Twilight - LED 200W - New Cab

lamsbread

hehe yeah nice surprise ;)

roots look happy too indeed congratz man ;)

Thanks Dust :D

peace be with you bro :)

Man those are some healthy white roots :) I completely agree with you about the Micorrizhae and the airy nature of your media being to blame lol. I learned about it in my biology course and used it on my auto grow (Botanicare ZHO) it's incredible stuff, plus it is already in the Pro-mix HP soiless I use. Love to see healthy happy plants and you just made my morning thanks! :biggrin:

Thanks smokey, I'm pretty happy with them roots too :D And agree whole heartedly about mycorrhizae is amazing stuff, I love it.

Peace bro :D

Wow!!!! McGiver has nothing on you.

Looks like more planning went into this than went into building the Golden Gate Bridge LOL

Good Job, looking forward to this grow and the LED's, it would be nice to cut some power $$$

Thanks for dropping by Newfriend, I did do a bit of planning ;) glad to hear you gonna follow this grow, lets see what can be achieved with my light.

So far it has been making good progress in this test run and looks to be on track as to my expectations.

Lams

• Like 1

Nice toaor :D this will sure be nice.

I would like to see what you been looking at , could you link me to what you looking at.

The prices sound great,I would especially like to see the 5W models,I've looked at some myself.

I would still think the 3w models would be the ones to goes for 3W chip are still more efficient and effective than 5W at the moment, but research is on going with the 5W chip to make them more efficient and to reduce heat output.

I'm sure your aware that 80 x 3W will probably equate to a 160W - 180W power draw/output as the chips will be driven by approx two thirds of there rated optimal output,I'm sure you know this, but I thought I'd mention it and it might be useful to other reader.

Keep me updated bro

Peace

Lams

Thanks toke it is ok to post these videos here . Normally i'd keep a grow journal just for the grow, but I'm sure people will enjoy.

If anyone else has a video they want to share about LED PM me and we can start a new thread, just so I can mainly keep this as a journal.

One complaint that people may have is that videos like this are made by companies to sell their wares. I can't imagine that Prosource would build such a big grow to prove their point, but they probably did give this guy a decent discount in return for allowing them to make the video.

Is there some nice weed, yes there is, can LED grow nice buds,yes they can, but proving that is where we are currently at.

It is therefore important that independant growers on forums document their grows with LED light in their journals for several reasons, one - so all dimensions ,measurements and yeild can be given, two - so people can ask questions and get a straight answer & three - show that the grow has nothing to do with the manufacturer.

I have been interested in LED for quite a while now and have also been inspired by grows, of the likes of Toaor, MrX & Jay Ryan (unfortunately not in forums for a while) as well as other here and on other forums, hats of to all of you who took the initiative to go forth in to the unknown and try some thing new.

So far my LED is doing me proud, but we wait and see until they chopped to see the end result.

I have not fimmed or topped or even pruned the small branches at the bottom of my plants, this because I want to know how far down the useful light can reach.

I have however defoliated them,I am liking this technique as it promotes more bud sites and allows the light to reach all the way down inside the canopy, it also allows more air to be able to circulate.

There is a lot more I could say but that will have to wait, as I will write a full report as soon as I can, trying to answer as many LED related question I can.

I will update my grow in the next day or so , just as soon as I get a spare bit of time, as I have mentioned here and there in my posts, December and January are my busiest time of the year with the work I do.

Thanks again Toke for putting in some time and effort into this interesting topic :)

Peace

Lams

Hi bro !!!!

nice report, LEDs are very efficient home. I think you also take care

Good continuous PEACE!!!!!!!!

Hi brother :) thanks you for your kind words. I am having fun and enjoying my grow, thanks for dropping by.

Much peace be with you :D !!!

Looking nice,

could we please please have a photo showing the whole plant?

It is getting interesting for sure, with no veg.

Hi bro, the pics of the top of the plants and the roots are from the same session of photos and grow update on page 4, so go back a page and you see full length shots.

Alternatively I will be up dating my journal tomorrow (20/01/13) or the day after.

Things are starting to look really nice ;).

When growing from seed 12/12 light, it takes about 3 weeks before the plants are mature enough to flower, so their is still a kind of veg period.

Ok that all for now, more to come soon :)

Peace brothers

Lams

• Like 1

62 Days From Germ

Light 12/12 from the start

Temps day 25oC

Temps night 20oC

Humidity 45%-55%

Soil Ph 6.5

Currently feeding 1ml per ltr Biobizz Grow, 3ml per Ltr Biobizz Bloom & 1ml per Ltr biobizz Top Max.

