DAMNESIA - First try - COMPLETED

Bam-Bhole

Received the seeds + Hybrid powder 2 weeks ago and kick started 3 seeds the same evening... Two of those made it into seedling form, one sported the tap root instead of the leaves and after 10 days or so I tossed it. Instead I started a new replacement seed in the nirvana Propagator Pro I ordered for this contest. Same story - the seed grew the tap root - but i noticed it early enough and turned it around in time. Now it starts fresh again and stretches towards the light..(if you look very close you can see it above that empty cube hole inside that nice Propagator)

I got a homemade grow room with 2 lights - 400 watt HPS and/or MH. Holds up to 10 plants at the same time in 4 gallon pots.

A Veg room with 2 55watt T.5 neon lights - Bright white and regular white - 9.600 lumen / 6.300 lumen.

For the most critical stage = sprouting and taking the seeds to Veg I just ordered this nice Propagator set with root cubes perlite & bacto. (Got another well hidden 10 FREE seeds in a tablet strip on top - nirvana mix regular - nearly tossed it without discovering the seeds !)

Nutes are Greenhouse Powder Feeding Hybrid, Canna FLUSH / Rhyzotonic BIO / PK 13/14.

HESI Super Vit, Plagron Vita Race and Bio Bizz Superzym plus molasses and a ph tester from GHE incl PH Down powder 250 grams. You can see that stuff lined in front of the water bucket..

Seeds get watered first, then in towels , next in Jiffys, Grodan starter blocks or the new mini root cubes I like best and used for the 3rd seed.

The first 2 were rooted in Grodan starter blocks. They were put in small pots with the usual COCO/PEBBLES mix I want to use for this grow.

These are the facts so far. I took some pix when the goods arrived. Had to reload my camera batteries in between - Finally got a picture from tonight that shows the state of things atm.

Pictures show the first 3 seeds starting out - First try to get the correct EC numbers from the powder..lol

Had to add the same amount of water to get the 1.9 I wanted..

The last picture shows the 2 DAMNESIA seedlings catching T.5 Neon lights...

Rooted fine but one leave got burnt a bit, but the first real leaves are coming fine..

Next pix show the seedlings..may they prosper !

post-10461-0-95759700-1351446144.jpg

post-10461-0-86689100-1351446163.jpg

post-10461-0-75329900-1351446180.jpg

post-10461-0-40891800-1351446214.jpg

post-10461-0-17600300-1351446260.jpg

post-10461-0-04166300-1351446663.jpg

post-10461-0-32745900-1351446728.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for your kind words. To make things clear. The 3 cracked seeds grew well, problem was that one had turned around too far and grew the tap root to the light ! That means there was only a white sticky pin visible - no green material, no leaves and it was too late to change the direction of growth.... I had more luck with the new Damnesia seed in the little cube. Just checked and it pushes above the soil just fine - about 2 cm I guess. Pictures will follow with the next update.

I must say I really dig that small Propagator-works really well and helps breeding out the young seeds like they were in the jungle.. Lots of condensed water on the plastic walls - The temp strip works well, too! Cheap materials and a simple construction - but it works great so far..

Peace + Grow

Hi Jose ! Thanks for ur comment, what exactly do you mean by is it home ?

I place it on top of the heater when possible, other times inside the VEG room..

Before I got the Prop I grew the Damnesia seedlings under the T.5 NEON like that (under more advanced young plants)

picture 1

--------------

pictures 2,3 & 4 show what happened since I started the replacement Damneisia seed - tap root grew thru in a strange angle maybe due to the turnover process- again taproot pointed out of the soil instead of the seed..

Anyway , that left me with no chance but to transplant it even at this early stage - mix with a bit of Canna Seed Mix but mainly Coco/pebbles.

check :

post-10461-0-63337800-1351603192.jpg

post-10461-0-33796800-1351603210.jpg

post-10461-0-96735100-1351603222.jpg

post-10461-0-88122300-1351603243.jpg

• Like 2

No, these were strains I started before the contest. I just showed them cause of the Grodan starter blocks with the Damnesia seedlings in their earliest stage.

The 3 Damnesia seedlings look like this today .. a little bit burnt + rugged But they will make it.. always a gamble to find the exact distance from lights to canopy.

post-10461-0-27887200-1351784715.jpg

• Like 3

cool man thanks for the pic, about the light distance at this stage i always keep them around 60-70cm, they don't need as much lumens as when older at this age ;)

Good luck to thme man keep us updated :D

Yeah the distance varies a lot esp with the T.5 NEON : if it is too far the effect is close to zero. With HPS it is even worse..easy to burn the plants. Usually i would use Metal Halide and 50 cm or so but atm. things are pretty difficult due to one large Haze in flower, nearly touching the Cool tube at it's highest possible angle and i don't wanna use another 400 watt just for the young ones .. so i am always building some kind of podests for the various plants during the 12 hour shift..

In only 1 hour i managed to burn 2 of the 3 female seed plants ( 1 C'99, a Tropical Ice (WW&Big Bud) and an 8 week Neville Haze) in front of that 9 month old (!) Arjan Haze#3 I am dying to smoke asap. Gorgeous aroma and a wicked punch as far as the high gets - Outside all summer flowering inside since a good 7 weeks.

Just to give y'all an impression of the facts of this first grow I show the other plants - I know we will concentrate on the strains we got from GHS for this contest; but since there is nothing much else to explain take a look..

Planning to grow with a SCROG for the first time to get really a lot of buds from these 3 seeds. The SCROG gets it's own 400 watt Lights then.

Nuff words - now the facts..

I hope the distances for each stage of growth is correct like that. After the 12 hours I put the 3 seedlings back under the T.5 NEON - so they get 18 hours - The 3 bigger 5 week olds are on a 12 hour shift, still waiting to see them start flowering...

strange looking Haze plant, topped her early in VEG so there are 2 main branches where the buds are (in case you wonder - it is one plant!)..really old and wooden stems but the smell is awesome .. already nice to smoke like this but I'll give her antoher 2 or 3 weeks to reach maximal potency + yield.. By then things will get much easier...

post-10461-0-25888900-1351798313.jpg

post-10461-0-85505400-1351798369.jpg

• Like 3

I know what you mean with 12/12 from seed i often have girls at diferent stages so have this height problem often, but can always be solved with some little arangmentss ;)

Cheers man thanks for reply