its a bit anestetic and muscle relaxing.

I know Big Bang to be a medicinal strain.

It's from Greenhouse. Tho they dont metion Glaucoma specifically, I dont believe it matters...

Medicinal weed is medicinal weed... It think it kinda means that its a bit anestetic and muscle relaxing.

Thanks i have tried bigbang and whilst it was big hitting and majorly effected my short term memory lol i dont remember it being effective or bad for me.

i have huge problems with back pain mate and i have been told to try out a white widow or rhino,i have not yet as im in middle of grow but i will be,

there are all sorts of good medical strains,some not great if u want hard hitting but good for the pain relief,

also a nice medical honey is really good for my back pain too,

not sure if this will help at all

cheers

• Like 1

Um just to throw in my comment, glaucoma isnt really specific to the high you need or what you are smoking like indica or sativa. you pretty much just need to smoke . a result of this is eyes turning red which is the result of blood vessels constricting. there for relieving your pressure. now you just need to figure out a strain that works for you. do you want to be numb and stoned or do you prefer an up beat high that allows you to still go on with things in your day.you can have the best of both worlds with a good hybrid though that could always take a while to find your strain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

strain relating to eye care is something i need to do more research on, I have diabetes which can lead to blindness, and i pray it never happens.

For now though i don't have an answer i can give,

I give you a link where you may find the answers that you are looking for - http://www.medicalma...anastrains.com/

Peace

Lams

“In the early 1970s, scientists discovered that smoking marijuana reduced pressure in the eyes. Exactly how the cannabinoids in marijuana produce this effect isn’t known. Scientists have discovered CB1 receptors in the eyes, which may provide clues for future research on how marijuana affects glaucoma.”

Mayo Clinic Article – August 25, 2006

Glaucoma is a disorder of the eye in which the optic nerve suffers damage, usually caused by increased pressure on the eye. Since the 1970’s doctors have known that cannabis has the ability to lessen pressure on the eyes, bringing relief to those who suffer from glaucoma.

feature_glaucoma-300x119.jpg

We asked the folks at Sunset Shop in West Hollywood, California about some strains that would be best for those who suffer from this degenerative eye disease that often results in blindness. They told us that “a really heavy Indica like Chem Dawg, Skywalker, Pluto OG, or Grand Daddy Purple” works well for glaucoma.

Chem Dawg is characterized by dense, colorful buds that give off an extreme, skunky odor. Skywalker OG has a similar effect to CD, but the buds tend to display a more subdued coloring. Pluto OG provides a light, relaxing high and is also good for appetite stimulation. Grand Daddy Purple is an

iconic strain that comes with a grape-like taste and smell and a rather energetic high for an indica.

The folks at Apothecary Colorado had a good piece of advice for glaucoma patients when we talked to them. “Based on my research and experience,

there isn’t any one particular strain that has shown to be the most effective for glaucoma. According to research, there are cannabinoid receptors in the

eye that are affected by THC and CBD, which are two cannabinoids found in all strains. The most potent cannabis with high percentages of THC and CBD will probably work best for glaucoma. Rather than looking at specific strains, look at the potency. Potency does not depend on the strain, but also how it was grown. Also, keep in mind that everyone’s body reacts differently to different strains

and different cannabinoid levels. More research is definitely needed and there are many variables to take into account.”

Research is needed on a patient level, after all, patients are the ones who are affected by these issues. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different strains to treat your ailments; after all, cannabis is non-toxic and no one has ever overdosed with it.

How many medicines can that be said about? In a 1997 report The World Health Organization stated: “While THC has long been known to reduce the increased intraocular pressure of glaucoma, it has not been fully studied therapeutically….”

Later in the report they said: “Therapeutic uses of cannabinoids are being demonstrated by controlled studies in the treatment of glaucoma.”

There are thousands of medical marijuana patients who use cannabis to treat glaucoma. They study the issue everyday. Search them out online and ask them their experience with cannabis, and be sure to discuss your treatment options with your doctor and your strain choices with friends and your budtender.

Source for Mayo Clinic and WHO quotes: http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org

• Like 3

Tokage almost rigth but not Google better Seedfinder...the Acm (German Associaton for Cannabis as Medicine) has a entry over there which shows the diffrent Strains which help for diffrent diagnostics of Illness...........heres a link to the Complete list http://en.seedfinder.eu/research/medical/overview/ and heres the specific entrys for glaukoma: Grapefruit Kush(Emerald triangle seeds),

Purple Haze(White Label Seeds),Bangi Haze(Ace Seeds),Shaman(Dutch Passion) and Big Bang(Greenhouse Seed Company). Hope i could help you Stretch.

• Like 1

Tokage thats why everybody is welcome to enter strains and seedbanks which are missed. also love the growarticles over there where they say hom much stretch and so on perfect to find the plants that fit to your next growplans. And as i saw Big Bang from Ghsc is almost in every Medical Category seems like the Team has created a all in one medicne nice fact.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As good as THC may be for relief of pressure on the eye it won't bring back eyesight. I can only say go see the doctor and get an operation - most forms of glaucoma can be treated by transplanting artificial lenses. The world seems much brighter afterwards .

• 1 year later...

Hey guys

Was just wondering which strain is best for glaucoma? The condition runs in my family and i often suffer with pressure in my eyes- i have found certain strains dont help or even make it worse.

Any help appreciated

Hi friend, same with good friends of mine and I am sorry to tell you that weed is only helpful in certain cases of glaucoma. So check with your doctor first but I strongly doubt that weed can mak it worse.