I also used 5ml of maxicrop seaweed plant stimulator in 2litres of water, which is a half strength solution.

Heights

• Tall girl - 92cm
  • middle girl - 79cm
  • short girl - 69cm

Hi hunters

Since my last update things have been going pretty steady,the girls are healthy and they have no problems with pests or diseases.

In my last up date I defoliated all the really large fan leaves that were shading out the lower buds sites, which allowed them to grow and put out new leaves.

Six days later I took the fan leaves that connected to each bud site, now that they have new leaves and have little buds are bigger.

Six more days leads us to here and the buds sites are really starting to look nice.

When you do a major defoliation the plants look a little bare, but do not worry the soon have new leaves where I want them and they not causing lots of shade.

Some of the leaves are starting to show a small amount of going purple, which is not a suprsze as it is a purple variety.

Even if it is a purple variety, some grower have reported that it just stayed green, they said it was a pheno type thing, I'm not sure though, it may be down to a too warm a grow room and night time temps not dropping low enough.

I plan to drop my night time temps for the last two week, which is the time it puts on most colour.

Am I happy the way the light is working and growing my plants?

The answer is yes, It seems to be doing what I want it to be doing, which is growing my ladies.

I am still currently using the full spectrum, which will help new leaves grow after I defoliated, that extra blue really helps new foliage.

There a quite a lot of pics this week I ended taking 91 shots and managed to wittle it down to 25 lmao xD

So with out further ado here's the pics

Peace brothers and sisters

Lams

Tall girl

post-8436-0-33886500-1358719672.jpg

post-8436-0-52272000-1358719664.jpg

post-8436-0-52088500-1358719653.jpg

post-8436-0-30185700-1358719646.jpg

post-8436-0-43464900-1358719639.jpg

post-8436-0-64895400-1358719629.jpg

Middle girl

post-8436-0-12953200-1358719863.jpg

post-8436-0-28427500-1358719862.jpg

post-8436-0-46045300-1358719855.jpg

post-8436-0-70652500-1358719804.jpg

post-8436-0-56284200-1358719797.jpg

post-8436-0-13408300-1358719788.jpg

Short girl

post-8436-0-71114600-1358719932.jpg

post-8436-0-76947100-1358719963.jpg

post-8436-0-60240700-1358719985.jpg

post-8436-0-42749400-1358719994.jpg

post-8436-0-62453800-1358720003.jpg

post-8436-0-36515500-1358720014.jpg

post-8436-0-05163700-1358720022.jpg

The girls together

post-8436-0-66174000-1358719535.jpg

post-8436-0-97602600-1358719523.jpg

post-8436-0-90459200-1358719513.jpg

post-8436-0-09683700-1358719507.jpg

post-8436-0-03103000-1358719495.jpg

post-8436-0-92587900-1358719500.jpg

post-8436-0-75439900-1358719617.jpg

post-8436-0-29774700-1358719869.jpg

• Like 1

beautiufl man love the short one, she has pretty crown around her colas and missa like thisa hubahuba!

Girls seem to be doing very fine, maybe not the optimal shape to get the best out of a LED grow but you gave much love and they'll give you back :D they already do actually ^^

Keep the news coming man have a good grow

Thanks Dust :) yeah the short one is my favorite too.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I let these plant grow as they like so I can test how far down the light can go and still produce buds.

When people ask if these light have the intensity to reach further down , I want to be able to give an account from personal experience.

I totally agree this is not the most efficient way to grow my girls, but I had find out what this light can do.

This test grow is the reason I have not started my world cup grow yet.

I would like to get another LED and do a scrog with my money makers and see what I can achieve.

Thanks for dropping by

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 1

perhpas you did mention it, maybe i even already mentioned what i said too!! when i typed it sounded familiar in my ears lolol ;)

But like i said i know that whn you do something you know what you are doing, if someone can be ready it's you lol, so no worries for you for me ;)

Good luck man

• Like 1

Looking nice.

I will have to change my way of thinking. I thought the fan leaves are the main engine for the buds.

I understand why you cut some of them off. I guess only experience or someone like you will make it clear,

The twilight says it is a 8 to 14 week bloom. Don't know why such a gap, will be interesting to see how long yours go. (total time)

Have you calculated the electrical cost of the LED's?

