Butane or alcohol

farnzworth

Hey! Is there anybody outthere... :) That knows the difference between using alcohol or butane to extract the sweet hashish oil?

I've heard that some people use acetone, but will the outcome be pure?

Just want to know :)

May all your weed grow big and potent ;)

i haven't tried those kind of extractyion yet. but on most of the things i've read about it, the final word is too late it "evaporate" for long enough, like tok said there are supposed to leave no trace in the oil, but better be safe and let it sit a little longer to be sure if you are not ;)

But for sure i'll try thos extraction very soon. :)

Good luck keep us updated if you try any of those :)

BOth of these extractions are very easy and safe to do. I am not sure about the purity of the final product though - In my experience of making both when you do the iso extraction you need to be quick and limit the exposure time of the plant to the alcohol. then evaporate thoroughly I do this by leaving mine in a covered evaporating dish outside in a well ventilated spot. The Butane techniques is much easier to do but the final product is more difficult to isolate and handle correctly as it is very oily and tends to turn to oil with even slight warmth which makes handling it a nightmare. I am not sure if I am 100% happy with either of these solvents as I have not had the residue analysed although it would be interesting.

• 4 months later...

iso removes clorofil thats y u have to quik wash it. iso hexane is spoz to be better but good luck finding it. u can distill it from electronic cleaner but its a lenghthy process.

but i prefer a bho to iso any day