Arjan Haze #3, Big Bang GHSC Big Buddha Cheese & Dr. Undeground Crystal M.E.T.H.

anguscr

Guest superbluehaze

I think your EC is too low.

I would recomment an EC of .6 to 1.00 for seedlings.

Perhaps up your EC to .7 and see.

as they grow and become larger then use an EC of .8 to 1.2

happy growing,

john

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest superbluehaze

How often to do flood your plants?

I think the roots are too wet;

To lower Ec, just add water.

To increase it, add more nutrient.

happy growing,

john

• 2 weeks later...

Start the up date with kind of a freak out note, just receive the PH Meter solution gauge, clean the meter & meassuasre the PH & it was in 6.8... the meter was lying to me!!!, already adjusted it to 5.6 but I did feed the ones in the Flood & Drain one time reason why I flush them with water with a 5.6 PH. Same deal with the DWC!!!

The Crystal METH 1 did not suffer that much & it's looking better:

Crystal METH 1

CM%201%20%20%201%20%20%2002%2008%202010.

The Crystal METH 2 sufers a litle bit more:

Crystal METH 2

CM%202%20%20%20%2002%2008%202010.JPG

The Big Bangs 1 & 2 did not sufer that much. still recovering from my mistakes:

Big Bang 1

Big%20Bang%201%20%20%20%201%20%20%2002%2

Big Bang 2

Big%20Bang%202%2002%2008%202010.JPG

The Big Bangs 3 & 5 & the Cheese were on the DWC & did sufer:

Big Bang 3

Big%20Bang%203%2002%2008%202010.JPG

Big Bang 5

Big%20Bang%205%2002%2008%202010.JPG

The Cheese

Cheese%20%20%20%201%20%20%2002%2008%2020

EC=96 on Flood & Drain, EC=72 on the DWC, PH is 5.6 on both... I hope that with the corrections made they'll grow & turn green in the following day.

Again, any thoughts are welcome.!

Guest superbluehaze

Hi my friend,

your plants are looking much better, but I think your ph is too low. Green House grow in rockwool, which needs a lower ph; try raising your ph to 5.9 or 6; and when flowering raise it a few points or two higher to around 6.2 to 6.4. this allows more potassium and phosophorus to be absorbed by the plant.

The different strains may need a different Ec level, as the indicas like a high Ec level, whereas the sativas do not.

Follow the directions by Green house, but remember your ph should be a couple of points higher, as you are not growing in rockwool.

You can also put an air stone under each plant, which makes sure the roots have plenty of oxygen

all the best, and happy growing,

john

Hi guys... Thank you all for your comments.

Tokage... Yes, I do need to transfer them to a larger pot when I tranfer them to the 20 galons reservoir, but I keep the old small pot & just place it in the other & fill it up with volcanic rocks.

John... Got you on the PH matter (did not new about the GH instructions based on rockwool) thaks a lot!. My idea is to place the Sativas & Indicas in different 20 galon reservoir or in a 5 galon bucket individually, wich one would be better?

I do have an air stone below each plant & it's working fine & I will raise the PH.

Thank you all guys!!!!

I changed the water & nutes yesterday, the girls look very good:

Group%202%20%20center%2014%2008%202010.J

Just The Big Bang3 & the Crystal METH are still recovering:

Big Bang3

Big%20Bang3%20%20%202%20%20%2015%2008%20

Crystal METH

CM2%20%20%202%20%20%2015%2008%2020100_0.

Hope they both recover in the following days. I keep the PH in 6.1 & EC= 1.1

Thank u all!!!

It's been a week & the girls are looking good:

Grupo%2021%2008%202010.JPG

Just a weird decoloring of 1 Big Bang & 1 Cheese, last week those leafs were dark green, I thought that was maybe the stress transfer it from one side to the other, but it's been a week & it is turning more yellow

Grupo%20Izq%2021%2008%202010.JPG

Big%20Bang%202%20%201%20%2021%2008%20201

Cheese%2021%2008%202010.JPG

The second DWC System has the plants that are Still recovering, all look ok, just one Pain Killer is kind of down:

PK%20down%201.JPG

I really need help to find out why out of 19 plants, 3 are not performing/feeling good as the others.