Thanks for again for all the good info

I won' mess up your report more than i have , so I will make my correction here:

I went to one of my fav seed site and saw this for the Twilight

Obviously me and the site are wrong :spiteful:

post-19084-0-60185800-1358733730.jpg

• Like 1

Looking nice.

I will have to change my way of thinking. I thought the fan leaves are the main engine for the buds.

I understand why you cut some of them off. I guess only experience or someone like you will make it clear,

The twilight says it is a 8 to 14 week bloom. Don't know why such a gap, will be interesting to see how long yours go. (total time)

Hi Newfriend :)

There are some nice grows on ICMAG using defoliation, which is where I learned about it.

I'm sure I posted some links on the forum and also showed some Twilights being defoliated and showing refoliation in another post.

I'll try and find the links for you, if your interested?

hehe you just had me going to Dutch Passion web site and they say 7-8 week flower and it better be lol.

I'm looking at 5 more weeks if possible, I really wanna start my money makers going for my World Cup journal.

Once I have germed my money maker seeds ,I can then apply for seeds for the Auto World Cup and I would really love to try some new autos.

If any of these plants look like taking 14 weeks I'm gonna have kittens.

So far I haven't even looked at running costs, though in not that hard i guess.

The light when using full spectrum is 185W actual draw, For the first 3 weeks I only used the veg spectrum but haven't got round to measuring the power draw for that yet.

We can ball park it if we say approximately the light uses 185W for 3 weeks (though will be less just using veg mode) until it is mature enough to start flowering and lets say 9 weeks flowering that would come to 12 weeks.

12 weeks x 7 days = 84 days

84 days x 12 hours = 1008 hours

1008 hours x 185W = 186480W

186480w / 1000w = 186.48kwh

electricity is approx 10 pence for 1kwh

186.48 x 0.10 = £18.65

So that's pretty good price,if you consider a pint of beer is approx £3.30 (I'd don't go to wetherspoons xD)

So 5.5 pints of beer would cost 5.5 pints x £3.30 = £18.15 that works out to the same as buying half a pint a week.

I'll get round to doing a proper measurement on the veg phase and give a cost at the end of the grow.

Thanks for dropping by

Lams

• Like 1

The plants are looking awesome Lams! if you get another LED to scrog the MM's LOOKOUT!! Really nice job opening them up a bit with the defoliation :) I like that you've decided to let the lower buds go to see how far the light penetrates. I read somewhere awhile back that LED's produce a type of wavelength whose energy is better transferred to lower buds and increases lower bud growth even if the light isn't directly penetrating down to those particular buds. I think it was in an issue of a Canadian growing magazine called Maximum Yield. If I find the info i will post it for sure.

I LOVE the way you related the cost of running the LED to beer. It's good to know that other people around the world use beer as a general indicator of the value of something :lol:

Keep up the awesome work bro..very interesting strain for sure. The flowering time says 53 days on this site if it is the same strain :)

http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Twilight/Dutch_Passion/

• Like 1

The plants are looking awesome Lams! if you get another LED to scrog the MM's LOOKOUT!! Really nice job opening them up a bit with the defoliation :) I like that you've decided to let the lower buds go to see how far the light penetrates. I read somewhere awhile back that LED's produce a type of wavelength whose energy is better transferred to lower buds and increases lower bud growth even if the light isn't directly penetrating down to those particular buds. I think it was in an issue of a Canadian growing magazine called Maximum Yield. If I find the info i will post it for sure.

I LOVE the way you related the cost of running the LED to beer. It's good to know that other people around the world use beer as a general indicator of the value of something :lol:

Keep up the awesome work bro..very interesting strain for sure. The flowering time says 53 days on this site if it is the same strain :)

http://en.seedfinder.../Dutch_Passion/

Hi Smokey :)

If you can find that article it would be awesome ,it is always nice to get new info.

It will be interesting to see if the lower buds come to anything or just end up as popcorn.

When it comes to the MM scrog, I gonna be expecting to have a bumper harvest, but lets get this one put to bed first.

A pint of beer is a bloke measurement hehe and Is the minimum full unit when going out with a mate ie. wanna go to the pub for a pint ;)

The strain is often grown outdoors in Holland and is not as refined as some of the hybrids out there, it is a Indica dominant strain.

The web site I went to is - http://www.dutch-pas...oduct/twilight/

Seed finder is a great site and I will up date the Twilight page there once the grow is over, dried and weighed.

