What You Think about to CURE with Orange Peel or Prunes ?

Pi2

Hi there, I'm few days from hervest. all ineeds to be done is dry and cure. I just wonder if any of Hunters have experience of:

Curing Bud with some nice aroma fruit?

What about mold?

How long?

Any Tips?

Please help to make a right decision..

Good Luck Strain Hunters!

Only time i have done something is when i got some bag weed from a dealer and it was super dry and tasted real shite. so i ground it up and put it in a mason jar with 2 small lemon peels. It re hydrated it and added a lemon tinge. but be careful as it could mold up pretty quick. ;)

hey man, i'll tell you my way of drying, it is not THE way and everyone has it's way to d ry depending on his needs ;)

So i take away all major leaves 3 4 days before harvest ( i leave in humid place so need to avoid mold places as much as possible) then i let the plants for 1 days in the dark to make sure i cut them after a Dark period, never cut after a day of light.

when i cut i let them hang for minimum 1 week to 2 3 week if weather is not too dry, after the hanging i do the final manicure before i put them in the Jars. Then i put in jars and open for about 1 hour everyday the first weeks. after about a month i only open them once a week more or less (when i don't take weed in it hihi)

II know some people like to press the buds a little before putting them in Jar so it breaks some trichomes and let more aromas in the jars, but don't know how efficient it is never tried...

About the lemon pill i would add them only after a few week in the jar already just to make sure mold is out of the buds and don't risk it, and in that case i would open everyday the jars and move everything to make sure nothing settles

Have a good smoke man ;)

• Like 1

personaly adding flavour to my weed is not my thing.

I know there are many different ways people do add flavours, but i have to say, I ignore such writings.

Cannabis is so beautiful in so many ways, especially when it comes to smelling and tasting her, a good cure will bring out the complexity of the terpins and find natural flavours which you won't get with speed drying.

My opinion don't bother, but if it is something you reeaaallly want to try, either another hunter will advise you or you can google it, the internet is your friend. ;)

I wish you a good cure what ever you decide and please share your experiences with us. :)

Peace

Lams

Would never do this my own grown stash. I wouldnt do it period because i wouldnt buy bad smoke or grow bad smoke. why risk mold, bugs, etc. if you dry your weed out as slow as possible and do what dust said fira cure you will be golden. some people like curing for 3 months or longer. i think Arjan says paper bag at 7 -8 degrees for 3 MONTHS!

• 3 weeks later...

Arjan prefer 5-6 month in the grow session videos. And i'm shure that the herb from the "last-Year-harvest-jar" is always better then herb by the same strain, but harvested 6 weeks ago. Don't know when time turned to an disadvantage during the curing. The idea to put additive flawor to herb, sounds like a rape for the herb. Sorry but i didn't like the approach! In my thoughts it's impossible to make such a savoury herb like ganja, more tastier with additives. In my mind there is only one solution for your problem. Buy or grow better weed!

Cheers 'n roll it up...anyway!

gus

I don't recommend it - if you do it be careful and check every 12 hours and take out immediately after the buds are fluffy. I happened to get some of my buds getting too dry after 4 month or o and the main problem being a Haze that was too wet for my liking as a pure weed in paper smoker, while the bong smokers with tobacco loved it already..So I put the buds in my special "oven" - a shoe box from Camel boots, you won't believe how dry the buds get after only one night inside that box - no heat no fans nothing attached. My bad was the fact I already had the buds in jars for a few weeks, so I lost a) 11 grams ! 33 first 22 after drying ! If you smoke the buds all yourself that may not be a big issue but if you sell some it is 100 Euro more or less.

Anyway - after the wed was crumbly over dry I added ome fresh Haze leaves from trimming AND some peel from a mandarin. After 12 hours the buds were soft and fluffy again - now too wet to smoke - so you see how delicate things like that are .

• 5 years later...