HELP!!

Hi Fuzzy... I growing this girls in a DWC with sprayer constantly shooting nutes to the roots, the jiffys are on the top & very dry & actually the Big Bang that is getting the lower leafs yellow has not jiffy.

With the actual system I'm using, I do not think that there's a way to run then on a wet / dry cycle, if there is let me know.

DWC%20interior%20con%20agua.JPG

It's been 4 days since the last up date & the girls are looking much better, specially the ones on the left side wich are the ones never suffer or recuperate very fast:

Grupo%2027%2008%202010.JPG

The green is almost totally back & the babes look very good:

Lado%20Izquierdo%2027%2008%202010.JPG

& they develop some nice roots too:

Roots%20left%202.JPG

The ones in the right side are still recovering & they barely develop some roots:

Lado%20derecho%2027%2008%202010.JPG

Roots%20right%2027%2008%202010.JPG

I hope this babes recover in the next couple of weeks, but some are developing very slow.

Any thoughts are welcome, I need some help in recovering this plants... so I'll appreciate any help my friends.

Hello guys... I decided to do kind of a SOG since I have nothing in flowering, I'm taking 9 out 19 plants from different strains (first time I do this, I did a SOG with White Widow only & it went very well, really high production); so I'm using 2 Big Bangs, 1 Cheese, 1 Arjan Haze #3, 1 Crystal METH, 1 Yummi, 1 Melon Gum & 2 PainKillers:

SOG%20desde%20lejos%20iluminaci%C3%B3n.J

SOG%20grupo.JPG

SOG%20fondo%202.JPG

SOG%20frente.JPG

I'll keep the other 10 plants on Vege under a 65W CFL & 2 flourecents & cold & 1 Warm, some of them still need to recover a bit:

Mother%20waiting%20room.JPG

Mother%20waiting%20room%20luz%201%20y%20

Maybe clone a couple of this babes, we'll see...:

I started a SOG 7 days ago & I wanted to star a new post on this matter. Sea of Green (SOG) is the theory of harvesting lots of small plants, matured early to get the fastest production of buds available. Instead of growing a few plants for a longer period of time, in the same space many smaller plants are grown that mature faster and in less time. The idea is that plants should create what is called a "green canopy" that traps most of the light at the top level of the plants. Little light will penetrate below this level, since the plants are so close together, but I'll try some CFL side lights.

The Strains in the SOG are the following:

2 Big Bangs, 1 Cheese, 1 Arjan Haze #3, 1 Crystal METH, 1 Yummi, 1 Melon Gum & 2 PainKillers.

This is how it looks after 6 days in 12/12

SOG%20top.JPG

PH=6.1 EC= 1.3, I'm using a lower EC than the one on the GHSC feeding chart since they're small, I'll raise the EC acordding to what the plants tell me. We'll see how it goes....

Guest superbluehaze

they are looking good my friend, but you have a small nutrient problem.

Notice how the tips of some leaves are point down, this is a sign of too much nitrogen.

I would flush and then lower the amount of nutrient.

The leaves do this just before they show sign of burning.

it is a minor problem as long as you get on to it.

happy harvest,

john

John, my man you have eagle/mastergrower/reasercher eyes... you are absolutly righ, just flush them with PH balanced water & adjust the nutes, I hat a 1.5 EC, I lower it to 1.0, should the tip of the leaves star to look up pretty soon? I guessing that will be the indication that they're ok now.

Man you save my SOG to sufer, much appreciate.

Thanks a lot, John.

Fuzzy... The Cheese's from Big Buddha & I bought it in the grow I buy all my stuff.

& today my friends I found another male, this one is a Yummy from Resin Seeds:

Yummy%20male%202.JPG

Yummy%20male%204.JPG

Yummy%20male%201.JPG

Man, both supose to be feminized, hope this is the last male or is not going to work as a SOG.

BigGreenBuds told me to save the polen bags to use them to polinate in the future, but I don't no how or when is the correct time to cut them off?

Any help on the matter will be much appreciated.