Blackberry flavor, now doesn't that sound yummy, the tall girl is the fruitiest smelling plant where as the other two are more dank and earthy.

Thanks for dropping by :D

Peace

Lams

Looking nice.

I won' mess up your report more than i have , so I will make my correction here:

I went to one of my fav seed site and saw this for the Twilight

Obviously me and the site are wrong :spiteful:

No problems man,the seed company may have put a approx time period too, there may be phenos that flower longer.

What was the seed site?

In no way feel any comment or correction you make is messing my report up, It is good to hear what you say and have to add to the thread. :)

It turns out that electric cost is about half a pint of beer a week lmao xD

Peace bro

Lams

Hi Lams :bye:

Loving your grow and the reason why I joined strainhunters!

I'm also using an Elitegrow but a Pro100, was checking online for any eliegrow users and they are few at the moment so was chuffed to see how it's doing in optimum conditions.

I'e got my pro100 in a stealth veg cab that's only 60cm high which I think is creating issues.

The minimum distance I get is only 12" when they're up to 3weeks old and I think the intensity is too much, leaves are starting to look twisty with slight claw.

At first I thought it was rh, ph, nutrients but they look green and ph is 6.5, rh is 50%. I had a 90w ufo in the cab before and had no such issues.

I think I'll get a 140 cm grow tent and see if that changes things.

Also I use rootgrow, molasses and liquid seaweed so the similarities make your grow interesting for me.

Thanks for the info on silica which is intriguing. It'd be interesting to do a side by side grow with clones, one with silica and one with.

Anyways, take it easy man and well done with a great journal :biggrin:

• Like 1

Hi Lams :bye:

Loving your grow and the reason why I joined strainhunters!

I'm also using an Elitegrow but a Pro100, was checking online for any eliegrow users and they are few at the moment so was chuffed to see how it's doing in optimum conditions.

I'e got my pro100 in a stealth veg cab that's only 60cm high which I think is creating issues.

The minimum distance I get is only 12" when they're up to 3weeks old and I think the intensity is too much, leaves are starting to look twisty with slight claw.

At first I thought it was rh, ph, nutrients but they look green and ph is 6.5, rh is 50%. I had a 90w ufo in the cab before and had no such issues.

I think I'll get a 140 cm grow tent and see if that changes things.

Also I use rootgrow, molasses and liquid seaweed so the similarities make your grow interesting for me.

Thanks for the info on silica which is intriguing. It'd be interesting to do a side by side grow with clones, one with silica and one with.

Anyways, take it easy man and well done with a great journal :biggrin:

Hi gogo first let me welcome you to the forum, I hope you finding it a fun and informative place :)

Strain Hunters as you'll probably realised is a happy friendly place to be, I call it my home on the interweb.

It is a good idea to make a post in the Introduce yourself section of the forum, here you will meet new people and some of our great mods will be sure to give you a hearty welcome too :D

Thank you for your kind words about my grow and it is also nice to meet a fellow member using an Elite pro LED.

If you know of any links to other grows using the same LED, I would be interested in seeing them, please post a link. :)

I would love to see your grow, it does sound a little height restricted,you will surely love the extra height with a tent.

When my plants were young I had my light @ 24" above and was only using veg mode first 3 week, after 3 weeks I switched to full spectrum mode and started reducing the height of my lamp to 12" away from the tops.

So far I have had no problems with my light being 12" away from my plants, I did however get a tiny bit of bleaching on one leaflet on a fan leaf when the light got too close.

Without seeing a pic of you plant hard to say what causing your problems, why not make a grow journal and provide as many details as you can and so pics too.

Good to see we think alike, Root Grow, molasses & seaweed extract :D

As for the silica "DiaHydro" the plant stems seem very strong and I am liking it in my soil mix, I also plan to use it in hydro 50/50 with clay pebbles, though switching to hydro may take some time, as there seems always something else going on.

Thanks for dropping by and saying hi :D

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 1

Hi Lams

How much/% of the Diahydro High Silica growing Medium (Diatomaceous Earth) would you recomend for me?

I am growing in a soil with 25% Per-lite, I like the way it drains and worried the the Diatomaceous Earth will hold to much water.

Besides the benefits of the silica and other minerals.

I understand it is a good killer of gnats (i always have gnats),

just not sure of the amount to mix with my Soil/Perl mix, I'm thinking of fine powder.

Don't think the rock size will kill the gnats?

Thanks

Prolly should have started another thread? Ha You would give me the answr anyway LOL