Russia

Shakes

for you it is crap for many many growers in the cold climate like eastern europe or scandinavia autos are is 100% sure outdoor grow, now new generation auto hybrids can get 20% and more thc so stfu

and autoflowering strains can be grown 24/0 so they can outsmart the energy smartmeters

• Like 2

one of my mom friend from russia told me that there is somewhere in Kazakhstan a place names : wild valley. She told me, there is a big cannabis field. no people around there, and the plants are they all the time every year . there is much places in kazakhstan with big cannabis fields. i have a lot russian friends and they told me too that they are fields with cannabis plants.

• Like 1

thank you for the minus point, anyway i am not judging just like that, i grew "Pandora" from Paradise Seeds which is supposed to be the best auto flowering strain and i never had such a bad result in my life, the yield was not above 20 gramms and the potency is zero, no effect at all , the same happened to my friend who grew "Think Different" which is a very new auto strain and other auto strain called ultraviolet from Samaras, the result was he threw the ultraviolet away after 5 weeks and the the harvest of the "Think Different" was ashame, while the other normal strains like super lemon haze and chocolope were dank and fire really the finest quality. I can tell u many stories of people lost alot of money and time cuz of the auto flowering, that was my experience with auto strains.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

'm from Russia, I will answer any question) is the kind that ripen at the latitude of Moscow (Shaman puple-Passion), we're doing acclimatization, to North, the area of the taiga. our varieties for planting in June bloom in late July - mid-August, fully mature by the end of September with growth of 2 to 4 meters.

• Like 3

Namaste for all!! i working for this octouber go to Russia to find some plants... What is the best area in Russia for strain hunting?¿ are any place like Himachal in India ,Riff in Morocco or similar?

thanks for all

i think Russia a nice place for next Strain Hunters!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My russian friend tells me that russia has a long history with cannabis and in the day russia was connsiderd to grow top notch weed. Russia is a big place and im sure there a few rare and extra ordinary strains out there.

Yes, that is true. In south Russia and near Kasachstan you will find the strongest strains you can imagine. Ans not Ruderalis. Russia has many climate zones and very warm climate too.

What is the best area in Russia for strain hunting?

Everywhere in the south from the caspian see to Wladiwostok you will find great weed. Altai also!

And outside Russia in Ukraine the Krim is famous for the strongest weed.

• 8 months later...

Not only top notch weed- If you search around the web you will see- russia was the number 1 producer of hemp back in the day, and not by a hair, more like a mile (considering all da land we gots))) but personally i never had the time to travel and search for the strains, in fact many of the strains are kept in our national seed bank in saint petersburg, the vavilov institute i think, maybe you can reach out to them, since russia is so big, and maybe they have some thc strains, and since it is legal in amsterdam you can buy some off of them and see how they sprout? but maybe only hemp sorts they have... someone who knows what to look for should scan theyre site....

and yes krim in the ukr is famous for weed amongst us, many of us go out there to relax, as it is warmer and more weed so less pricey... altai yes those mountains definatly hold weed somewhere out there. but the weed can grow even more north too. but probably if you are searching for the strongest weed, then probably altai because of mountain height and uvb light is more there, and more sunlight in general cuz its the south of russia. maybe ural mountains? or somewhere in the mid plains, there should be some strong survivor sorts, wich probably harvest the sun as much possible through trichomes, but sadly neither I neither my friends have such info, as we are all moscovites, and time costs so much here(( that always when we travell we travel somewhere to relax where we know for sure weed grows)) but jah bless maybe time we will find, and one day greenhouse can come so we can make spetz hunt for dem strains)) if we can gather some good fine info of course, to not waste the time and money of anyone who wants to come get lost in our big land) peace all!

