colloidal silver for feminizing seeds

I have recently encountered this technique from a good friend of mine who did this on a small scale in his backyard. I tried it on 6 female clones from another friend and sprayed them all once after putting them into a flowering cycle from veg. 2 showed just a few male flowers but one that continually sprayed half of the plant daily for 2 weeks showed all male flowers with no female flowers at all while the other half was completely female with no male flowers at all. This is one of the most incredible techniques that I have ever witnessed. I am now able to get stable seeds from the large variety of clones available to me. Does anyone else have experience with using colloidal silver for inducing male flowers on female plants and their long term results?

Guest superbluehaze

I believe that this is one techniques to use to get a female to release pollen; there are others using hormones and stress.

I do not know too much about this, but I would be cautious;

if it was done too much I think it would lead to weak and sickly plants, as no new genes are being introduced into the gene pool with each new generation.

Nature hates a vacumn;

I think all the regressive genes would line up and be expressed in the offspring, which would not resemble their parents or grand parents, and would not breed true for the desired traits.

happy growing,

john

• 2 years later...

just want to bring the topic back up

for years i have been messing around with giberliins and i love colloidal silver i use it in mycology

but i used to use silver nitrate i can understand how colloidal silver works maybe a bit of giberelic acid to push out that mutation

will have to start work on how much and when and remember you only need a couple of balls (ha ha ha sounds like me ) of pollen to

impregnate a female and it is a great way of fixing a phenotypes and trate's was hoping if anyone out there could share info with me

and maybe down the track we can do a tek

peace big red