Whats your favorite place to eat or food?

Nazareth 225

Hello,

I have been in the food biz for over 20 years. Just wondering what some of your favorite places to eat or local dishes to eat while in the Dam. Last year I fell in love with the whole food scene over there. I am currently writing a food truck biz plan and would love to incorporate some dutch items.

Peace!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nice man :) I didn't get much chance to eat outside of the GH coffeshop, but damn the food is good at GH. maybe next tiem i'll try those place ;)

We went with Mr.X to the Pasta Plaza, is the street near the GH centrum coffee, very small place but pizzas and pasta are very good!

Cheers guys ;)

• 1 month later...

Aiai, food and smokes :) mmmm

Well in Amsterdam, the best resturant where we always did meetings is The Bird! A thairesturant next to the budist temple, right downtown. I am vegetarian, and the food is great, non of the meeteaters have complained, hehe. Might be a small line, but goes fast. If you are in a hurry, they have a small takeaway right across the street, but smaller meny.

For dessert, there is none abowe, Dan's Cupcakes!!! It's located next to a very nice bar as well, Belgique baer, in the first sidestreet after Dam squere on the left, towards the sentral station! Black and white cupcakes, I can eat all day!!! mmmmm want to go there now and eat one, hehe, next time. Also not far from there in the main shoppingstreet is a tiny hommade icecreem place, that is greeeeeeeat! mmm only vanilla, but delicious! DOnt remember the name, but if you have your back against Dam it's on your right hand side, small purple sign above ( if I remember correctly )

Also right across Greenhouse Coffeshop Harlemerstraat, is a tiny cafe on t he corner with wooden benches outside, great natchos w/ guacaolamole. Not culinary, but great munchies ;)

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Hehe, munchies is the story of my life ;) proffesional candy stocker hehe.. mmm miss amsterdam candy, Spain is horrible with food & sweets...

ok, here we go, AH buttercotch chocolate, AhExellent caramell fidge sticks( ooo myy goood) , rollo, AH fruitjuices, ahhhhh best munchies! Marcipan chocloath balls, liqurish/drop, !! Belegde Gauda stytjes, mmmm Hummus! All the veggie products!! list goes on an on..

• Like 1

It has to be Cafe de Klos right next to Leidseplein, 30 minute bike ride from Green House Coffeeshop on haarlemmerstraat.

Best lamb and ribs I ever ate in my life, owner is a very nice guy. Do yourself a favor get the lamb or the marinated rib (i forget the name) not the dry smoked one.

Opens at 4 PM , so you know it's gonna be good! I recommend leaving the centrum when it's time to eat.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Burgerbar, not sure if its a chain or what but there was one on that long road that leads from Barneys n Greenhouse down passed double reggae and the freeworld, across the road past all the real shops across the square n so on (not sure if it is technically one road but its pretty much straight and the life line of ow I navigate in dam) we found it on the way back from old amsterdam.

Just called bugerbar but man it was good, czn get near enough whatever you want on the burger, the chips (fries whatever) were also amazing and it was very affordable. Recomended to anyone who enjoys a nice big burger ;)

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm i think for the food they had credit card but i'm not really really sure.. but there was cash machine at like 50m from the coffee.

But for sure for the weed and seeds it was cash

back when i was planning to go in January. i did find several places that took cc for seeds but not sure at the good places. The winter storm hit and forced me to travel home another way :|

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...