Need help problems outside.

Count42Zero

Guest samuelo
what stage are the plants at? are you using nutrients? is the soil well ariated? have you sprayed them?

more info and we can give a better answer

cmon people lets find a solution for the count

Ok so heres the deal, this isnt my grow just trying to help a friend out since I have a temp grow room there. They are feeding the plants a miracle grow high nitrogen fertilizer . I know that the fan leaves on the plants outside were also cut off and I thought maybe it caused them to get a disease or pest problem. My other thought was maybe they had a toxic nutrient build up and needed to be flushed. Either of those sound plausible?

Hey count, miracle grow is a very cheap fertilizer that doesnt provide any micro nutrients at all. I would stop using it altogether. There are hundreds of very good fertilizers out there that are inexpensive and provide the plants with the nutes they need. I use miracle grow every once in a while on young plants but only one application then I use a 3 part nutrient system. Go to a grow shop and talk with the owner about a better fertilizer because miracle grow just wont give you good bud. Hope that helps Count.

greenthumb

i'v had high nutrient problems in the past,

the fellas down my local hydro shop told me to remove the top layer of soil,

scrape it of & throw away and replace with fresh 'unfertilised' compost, just scrape it away till u see the roots, dont wanna damage the roots much tho!

get well soon!

peace

So all of the plants were flushed two days ago and will continue to feed with regulater water for a few days before going to quarter strength solution. I am assuming that hurt leaves will stay the same and I will be able to tell how they are doing with the new growth? And thanks NW didnt think Miracle Grow was the best for cannabis will switch to different fertilizer and have new pics posted in a day or two.

• 4 weeks later...

Down here, the ladies grow outside in pots as well. I only feed them water when the top soil has turned a bit crusty and the rest is still more or less moist. Every week or so, I add a little fertilizer for herbs to the water.

Outdoor crops, in my humble opnion, don't need much of the indoor mojo.

Guest superbluehaze

Hello my Friend,

I am not sure exactly what the problem is but my guess is that it is either a deficiency of manganese or zinc, and most certainly a micro element deficiency, do as Fuzzy has said;

Also you need to feed them a COMPLETE nutrient;

Miracle grow, for example, has no magnesium in it at all, and magnesium is the main element needed to build Chlorophyll; without chlorophyll no photosynthesis. Foliage feed your plants with a Complete nutrient.

Fish emulsion is great; I grow hydro and us it as an additive.

Seaweed, too, contains enzymes and many lots of micro nutrients.

happy growing,

john