p.s yes to the west and north of vladi, many (even too much) weed is also growing, not much ppl live there so not much ppl fight the weed there)) i dont know about potency... as i said, hemp was very strongly cultivated till after the world wars, then we stopped.... political reason((( and probably many hemp is fly around and grow.... but iv also read, that with time, the hemp turns wild, becomes weeed, and even has chances to become strong ganja. this is russian reports. because when we dont look after them, there life is get more hard and random, and they need more power, so then come in the trichomes again, and start doing the magic of survival by pumping thc to catch light) so maybe we have tons of high grade ganja and just noone is clever enough to go and collect... then again, our goverment has the drug control agencys, wich look after the distribution as well as the criminilization... stupid mafias... all just go legal and now fuck

anyways....pps.... if ever SH was to come to russia, it would be because of some research, and definatly friends here, who can guide them on our land, and stuff like that... no easy job like in india, i remeber i went india, well by jolly i found the plant just by going to take a leak))) (lmao after my russian friends even smoked the lil plants leave(not bud!) desperate fools... i watched them and laughed) also russia can be dangerous outside of the cities, when we film a range rover expedition in russia, what they dont show is the helis and armored cars following to make sure everything is fine and cool, and many stories from the people who drive trucks very far can also calm you down if you want to go travell alone on russia.... of course its not zombie land, but always some desperate russian fool waiting for someone richer than him to pass by so he can chunk on the piece of cake(((( but then again only a fool stops on the road...

so look like weve gotta wait some more good years before strainhunters can uncover the beauties of ruderalis! peace out

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Autos are great for Lowbudget or no budget i remember years ago my first plant was an Lowryder by Joint Doctor. the seed was an gift from a friend for my birthday. it was great. i started in the end of may and in the end of july it finished. there was no need for expensive equipment like lamps filters air system and so on at daylight the plant was located on my very small balcony from with i can enjoy the sun the whole day (very lucky with this location) and in the night i located it on the window ledge. small plant small crop but also small work. i didn't pay any money on it an got around 37g after fermentation qualitiy was also good 

Ruderalis phenotypes and all the small autoflowers (e.g Little Cheese, Lowryder#2 or Royal Dwarf) are very good for Guerrilla-Growing in countrys where it is still illegal yet

if you want big autoflowering plant check the "Monster Rudi" strain wich is an Pintura Ruderalis plant that wilded out and crossed with local Hashplants from morroco 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

thank you for the minus point, anyway i am not judging just like that, i grew "Pandora" from Paradise Seeds which is supposed to be the best auto flowering strain and i never had such a bad result in my life, the yield was not above 20 gramms and the potency is zero, no effect at all , the same happened to my friend who grew "Think Different" which is a very new auto strain and other auto strain called ultraviolet from Samaras, the result was he threw the ultraviolet away after 5 weeks and the the harvest of the "Think Different" was ashame, while the other normal strains like super lemon haze and chocolope were dank and fire really the finest quality. I can tell u many stories of people lost alot of money and time cuz of the auto flowering, that was my experience with auto strains.

I mean no offense, but I did want to comment on your post.

Calling Pandora the "best autoflowering strain" is a very subjective thing to do. Different strokes for different folks, right? I didn't like Pandora but I did love Think Different.

Also, i hope you realize that you can't grow autos the same way as photos. IMHO, to have a high performing autoflower, you cannot under any circumstances stress the plant the first month or so. One small hiccup in the this critical phase and you'll have a 6 inch tall stick of bud coming out of the ground. I start the seeds in a nutrient light mix in 3 gallon pots, 1 gallon being the absolute bare minimum. Also, you need to keep giving her bloom nutrients until the stretching finally stops. Also, harvest when all the fan leaves naturally fall off. I don't judge by trichome color. Between weeks 8-12, I seed the buds swell like no other.

Also, weed is not just THC to get you high, it is a buffet of different kinds of cannabanoids (cbd/cbn/etc) which imprint their subtleties into the actual high. For example. I like ruderalis due to its high content of other cannabanoids. So for me at least, autoflowers are a godsend. 

• Like 1

also you should not forget that the Cannabis Ruderalis is a small Pioneer-plant that grows on abandoned airports and millitary facilitys in cold climate like in middle and northern russia. from my state of knowledge hemp uses THC as protection against the UV-rays from the Sun and in cold areas there isn't much UV-rays so the plant don't need to produce high amounts of THC. please don't mind if i'm wrong just tell me i'm not an expert on plants. also i have to say that the research and breeding with Ruderalis genes ist relative young. i'm sure in 5-7 years Autoflowering Strains will be as strong as normal Strains 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can see topic about ukrainian ruderalis http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/6971-ukrainian-ruderalis/ It is have not to so many difference with russian ruderalis. In russia people uses only export hashish and canabis or grow it from export seeds. All ruderalis plant don`t have enough power for smokinng like ukranian ruderalis. In mostly time this plant made one breader's for technical grow.