Rookie question - Winter Grow !

DailyStoner

Hello guys i have a question.

i 've seen on GHS catalog some autoflower that can grow all year round with temperature being the only thing that can get the plant die.

the catalog says that the temperature must remain above 10 degrees C .

So is a winter outdoor grow possible supposing the temperature will remain above 10 degrees ?

Is the winter light enough ?

Is there any strain you know that can stay alive in even colder situations like -5 C (at nights)?

I live in the North-Central part of Greece is it worth to try it and find out (i'd love to make an experimental grow) or would it be be a waste of time ?

If i plant it now with a 2 month grow i will harvest it around New Year and the temperature then will some thing like -7 C at night and like 10 C at noon.

The temperature now is something like at 20-25 at day time and like 6-12 C at night !

Thank you for your time :)

• Like 1

i think if it doesn't get below 10 like you say they should be fine, as long as you still have sunny days!!

For the girls that will resist to extreme cold, i have no experience in those kind of grow sorry, but we have many nordic growers, maybe some of the nordic strains will suits your need ;)

Good luck man

where are ou from Stoner?

I live in Berin, I dont know if that compute as a nordi tho... but winnters here are way wway to cold and with no light

I´m from Leon, north Spain, and even there the climate will be not good. There is enoght light during the day, but temperatures are below 10C for a couple of months

I hope this helps

Going indoors is your best bet for getting a nice bit of bud growing.

shortest day (winter solstice 9 hrs daylight)

Average hours of sun in december 3.5 hours a day.

average weather conditions for greece in december are windy, fairly wet & cool, with snow in the mountains.

freezing weather kills cannabis.

cold and wet weather can lead to moldy plants.

You've made the right descion waiting untill march to grow outdoors, good luck with your indoor grow.

Don't forget to show us your pics :)

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

from my experience plants will be ok till temperatures are over 0.C - 2-3 days with continous temperatures under 0 and plant dies - maybe you could find some strains which are prepared for lower temperatures - i remember hollands hope which i had to dig from the snow and it was alive :D and under 10.C plants growth is slowered or even stopped

yout should try hybrids from hell from esben [scotish] or some danish strains like http://www.sanniessh...heribei-en.html

• 1 month later...